Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 04:59 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,304,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Funny how slaves don't trust their neighbors with guns, yet they trust government agents with them...
I see the personal attacks have started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 05:01 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
The vetting process says, "They're not dangerous right now."
Not until they're medicated.

6,234 posts, read 8,443,944 times
Quote:
To keep down some of the inevitable posts by knee-jerk folks, I have been an owner and a shoot since 1965. I'm retired Navy with a good deal of trigger time. I still shoot at a local range, as does my wife. Now, I hope we can carry on...

It's a simple question: How do I know I can trust you with that gun you're carrying?
If the Government trusts me why wouldn't you? You trust the government don't you?

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Funny how slaves don't trust their neighbors with guns, yet they trust government agents with them...
The double standard principle is a hallmark of the statist mind.

You and I can't murder anyone but the government can murder in your/my name.
You and I can't steal but the government can steal in your/my name.

Etc etc etc

Old 07-05-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
when you see someone that is armed in public, what does your gut feeling tell you about them? as a trained observer, you should have your own gut feelings about the person who is carrying. are they acting irrationally? are they acting in an uncivilized manner? are they constantly reaching back and touching their gun? what actions are they taking that lead you to believe, or suspect, that they may have nefarious intentions in mind?
They have a gun so either get offended or run away. But for Gods sake don't act normal.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I see the personal attacks have started.
irspow is right, Slaves don't have rights. Slaves (and boobus) does as they are told and don't question.
Americans get their rights taken away by a tyrannical government.

Slave lite doesn't have a solid ring to it.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:08 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
To keep down some of the inevitable posts by knee-jerk folks, I have been an owner and a shoot since 1965. I'm retired Navy with a good deal of trigger time. I still shoot at a local range, as does my wife. Now, I hope we can carry on...

It's a simple question: How do I know I can trust you with that gun you're carrying?
You don't know. Just as I don't know YOU can be trusted in any way at any time with any thing.
Golf club? Cane? Baseball bat? Crutch? That set of kitchen knives you just bought? Leatherman? (I carry one all the time. Does THAT worry you?)
I don't know if you can be trusted to carry any of those things!
In fact, I do not know you, so I don't trust you at all, even though I, too, am retired Navy (Seabee).

Old 07-05-2016, 05:09 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
More guns, that'll make everything better.
Yeah, it really might. Just imagine how differently things would have turned out if there had been a few legal concealed carry folks at the Orlando night club. I'm betting a lot fewer than 50 would have died. Just imagine if the Colorado theater shooter had folks shooting back at him? Just imagine if every teacher at Sandy Hook or Columbine was armed and highly trained and capable of shooting back? How many lives would have been saved?

It might have turned out more like these:
Shooter strikes 3 in South Carolina nightclub, stopped by concealed carrier | KFOR.com
12 Times Mass Shootings Were Stopped by Good Guys With Guns
Here Are 5 Times Concealed Carriers Have Stopped Mass Shootings – Concealed Nation

The problems isn't the guns. It's the guns that are in the hands of bad people. If you want to protect yourself from such people, I strongly recommend getting your own gun and CCW. If you'd rather be a sitting duck like those poor victims at the Orlando night club, that's your decision of course. But ultimately, we need more guns in the hands of good people when the **** hits the fan.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:10 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Not my point. You and I are in McDonald's. You have a gun. Why should I trust you with that gun?
Who says you should trust me? Why should I trust you? Why should you trust the guy in the car sitting across from you in the intersection? Why should you trust the doctor you are seeing to accurately diagnose your illness, or why should you trust the pharmacist to give you the right prescription.

This is a pointless argument.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:13 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,304,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
If the Government trusts me why wouldn't you? You trust the government don't you?
Why would you think that? I mentioned I was a historian upstream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies