Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 11:55 AM

89,033 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If the building has been renovated in any way in the last 20 years they are required to have ADA compliant doorways.
And when it hasn't? No.

Performing surgery on a woman without requiring the facility to meet surgery center standards is treating women like 2nd class citizens. Why liberals are adamant in going along with that is completely illogical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 11:56 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why go to a Catholic hospital for such a procedure?
Sometimes the only hospital in town is Catholic-affiliated. If there is a hospital in town. There are many communities in Texas and in other states that have little if any medical infrastructure.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:57 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
lol. Then what are they doing getting pregnant against their wishes? Intelligent? Nope. Responsible? Obviously not. Moral? Surely, you jest!

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against abortion. But to call women seeking abortion intelligent, responsible, and moral is a laugh. A very BIG laugh.
Yes, because in your little fantasy world, all birth control is 100 percent effective and never, ever, ever fails.

In other words, you live in a parallel universe. Back here in the real world, unexpected things happen, yes, even to intelligent, moral, responsible people. Blows your mind, doesn't it?

Geesh, you talking about intelligent people while making a post like this is the real joke.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:57 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Actually, it is. But you're good with that. That's on you.

Surgery centers are required to meet higher standards.

Surgical (suction aspiration) abortions can be performed at clinics that meet much lower standards.

That's treating women as 2nd class citizens.
And NON surgical abortion providers were required to meet surgical center standards while OTHER outpatient surgical providers were not required to meet surgical center standards.

Why is that?

If they were worried about safe surgical procedures then the law would have applied to ALL outpatient surgical procedure providers but it didn't. And they applied it to providers that do NO surgical procedures at all.
Wonder why?

Old 06-27-2016, 11:58 AM

89,033 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Informedconsent, you do know that people here see through hour feigned "concern" for women's safety don't you?
Feigned concern? I'm female, and I have female family members. I'm pro-choice. But I think it's a BIG mistake to accept lower medical standards when surgical procedures are performed on women, than those required for anyone else obtaining services at a surgery center.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
And when it hasn't? No.

Performing surgery on a woman without requiring the facility to meet surgery center standards is treating women like 2nd class citizens. Why liberals are adamant in going along with that is completely illogical.
Even pre ADA doorways are larger than 21" so no problem getting a stretcher in, and opening a medical clinic would require altering (additional lighting, more or moving electrical outlets) thus they would be required to come up to current ADA standards.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:01 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Huge fail...you should read what you are linking because you just destroyed your own case of requiring abortions to be done in surgical centers

FROM YOUR LINK:
Quote:
"Surgical abortion, also known as suction aspiration abortion, can be performed in a one-day procedure if less than 14 weeks have passed since the first day of your last menstrual period. The procedure is done in the doctor's office with local anesthesia and oral pain-relieving medications.
"

Old 06-27-2016, 12:03 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Feigned concern? I'm female, and I have female family members. I'm pro-choice. But I think it's a BIG mistake to accept lower medical standards when surgical procedures are performed on women, than those required for anyone else obtaining services at a surgery center.
Well, as another female who had an abortion in a clinic with no complications, I disagree. And so does most of the medical profession. And the millions of abortions which were performed without incident outside of surgical centers also contradicts you.

I know, I know, you think that you, Informed Consent, know much better than doctors who perform these procedures, but guess what? No one else thinks your opinion outweighs the medical community.

Don't get an abortion and you will have nothing to worry about. Problem solved.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:03 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Why go to a Catholic hospital for such a procedure?
Not a Catholic Hospital. A public hospital and regional center in a medium-sized city with a Catholic CEO and Board of Directors.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Then why weren't ALL providers of outpatient surgical procedures required to operate at surgical center standards?
Why were NON surgical abortion providers required to operate at surgical center standards? What is surgical about prescribing a pill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies