Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 03:06 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,914,013 times

Advertisements

I was at the parade when this banner came around it had more to do with guns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 03:21 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,228,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
80,000 attempts each year by felons with an arrest rate an average of 4.

honest good people aren't the problem. We already know where these felons live. If we really cared about saving lives.
No one thinks honest people are the problem.

What is the point you're making about knowing where felons live? Or what follows? It's not a complete thought. Are we supposed to fill in the blank? With what? We can send the felons back to jail? Get them into jobs training programs? Have them killed? What is your point?

Old 06-28-2016, 03:29 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
No one thinks honest people are the problem.

What is the point you're making about knowing where felons live? Or what follows? It's not a complete thought. Are we supposed to fill in the blank? With what? We can send the felons back to jail? Get them into jobs training programs? Have them killed? What is your point?
Felons committing felonies. Why aren't they being arrested? Obviously layering MORE ridiculous gun laws and bans onto laws we aren't enforcing isn't working. If we aren't going to arrest known felons for felony acts what's the point of BGC?

It's as futile as hand wringing but appears to be an attempt just to pizz off legal gun owners.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:52 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Don't misrepresent what they're saying. They're clearly talking about gun control. If it's about something else, I'm at a loss. It might just be people wanting to be angry about something. But many liberals feel that Republicans have done nothing to address gun violence and have actively worked to prevent gun control that could have prevent Orlando from happening.
You nailed it.

No where does the banner mention Mateen or Orlando.

They were clearly protesting the lack of any gun reforms because of the Republican obedience to the NRA.

For the record I was in New York City last weekend. I saw the LGBT Pride March. There were an estimated 1,000,000 to 2,500,000 participants. With many people and so hundreds and hundreds of groups you are bound to cherry pick some wacko sign or slogan.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:54 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
You nailed it.

No where does the banner mention Mateen or Orlando.

They were clearly protesting the lack of any gun reforms because of the Republican obedience to the NRA.

For the record I was in New York City last weekend. I saw the LGBT Pride March. There were an estimated 1,000,000 to 2,500,000 participants. With many people and so hundreds and hundreds of groups you are bound to cherry pick some wacko sign or slogan.
We've got around 2000 total gun laws now. The new laws being touted won't change a thing even if there was 100% support.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:55 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,076,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
No. The sign reads "Republican hate kills". There is no connection there to gun control, clear or otherwise. More likely they mean to imply that Republican hatred of gay people has created a homophobic society which rubbed off on Omar, or caused him to crack under the strain of having to deny his gayness, or some other similar nonsense.
People act like Orlando is the only incident ever of gay people being killed due to hate. #smh

What about the thousands of LGBT people each year that commit suicide because people hate them and they can't take it anymore? Do they not matter?

Old 06-28-2016, 03:58 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Ignore the Muslim terrorist who was under FBI scrutiny at least two times. Blame Republicans.
I think the point is that the current laws allow a person who has been under FBI scrutiny at least two times to still purchase guns, and its not because of liberals. Obama spoke about that problem only few months before the shooting.

As for the gay finger pointing, I do not know if its about gun laws, or if its because they just don't like republicans, because they feel republicans don't like them. Maybe both. I visit the Christianity forum a lot, and the pro-gays attack Christians and republicans mercilessly there, and they have been doing it for years.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-28-2016 at 04:12 PM..

Old 06-28-2016, 04:06 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,228,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Felons committing felonies. Why aren't they being arrested? Obviously layering MORE ridiculous gun laws and bans onto laws we aren't enforcing isn't working. If we aren't going to arrest known felons for felony acts what's the point of BGC?

It's as futile as hand wringing but appears to be an attempt just to pizz off legal gun owners.
What exactly do you mean by 'known felons for felony acts?" If we know they're committing a crime, they will be arrested. If there isn't a warrant, they can't be arrested.

BCG exists primarily to prevent gun dealers from selling to someone who's been convicted of a crime and as a result had their 2nd amendment right revoked.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:07 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Not only gun control, the Republican party has fought tooth and nail to keep gay people from obtaining their basic human rights. The right has fostered an atmosphere of hate by their continued opposition to gay marriage, as they cheered people like Kim Davis and Judge Moore who attempted to defy the law and keep gays oppressed.

I think that's what that sign was referring to. And it's a completely valid sentiment.
The Republican Party is clearly the Anti-Gay party.

For something like 20 years the majority of elected Democrats have supported ENDA - the Employment Non-Discrimination Act - which would have given gays and lesbians a small degree of protection against unfair employment discrimination ... and it has been blocked by the Republicans.

Opposition to civil rights for the LGBT Community, opposition to marriage equality, refusal to even recognize the LGBT Community are even enshrined in the Republican Platform.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

For the record I was in New York City last weekend. I saw the LGBT Pride March. There were an estimated 1,000,000 to 2,500,000 participants..
Great to see so much support for members of the LGBT community.

Who have the right to express their opinion via a banner in a parade. Funny how people using the First Amendment at a gay pride parade upsets the conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies