Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 12:54 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What do Obstetricians from the AMA know about births or abortion, Abbotts attorneys know better
HAHAHAHA! This one just got me tittering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 12:58 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And people don't check into things like that before they choose to live there? Personal responsibility goes a long way...
Now you're just flailing. It's just sad. A stunning defeat I know. And even that magic 5th Conservative Justice couldn't fix it because at the end of the day no on wants to see America go back to the days when women really were 2nd Class Citizens. No one. No one that matters anyway.

Old 06-27-2016, 01:00 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakin View Post
a certain amount of killing is tolerated, even when someone does it with an assault rifle.
fify

Old 06-27-2016, 01:07 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Here's the problem you don't understand... non-surgical abortions have a higher complication rate due to the induced abortion being incomplete. Guess what happens then... a surgical abortion must be performed, and at that point the procedure already has complications. Hence, the requirement for all abortion facilities to meet the same standards as surgery centers.
BS

Quote:
People who get abortions are less likely to have complications than people who have their wisdom teeth removed, finds a new study published in the journal Obstetrics & Gynecology.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...VDL5LZysXO9PUQ

And here are a bunch of statistics:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...lAE-OU0seh4qtw

Old 06-27-2016, 01:08 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
How dare Texas require medical doctors adhere to the same medical requirements as health clinics <sarcasm>. Perhaps these US Supreme Court Justices should have visited abortion clinics that have cleanliness on par with a slaughterhouse.

And which ones would those be?

Names & addresses?

Or just more smokescreen?

Old 06-27-2016, 01:10 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
A certain amount of Killing is tolerated unless someone does it with an assault rifle.
The assault rifle killings are the ones that are tolerated by many of the very same people who would have you believe their alleged concern for life extends to blastocysts.

Old 06-27-2016, 01:12 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Public hospital? You mean like Stroger in Chicago? I'm calling BS on that as a public facility cannot impose religious beliefs on those they serve.
Laughing my ass off!

Tell that to the politicians who are quite verbal about their hatred of legal abortion, citing their religious beliefs and attempting to pass BS laws. How much more 'public' can one get than being a politician?

Old 06-27-2016, 01:15 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Oh, absolutely, FatBob, women should definitely NEVER have sex with any man unless she WANTS to become pregnant.
Not saying that.....but there has to be some level of risk acceptance.
And the moral acceptance of risk comes with moral acceptance of responsibility.

Intelligent, responsible and moral women accept the responsibility or find ways to reduce the risk before pregnacy occurs.

Do mistakes happen? Sure ....BC fails occasionally.

But the vast majority of abortions are not done because of failed BC.

They are done as a matter of convenience to the "intelligent responsible and moral" women who think that it won't happen to them.

Old 06-27-2016, 01:18 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
And people don't check into things like that before they choose to live there? Personal responsibility goes a long way...
Personal responsibility? Really? You're going to go there?

Six generations of my family had lived in or near this city by the time I was born! I did not move there; I had spent my entire life there. My family was there. My job was there. People do not typically check up on the religious affiliation of their city hospital's Board of Directors to ensure they aren't preventing their physicians from providing a legal (and not particularly complex) medical procedure. It's a regional center for pity's sake. If you have a weird gynecological disease or condition, that's where you go, because that's where the experts practice. There is no logical reason why the hospital denies abortion other than the religious fervor of its directors. When a hospital strong-arms doctors out of practicing abortion and denies admitting privileges to any doctor who steps up to meet the requirement that will keep the local clinic open, they effectively rescind access to the procedure for all women who cannot travel to the distant university hospital where the procedure can be done. That's a huge problem! So you keep pretending that it's about protecting women's health, but I see through your nonsense.

Last edited by randomparent; 06-27-2016 at 01:29 PM..

Old 06-27-2016, 01:31 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,800 times
I do find it interesting no comments on my situation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies