Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2016, 09:52 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Liberals, This Girl Is In Jail For Aborting Her Newborn. Why Won’t You Defend Her? | TheBlaze.com

Killed her new born right after birth and sentenced to life in prison. If she had aborted just a minute before she would be a liberal cause celib to help.
Being pro-choice does not in any way mean that I condone what this young woman was convicted of doing, and it's disgraceful that you would imply as much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 10:17 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Too bad the Supreme Court does not consider the rights of the unborn. They are the only innocents in this entire mess and they need help more than anyone. They sure as hell are not getting any help from their mother obviously.
Stop with the double standard. You are against abortion. Yet when you have to pay for welfare for these kids, you complain So which is it?

Old 07-01-2016, 10:19 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Ohh... please tell me about my life support dependent patients who cannot communicate and have no reaction to outside stimulus including pain? "non-viable" and just bust into their skulls and end it, right? This from someone who is fine with abortions, but your line of thinking is borderline retarded. .
You are "fine with abortions" but you somehow equate abortions with life support? That is really really bizarre, I have no idea what point you are trying to make, or maybe you just threw that in so that you would have a segue into calling me borderline retarded....

Old 07-01-2016, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Source for the 1 in 14? You should know better than picking numbers out of air on a thread like this.
Indeed he should know better, and it's really odd since he apparently claims to be a doctor.

Old 07-01-2016, 10:29 PM

[quote=SilverBulletZ06;44616920] 1 in 14 abortions require emergent blood transfusions. /QUOTE]
You'd better double check those numbers cause you are wrong

Hemorrhage: Bleeding from the uterus heavy enough to require treatment occurs rarely. Hemorrhage, heavy enough to require a blood transfusion occurs in less than one in one thousand cases. A bleeding problem may require medications to help the uterus contract, a repeat aspiration or dilation and curettage or, rarely, surgery to correct the bleeding.

BLEEDING RISKS - U.S. & FRENCH CLINICAL TRIALS 1 per 1000 women may require a blood transfusion for hemorrhage

Old 07-02-2016, 12:01 AM

37,103 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If she had aborted just a minute before she would be a liberal cause celib to help.
That is not true, you know it, and it does not help your argument to say it. It just makes you look foolish.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:26 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Pediatricians do circumcisions in their offices. Should every pediatric office have to follow the standards an ambulatory surgery center does?
All facilities that provides surgical procedures should be held to the same high standards.

Why should abortion facilities be held to lower standards than other surgical facilities? Is it that politicians and the abortion industry believe that the availability of abortions is more important than the health and safety of the women seeking abortions?

Old 07-02-2016, 03:53 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
All facilities that provides surgical procedures should be held to the same high standards.

Why should abortion facilities be held to lower standards than other surgical facilities? Is it that politicians and the abortion industry believe that the availability of abortions is more important than the health and safety of the women seeking abortions?
Yes, and don't forget that the abortion industry has their eye on the bottom line. Can't cut corners and increase profits by providing lower quality care if you have to meet the same standards as every other ambulatory surgery facility.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:53 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
What??

Minor outpatient surgical procedures are preformed ALL THE TIME in doctors' offices that don't "meet minimum ambulatory center standards"!

All. The. Time.

I had outpatient hand surgery last week in my doctor's office. Should that be illegal? My dad and my grandfather frequently have dermatological procedures done in office (skin cancers removed.) Should that be illegal? How about vasectomies? They're usually done in-office. Outlaw those too??

Come on now. I can understand the "life begins at conception" argument better than this silly "ambulatory surgery center" argument.
When my port-a-cath is removed, my oncologist will slice a 2 inch incision on my chest and pull a device out, as well as pull the catheter out of my aorta. This is one in a doctor's office and is FAR more dangerous than an abortion.

So are deep dental cleanings. Should dentists have visiting privileges at a local hospital too? And halls wide enough for a gurney?

There was no surgery involved in my abortion which, like almost all abortions before 9 weeks (when most abortions are performed), is done by taking a series of several pills at home. Should my hallways at home meet medical standards, too?

Old 07-02-2016, 06:07 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
[quote=2sleepy;44617654]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
1 in 14 abortions require emergent blood transfusions. /QUOTE]
You'd better double check those numbers cause you are wrong

Hemorrhage: Bleeding from the uterus heavy enough to require treatment occurs rarely. Hemorrhage, heavy enough to require a blood transfusion occurs in less than one in one thousand cases. A bleeding problem may require medications to help the uterus contract, a repeat aspiration or dilation and curettage or, rarely, surgery to correct the bleeding.

BLEEDING RISKS - U.S. & FRENCH CLINICAL TRIALS 1 per 1000 women may require a blood transfusion for hemorrhage
Yet, liberals never seem to stop from crying when it suits them, "if it saves just ONE life, it is worth it!"

I think the word is "hypocrite".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies