Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 09:50 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Burn Baby Burn. The funny thing is the average Trump supporter thinks Barack Obama is Stokley Carmicheal or Huey P. Newton.

The average Trump supporter barely graduated from high school if it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 09:58 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,043,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
That isn't any more true than saying that the average Hillary supporter is an illegal, welfare leech with 8 babies and a WIC card.

Don't be a complete moron Cali, stupid is not a pretty color on you.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:10 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I really don't get why people don't understand this. Possibly, only people that are use to making their own money understand change is good........even in the way of bankruptcy.
You should read up a bit on Trump's Atlantic City businesses. Short story long: Trump wildly overleveraged his businesses, extracted every dime he could to his personal accounts, then declared bankruptcy, leaving investors and contractors holding the bag.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone who ever purchased a junk bond with the name Trump on it (he had to offer 14%, which should show you how much faith people had in his business acumen), but the contractors - y'know, small businesses, the ones the GOP pretend to like - went unpaid, and many went under.

But hey, success for Trump, who tucked away 40+ million by failing.

Successful businessmen are supposed to keep the big clockwork that's the economy running. That's why they're amply rewarded. People like Trump get rich by stealing the grease.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:11 AM

716 posts, read 393,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Which shouldn't matter because moral principles are moral principles irrespective of demographics. The shift only matters because of the progressive left's obsession with identity politics.
You're correct, moral principles are irrespective of our changing demographics, no one is arguing otherwise, you seem to be confusing moral principles with policies.

Where's the morality the proven failed policy of trickled-on economics?!?

Where's the morality in refusing to stop suspected terrorists from buying guns?!?

Where's the morality in vilifying an entire religion?!?

Where's the morality in gutting Wall street regulations?

Where's the morality in demonizing Latinos?!?

Have you ever heard of the old adage, penny wise and pound foolish?!? In the long run, sucking up to a smaller and smaller percentage of the electorate in order to win elections is a losing proposition.

Have you ever heard of the anecdote about putting a frog in a slowly heated pot of water that comes to a boil? I'm so thankful that conservative are such slow learners. They're cooked, stick a fork in'em...

Last edited by sd-bound; 06-27-2016 at 10:23 AM..

Old 06-27-2016, 10:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Lightbulb Trump is GOP PUNISHMENT for not stopping the Birther & Tea Party Movements

Look...

Drumpf is in no way a "punishment" of any sort. He won the primary by a wide margin, collecting far more delegates than his 16 challengers combined. It was a very substantial victory.

Despite hypocritical moans and groans from the GOP establishment, nothing Drumpf has said has been a deviation from Republican orthodoxy. For decades the GOP has courted and embraced the ignorant bigoted religious right fringe and now those chickens are roosting all over them.

The rise of Drumpf or a very similar demagogue was inevitable.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:28 AM

1,166 posts, read 755,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I've said it before, and it bears repeating: The GOP courted the fringe for the last decade, and it now defines their party. They reaped what they sowed. They are no longer the party of Lincoln, and haven't been for a long time. Sad, really.

The change has been gradual and dramatic at the same time. The voice of the GOP used to be Rush Limbaugh and now it is crackpots like Alex Jones and traitorous terrorists like Cliven and Ammon Bundy.

The Republican Party that I used to support and vote for is gone, most likely never to return. It has been replaced by a collection of racists, bigots, conspiracy theory nutbags, Christian Taliban and sovereign citizen misfits.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:35 AM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
In 2008, the Republican elite (ie the Koch Brothers and their ilk) thought that is was funny that uneducated, working class and poor whites were doing their dirty work by running around calling Barack Obama everything but a child of God. But the wildfire started by the racist Tea Party Movement and the Birthers is now out of to control and is burning the GOP down to the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
I couldn't agree with you more.

I'm a white male who works for a living, obeys the law and pays lots of income taxes.

As such, I am unrepresented by the corrupt pay-for-play two-party system.

Democrats were done with my sort years ago when they doubled-down on division and dependency.

Republicans have paid lip service to representing the interests of working whites like me, but the truth is with just 0.1% of the population providing two-thirds of all campaign funding (Democrats and Republicans alike), representing any working class tax payers puts them at odds with the 0.1% who yank their chain.

The bottom line is that you cannot bribe people with their own money.

And since the money they collect from me is taken from my paycheck before I ever see it, they really don't need to worry about me withholding the money they use to bribe donors and those intent on politically disenfranchising me.

Charges of racism, sexism, homophobia and the like provide a convenient excuse for doing what has been determined in advance should happen, i.e., tax payers, ineligible for give away programs and therefore un-bribable, should be politically disenfranchised by whatever means necessary.

It all works together to keep the DC gravy train rolling.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:37 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,889 times
Quote:
Those of us who hold degrees can easily hold our noses and vote for Trump. Quit sounding so elitist.

Old 06-27-2016, 02:17 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,686,951 times
Back in the late 80's up to the late 90's I had a route sales gig in a car with only an AM radio (OMG) I spent all day on the road listening to; Rush Limbaugh, G. Gordon Liddy, Olie North, Reagan and other local right wing radio studs. I never thought for a moment that the people who believed all this stuff would one day take over the party of ; Bob Dole, Goldwater, and G H Bush. The call in portion of these shows was like listening to the Art Bell show of politics. The chickens have come home to roost indeed.

Old 06-27-2016, 02:29 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Those of us who hold degrees can easily hold our noses and vote for Trump. Quit sounding so elitist.
If you have a degree and support Trump, you wouldn't be lumped in with the average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies