Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 11:15 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Children will be killed because of this yet you two think it's a great decision. Maybe the end times are near.
Wrong. Cells will be sucked out. No children were harmed in the making of this abortion. Spare us the dramatics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 11:15 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Can the decisions of the Supreme Court place you and you family at risk of death or physical harm?
Absolutely! God ( that's the guy who created the universe) knows the fetus in the womb. Many of us
believe it ticks Him off to a point of judgment when caregivers and babysitters abort . The judgment
ticks me off because when He unleashes His wrath my family and I are at risk of collateral damage
when He allows our destruction. Our society is already presenting demonic tendencies whereby a
large segment have blinders on are Godless riding the perverted "woman's rights" card or spin. In
fairness that stand is based on ignorance and desire to be free from any moral rules from the likes of
"religious". That freedom is a right ,but. Trash bagging a living fetus is not!
Such drama! God did not send me a severely deformed fetus with no potential for long-term survival, and you are not in peril because my husband and I chose to terminate our pregnancy. Bad things happen. We did what we thought was right (and still do)... and we grieved... and then we woke up one day twenty years later with three healthy children and a pretty darn great life despite the ups and downs. I have absolutely no patience for the nonsense you posted above.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Yet they resort to medieval methods to stop the development of a human life because they made a mistake. Makes sense. Seems real intelligent.
Lol, I suggest you educate yourself & get thee to an abortion procedure pronto so you can witness it. Medieval was when abortion was illegal. Stop with the dramatics.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:16 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Of the four wisdom tooth removals performed for members of my immediate family, three of them were performed by dentists in the same chair where we had our semi-annual dental cleanings. My husband's vasectomy was an office procedure. Try again.
Not my experience. Our wisdom teeth were removed in a dental surgery center, and even a subcutaneous cyst removal was done in a surgery center. All meeting higher standards than abortion clinics.

But, it seems to be OK with you if women are considered 2nd class citizens in regards to their health care needs.

If meeting higher standards were such a problem, people would be complaining about insufficient access to procedures at surgery centers. They aren't, because meeting those higher standards simply isn't a problem.

Too many of you are letting your emotional responses irrationally accept the treatment of women as 2nd class citizens. What a disappointment.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Unless it's rape I would say it's the woman's problem since she's the one getting pregnant. Chalk it up to her taste in men and her choices I would say.

I guess that thought process is what helps her think it's ok to kill a baby at it's most vulnerable stage when it needs it's mother the most.

And of course the idiot government enables her.

She got pregnant due to ignorance and solved the problem with abortion which is the ultimate ignorance.
Don't be sticking penises in a woman if you don't want to deal with pregnancy & the resulting decisions. See how that works?

Old 06-27-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Who is too stupid to use birth control. That's the way I see it. With all the birth control available only a person with a very low I. Q. would need to do the more expensive birth control.

Maybe we need some higher I.Q.'s on the court too. Then maybe they could consider the rights of the child.
A clump of cells isn't a child. Basic biology dear Watson.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:20 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Thank you Supreme Court, for seeing past religious fervor and angry misogyny of those seeking to control women's fertility and family planning and making a sound and just decision.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:24 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Absolute BS You want to make women second class citizens by outlawing abortion and sending them back to what they suffered through before Roe v. Wade where abortions were often performed by non professionals or doctors who had lost their license
Wow. What an emotionally completely irrational reaction. What about requiring abortion clinics to meet the same standards as surgery centers outlaws abortions? Nothing. Nothing at all. All it does is brings the standard of women's health care up from 2nd class inferiority to on par with everyone else.

Are you, too, an advocate of treating women like 2nd class citizens in regards to their health care needs? What a disappointment.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:25 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Confused here. I saw the law requiring the standards at clinics to same as hospitals and admittabilty to local hospitals. Whats the big deal?. I see the law as being safer for abortions, not infringing.

When a reasonable level of safety already exists what reason is there for the government to mandate more?

You'd be arguably safer driving down the interstate at 10mph than at 75mph, is that also additional state mandated safety you'd endorse?

Old 06-27-2016, 11:26 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Don't be sticking penises in a woman if you don't want to deal with pregnancy & the resulting decisions. See how that works?
So, in your opinion sex is only for procreation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies