Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 12:22 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Threads like this, Leftist inflaming the gullible, and Dem politicians have caused these deaths of the Dallas cops. Our cops have a tough job and protect us...shame on our Leftists castigating all cops....you disgust me.
Perhaps if cops really care about the lives of other cops, they would do their jobs better so that nuts like the gunman in this case don't have perceived injustices to fight against.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
All lives matter.

Act stupid around cops and stupid things happen to the perpetrator. As for hiring? I would hire the best qualified regardless of race or otherwise.
The guy in Minnesota didn't do anything "stupid".

Old 07-08-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm white.

I care.

I wholeheartedly believe, based on facts and evidence, that the black community is unfairly targeted by police forces across the country. I wholeheartedly believe, based on facts and evidence, that the black community is unfairly jailed at a much higher rate than people of other ethnicities.

I stand with my black brothers and sisters.
And in this case, I stand with you, and I'm White also.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
How can we the be the architects when what we are we learned it from whites? Lets see....our language....who did we learn that from? lets see....our religion....who did we learn that from? Lets see our diet....who did we learn that from. Calling ourselves the N word.....who did we learn that from? The truth is, although we might biologically be African(black), culturally we are European(white). What white society exposed for us to emulate, since CULTURE IS LEARNED, is denigration and abuse. Now its on autopilot in our communities. White society created the momentum for this....not black society. However, according to Newton, any object moved by a force will continue in the same direction until and unless acted upon by an equal and opposite force.
Interesting perspective. Gotta think on it a bit.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
T...
I side with police when a person resists arrest and in the end dies from it. period.

Why does resisting arrest necessarily mean an automatic death sentence?

Old 07-08-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
Thank you for posting this.....People seem to forget that police already know who the lawbreakers are in any community. When they arrest one of these thugs it doesn't take much for the officer to be on defense and shoot one of them before being shot themselves. If you had a police job you would do the same.
The man in Minnesota was not a trouble maker. Explain that away.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:30 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
We're trying to elect Donald Trump. Will you contribute?

The Clintons called blacks, quote, "super-predators" who need to be "brought to heel," and notoriously called for 100,000 new LE on the streets.
Trump wouldn't rent to black people.

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've posted that video lots and lots of times in these types of threads and it usually always falls on deaf ears. Not sure why.
The underclass black segment of society suffers from oppositional defiance disorder.

3,366 posts, read 1,607,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I'm generally neutral as it relates to the police shootings, but these last 2 shootings have me very hot under the collar.

I've also heard some whites respond with "White people get killed by the police too".

So my question is to the "whites"-Do you even care if whites get killed too? I know you don't care if blacks do and I'm okay with that disposition. Do you care if your own race gets killed? If so what do whites do to prevent it from happening because there is nothing at this point that blacks can do. If you care so much why are you so silent on the issue? Why are you so apathetic?

Please help me to understand. Do you even care?

Here is a story---
I can remember having been a hiring manager at a Hospital with 3,200 employees. There were only 3 of us black managers in the whole darn place. I decided to do something about it. I went on an aggreesive hiring of black managers. Why? 1-We needed more managers 2- we needed managers of color. 3-the Senior Level(white folks) staff supported my efforts.

The point:
I was in a position to make change happen and I DID. It's the highlight of my life.

Since whites are the dominant controlling class, why not use that position to make changes for the better?
While asking if others care about the imaginary line between races that creates these "groups", are you aware that your post is rampant with elements of prejudicial behavior?

Old 07-08-2016, 12:31 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
What I do not understand is why black people become so aggressive and hostile with the police? If I was black and encountered police I would behave in a polite non-threatening manner.
and still get killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies