Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 11:59 AM

27,160 posts, read 15,334,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

The fact is, you know exactly what you get with hillary. You have no idea what you get with trump though.

......and what you get with Hillary is nothing America needs and lots of what she doesn't need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 12:11 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
so now you brink up Beirut attacks. When you start taking cheap shots at Reagan then I know you are brainwashed. Even Obama and Hillary don't do that. During the Reagan years we ended the cold war, and improved the economy big-time. We improved our military, and repaired our standing internationally. It was a great time to be an American. Maybe you weren't around for it? or, maybe you missed the good old days of the 70's? Sure, many Americans enjoyed the 70's. But, any success or progress as a country was in spite of (not because) Carter's policies.
The cold war didn't end because of Reagan. It just happened during Reagan's term. It was a collective process of American foreign policy over several decades.

Old 06-19-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
and, if gays are born that way then how do you explain bisexuality? Is that a choice?
It seems to be with a lot of supposedly straight married men with children.

Old 06-19-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Its no secret that gays account for a high % of HIV/AIDS. There is a direct relationship.

When the temperature goes up during the day, I conclude that the sun has a "direct" impact on temps. My theory is also based on the temperatures dropping at night when the sun goes down.
Uh huh. Does your thought process also work when in the middle of the day a cold front passes through and despite more hours of sunlight the temperature drops?

Old 06-19-2016, 12:22 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
I told you, my last name is not Webster. Sorry if you didn't like my answer.
IOW, you use terms you do not know the meaning of.

Last edited by burdell; 06-19-2016 at 12:33 PM..

Old 06-19-2016, 12:24 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
The 7 points in post 118 are accurate. they are so accurate that you can't refute them.
I don't have to refute them, they are your allegations unsupported by fact.

IF we're supposed to take them as anything but your O-P-I-N-I-O-N it's up to you to support them with facts.

Quote:
Anyone who pays attention to American politics/elections knows these things to be true. If people want to vote or democrats then they can. But, at least you need to be aware that your party supports (and is supported at the ballot box by) those groups of people.

Truth in politics?

GOOD ONE!

Are you kidding or working on a stand-up routine?

Old 06-19-2016, 12:42 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,228,383 times
Quote:
Its no secret that gays account for a high % of HIV/AIDS. There is a direct relationship.

When the temperature goes up during the day, I conclude that the sun has a "direct" impact on temps. My theory is also based on the temperatures dropping at night when the sun goes down.
Ok, but why specifically would temperatures drop? Sure, the sun goes down and now it's a little colder. Why though? What causes the temperatures to change. Surely it can't just be the sun. If that were the case, it would be frozen as soon as it goes down. And of course, there's an answer to that. It goes deeper and starts looking at more than a single factor.

You can use surface level thinking all you want but as it turns out, that's never enough and usually is considered unhelpful. Given that plenty of gay people don't have AIDs, and plenty of straight people do, we have to start thinking bigger than just 'it's cause they're ****' or whatever you're doing.

Old 06-19-2016, 01:37 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times
Quote:
It is beyond time for Americans to start demanding our gov't to do it's job. Our president and congress continue to sell us out and betray us, and we are stupid enough to keep voting for the same thing. We have Stockholm Syndrome. Political correctness has enslaved us to the point that the crooked congressmen, media, police, judges, teachers, and others with any authority have stopped serving is and have actually been screwing us. Bad policies have become the norm. They have prioritized things completely backwards from what most Americans want. We need to stop "tolerating" terrorists. We need to stop tolerating gays. We need to stop tolerating crooked politicians.
It's time that we used our power to take back OUR country!
No, it's they sit down. They've done enough damage as it is.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Who is his VP pick? I read that he is considering Santorum? That would be great. I was thinking Guiliani or Rand Paul. I don't think Paul is willing to do it though. Jeb Bush would be great if he could get over himself.
It's too bad that we don't have a General Swartzkofpf or Patton, or Eizenhower to choose from.

Jeb Bush? That is asking for an assassination! Ties to the CIA and his dads involvement in the cover up of the JFK assassination. HW. Bush was watching the door of the Book Conservatory, when employed by the CIA..

Old 06-19-2016, 02:02 PM

1,185 posts, read 1,505,136 times
Quote:
It is beyond time for Americans to start demanding our gov't to do it's job. Our president and congress continue to sell us out and betray us, and we are stupid enough to keep voting for the same thing. We have Stockholm Syndrome. Political correctness has enslaved us to the point that the crooked congressmen, media, police, judges, teachers, and others with any authority have stopped serving is and have actually been screwing us. Bad policies have become the norm. They have prioritized things completely backwards from what most Americans want. We need to stop "tolerating" terrorists. We need to stop tolerating gays. We need to stop tolerating crooked politicians.
It's time that we used our power to take back OUR country!
You had me agreeing, and then...

People should be allowed to do what they want as long as it isn't affecting other people. What two people do behind closed doors is none of your business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies