Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 09:03 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Slavery and racism is America's original sin. It continues to haunt America to this day. Period. All Americans need to understand this. However, it's time for a split. Black people need to stop asking the police for help. If they need help, they can call Al Sharpton, Aliza Garca, Black Lives Matter, and all those other people. There is black fatigue in this country.

Stop promoting interracial marriage as well.
1. Maybe cops should stop shooting blacks for any perceived threat. Start with Hollywood to stop stereotyping blacks as thugs and scary looking people, for one.

2. More than half of interracial relationships involve a white man it ain't us, it's you white guys who are turning down your own women,or your own women don't want you LOL

Old 07-08-2016, 09:30 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,585,129 times
I asked:

He was killed because his tail light was out?

Do you not see what I'm getting at and trying to understand?

And you responded:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
If it matters that AFTER a black man is shot and killed, that it is discovered he was behind on child support, and once had sex with a minor 15 years ago and other evidence of thuggery, then it also matters, matters a whole lot, that a black man can wind up dead because a cop LIED about the reason that the dead black man was stopped in the first place. If you cannot understand that this is HUGE, feel free to put me on "ignore" because I will be hammering that point home for several more posts to come.
How is my point going so far over your head?

Of course it matters that a cop stopped someone for a BS reason. It happens frequently, and I complain about it often. I hate when cops overstep their authority and or do not know the law.

But, that is not my point. And my point is simple.

Someone stated that the guy was shot for having a busted tail light. That is patently false. He was stopped for having a busted tail light (whether that was a true reason or not).

When stopped by the cops, even where we believe the stop to be unjustified, the appropriate, even if difficult to stomach reaction, is to go along with the cop and seek redress later. I don't understand why so many people, black and white, have a problem with this simple notion?

My point, and the fact I am trying to learn, is what action/non-action precipitated the shooting? Was there an altercation? Was their a miscommunication and misunderstanding? Did the cop perceive something incorrectly? Or, was the cop merely a col-blooded killer out to kill a black man?

Old 07-08-2016, 09:40 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
I asked:

He was killed because his tail light was out?

Do you not see what I'm getting at and trying to understand?

And you responded:

How is my point going so far over your head?

Of course it matters that a cop stopped someone for a BS reason. It happens frequently, and I complain about it often. I hate when cops overstep their authority and or do not know the law.

But, that is not my point. And my point is simple.

Someone stated that the guy was shot for having a busted tail light. That is patently false. He was stopped for having a busted tail light (whether that was a true reason or not).

When stopped by the cops, even where we believe the stop to be unjustified, the appropriate, even if difficult to stomach reaction, is to go along with the cop and seek redress later. I don't understand why so many people, black and white, have a problem with this simple notion?

My point, and the fact I am trying to learn, is what action/non-action precipitated the shooting? Was there an altercation? Was their a miscommunication and misunderstanding? Did the cop perceive something incorrectly? Or, was the cop merely a col-blooded killer out to kill a black man?
Are you really still repeating the lie about the broken tail light? Even after all this? He was pulled over in the first place because he (and I believe his GF) matched the description of suspects in an armed robbery that occurred a couple days before. The "broken tail light" narrative is just one more lie BLM idiots are promoting to inflame hatred against police. We don't know exactly what happened in the Castile (sp?) stop...since the video didn't even start till after the stop and the shooting. But we do know it wasn't over a tail light.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:49 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,585,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Are you really still repeating the lie about the broken tail light?
Read more carefully and then get back to me.

Thanks!

Old 07-08-2016, 09:55 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Yes, we care that some children don't have enough food to eat. That's why we take donations to our church that sends it to the school to put in the free back packs children are provided.

Yes we care that people live in homes that are substandard, that is why we give donations to our local organization that has volunteers who freely fix the homes of those that cannot afford it.

Yes we care that some people don't have food at their homes or are homeless and need a place to eat therefore we have a local soup kitchen that serves real nutritional meals.

Then there is the camp for children who have childhood illnesses.

It is easy to complain but every once in a while it would be nice to hear someone say thank you.

I want to thank every person who goes out every work day and protects us from so many other thankless people who seem bent on causing trouble for them.

For all those people demonstrating against the police, stop for a minute, write a letter to your representative, then use your energy to do something worthwhile for someone except yourself.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:08 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Yes, we care that some children don't have enough food to eat. That's why we take donations to our church that sends it to the school to put in the free back packs children are provided.

Yes we care that people live in homes that are substandard, that is why we give donations to our local organization that has volunteers who freely fix the homes of those that cannot afford it.

Yes we care that some people don't have food at their homes or are homeless and need a place to eat therefore we have a local soup kitchen that serves real nutritional meals.

Then there is the camp for children who have childhood illnesses.

It is easy to complain but every once in a while it would be nice to hear someone say thank you.

I want to thank every person who goes out every work day and protects us from so many other thankless people who seem bent on causing trouble for them.

For all those people demonstrating against the police, stop for a minute, write a letter to your representative, then use your energy to do something worthwhile for someone except yourself.
If you're a Christian, you do good deeds because you want to, not because you want to get thanked for it.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:20 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
We don't know what happened before the passenger started filming. She says they were pulled over for a broken taillight. She said they had weed in the car. She said the driver told the cop he had a licensed carry weapon but that he was reaching for his wallet.

Somebody was shot. It was not because of weed. It was not because of a broken taillight. I wish the Police in that city had body-cams.
By ALL accounts Philando Castile was a model American citizen. ****, he even owned a CCW. He was employed by the same school for over a decade. People have described him as kind, sweet, quiet and a nice person. Laid back too. I have a very hard time believing someone like that is going to do something that requires remediation by death.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:23 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
They don't. That's why they continue supporting a ravaging police state.
I couldn't agree more.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:27 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,526,926 times
I'm white. I've been stopped by cops a handful of times, and even though I'm a white female, I turn on my interior light as soon as I stop, put the car in park, do drovers eindow dn,keep my hands on the steering wheel in a 20/2 position so they can see them. When they get up to car, I leave my hands there and greet them. When they ask for lic and registration, I tell them they are in my purse, and may I get them. I say yes sir/maam.
I don't give them any reason to fear me, and make it easy for them to know what I am doing at all times. And I'M A WHITE FEMALE.
I can pretty much guarantee that I will not be shot by a cop. Not because I am white, but because of my actions.
Pretty much every shooting is due to resisting arrest, not being clear about what you are doing before you do it, and keeping your hands in plain sight. If you resist atrest, you greatly increase your chance of being shot. I've traveled regularly with a gun in my car, when I was commuting an hr and a half daily across desert rds. When I would get stopped, I'd do all of the above, but almost the first words put of my mouth after saying good evening officer, we're " I want you to know that I have a gun on my passenger seat." So they knew where it was. If they had suddenly seen it, they could become on edge. Not a good position to have a cop be in.
The 2 recent shootings don't look good for the cops based on the video, but I don't know what happened before the shootings. But I can pretty much guarantee that if you make a cop fear for his life, you risk getting shot. Regardless of race.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:39 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,914,013 times
No a lot of them don't but get mad And upset when blacks speak out on police brutality against African American people. They don't even care when there own people get killed by police while being unarmed. So why would they care about us.

As matter of fact where were the All Lives matter people at when. Zachary Hammond a white 19 year old who was gunned down by police last year. Who bought it too the attention to the public . Some people from BLM ... The other problem is some don't care because it doesn't directly effect them and there family. If it does happen to there family maybe then they will get a clue

Last edited by Staysean23; 07-08-2016 at 11:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies