Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 11:29 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,228,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
I couldn't help but notice that you voluntarily told us that you were gay. And, of all your "American" credentials, you listed gay at the top.
Yes, every american is equal. But your side has a large percentage of the following
1. Non high school graduates
2. unemployed
3. non tax payers (they "take" more than they pay)
4. Illegal immigrants (or family members who are illegal)
5. LBGT/ HIV positive
6. drug users
7. Criminals and gangsters

So, it seems as though you are in good company.

Just to clarify... the people with these qualities are highly likely to vote democrat. They are a large portion of the democrat electorate. I would even classify these people as the "base" of the democrats.
Hillary won't admit this, of course. But, it's obvious that they want and need those votes to win.
I know many gay people, none of whom suffer these ills. But let's assume your facts that you didn't think needed to be backed up (Trump does show evidence, so neither do I!) are true. What does that have to do with being gay? Is there some magical connection there? An awful lot of other demographics suffer these problems too. But they aren't gay. So presumably, there is another external factor here irrelevant to who they are attracted to.

Also, what's going on with #5. LBGT/HIV positive? Was that a typo or did you intentionally include LGBT as a diagnosis. Because yes, gay people are far more likely to be gay that stragiht people. Sort of like how heterosexual conservatives are more likely to be gay than heterosexual liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 11:31 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
It is beyond time for Americans to start demanding our gov't to do it's job. Our president and congress continue to sell us out and betray us, and we are stupid enough to keep voting for the same thing. We have Stockholm Syndrome. Political correctness has enslaved us to the point that the crooked congressmen, media, police, judges, teachers, and others with any authority have stopped serving is and have actually been screwing us. Bad policies have become the norm. They have prioritized things completely backwards from what most Americans want. We need to stop "tolerating" terrorists. We need to stop tolerating gays. We need to stop tolerating crooked politicians.
It's time that we used our power to take back OUR country!

Americans are standing up every day, they continue to vote for both major political parties who continue to sell them out, just like Americans want.

Until Americans get educated, they will continue to vote for this, thinking one of the two possible outcomes is preferable.

While Democrats are far more preferable than Republicans, neither party represents the interests of the vast majority of Americans. However, only Republicans are truly contemptuous of the middle class. Why white American middle class voters continue to vote for them is a direct result of the Dumbing Down of America.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:34 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
so now you brink up Beirut attacks. When you start taking cheap shots at Reagan then I know you are brainwashed. Even Obama and Hillary don't do that. During the Reagan years we ended the cold war, and improved the economy big-time. We improved our military, and repaired our standing internationally. It was a great time to be an American. Maybe you weren't around for it? or, maybe you missed the good old days of the 70's? Sure, many Americans enjoyed the 70's. But, any success or progress as a country was in spite of (not because) Carter's policies.

You
chose to bring up the 'Iran hostages', I merely brought up one of Ronnie's far less than shining moments. Just what is it that makes you wrongly believe only you are entitled to comment on Reagan here? And, just what is it that makes you believe telling the unvarnished truth is a "cheap shot"?

And I'll ask once again: Just WHAT is your definition of the "Real Americans" you refer to in your thread title?

I guess asking you to factually support your 7 'points' in post #118 would be asking too much, right?

Old 06-19-2016, 11:43 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,597,807 times
Silly Americans.... thought democracy was a good idea.. never read Plato.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:46 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Silly Americans.... thought democracy was a good idea.. never read Plato.

that is the problem with Americans, they still think that the USA is a democracy, when in fact it is supposed to be a Republic.

only elections are supposed to be democratic in nature, all the rest is part of a Republic.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:50 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,709,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I know many gay people, none of whom suffer these ills. But let's assume your facts that you didn't think needed to be backed up (Trump does show evidence, so neither do I!) are true. What does that have to do with being gay? Is there some magical connection there? An awful lot of other demographics suffer these problems too. But they aren't gay. So presumably, there is another external factor here irrelevant to who they are attracted to.

Also, what's going on with #5. LBGT/HIV positive? Was that a typo or did you intentionally include LGBT as a diagnosis. Because yes, gay people are far more likely to be gay that stragiht people. Sort of like how heterosexual conservatives are more likely to be gay than heterosexual liberals.
Its no secret that gays account for a high % of HIV/AIDS. There is a direct relationship.

When the temperature goes up during the day, I conclude that the sun has a "direct" impact on temps. My theory is also based on the temperatures dropping at night when the sun goes down.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

You
chose to bring up the 'Iran hostages', I merely brought up one of Ronnie's far less than shining moments. Just what is it that makes you wrongly believe only you are entitled to comment on Reagan here? And, just what is it that makes you believe telling the unvarnished truth is a "cheap shot"?

And I'll ask once again: Just WHAT is your definition of the "Real Americans" you refer to in your thread title?

I guess asking you to factually support your 7 'points' in post #118 would be asking too much, right?
I told you, my last name is not Webster. Sorry if you didn't like my answer.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:55 AM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
I couldn't help but notice that you voluntarily told us that you were gay. And, of all your "American" credentials, you listed gay at the top.
Yes, every american is equal. But your side has a large percentage of the following
1. Non high school graduates
2. unemployed
3. non tax payers (they "take" more than they pay)
4. Illegal immigrants (or family members who are illegal)
5. LBGT/ HIV positive
6. drug users
7. Criminals and gangsters

So, it seems as though you are in good company.

Just to clarify... the people with these qualities are highly likely to vote democrat. They are a large portion of the democrat electorate. I would even classify these people as the "base" of the democrats.
Hillary won't admit this, of course. But, it's obvious that they want and need those votes to win.
The list was not in any specific order, so get off it. Stop putting words and meanings in other people's mouths.

As Ronnie used to say, "Well, there he goes again", this time with the "your side". That's your problem. You worry too much about one side VERSUS the other side.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

You

The 7 points in post 118 are accurate. they are so accurate that you can't refute them. Anyone who pays attention to American politics/elections knows these things to be true. If people want to vote or democrats then they can. But, at least you need to be aware that your party supports (and is supported at the ballot box by) those groups of people.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:56 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,597,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
that is the problem with Americans, they still think that the USA is a democracy, when in fact it is supposed to be a Republic.

only elections are supposed to be democratic in nature, all the rest is part of a Republic.
Sure, but to call it a Republic would be to disregard reality at this point.
The states are nothing more than provinces, administrative districts.
In short, the republic was democratically overturned.
We don't even have true democracy, we have a re-presentation,
so that we can only change things by RE-presenting ourselves.
Then the re-presentatives decide for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies