Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 07:12 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The government has neglected my housing needs. I had to buy a house myself. To add insult to injury I had to have it reroofed this year without the government giving me one damn cent.
The injustice of it all. I say lets go wreck a neighbour hood.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:17 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,984,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Bob, in Kansas city they once tried throwing vast sums of money at this problem....

Funding education is important but the primary reason middle class students excel is because their parents have taken an active role in their education. Most of the young relatives I have know how to add, subtract and do basic reading before they set a foot into a school. Not only does this help their kids but it helps others because the teachers have more time to spend on slower learners. There is lot of success stories you will hear about in the ghetto but inevitably behind that story is someone that took an interest in that child whether it was their parent, Grandparent or whoever.

Until you change the home environment these kids grow up in you are going to accomplish nothing. Those changes need to come from within the black community, whitey has already done enough damage trying to help.
Desegregation has never done anyone any good.
Blacks being bused out to white schools was never the answer.
That was snot what the black people needed, or wanted.
They wanted those schools in their own areas, and it should have been that way from day one.

As for family education, how do you tell a 15 year old black girl not to fool around and get pregnant, because her 16 year old boyfriend won't be around to support her or the baby, when her mother dd the same thing when she was 15?
It is a vicious circle, with no parenting intervention from the gitgo.
It has spawned generations of uneducated offspring.
Parents are uneducated,so how are they to set an example for their kids.

I would bet the farm, there are programs with in the federal, state, and local governments aimed at(white) areas where community programs are available to uneducated people to help them out of poverty, and family counseling to help them raise productive children.
I would also bet none of these things exist within the black community.
If they can be up and running in white and hispanic communities, surely they could be in black communities, but they are not.
What these government programs are telling the blacks is, "you come to our community development facilities, and family counseling centers, and our lilly white employees will help you get on your feet"
Why have these centers available to the rest of us not been created within the black communities.?

Blacks need these resources with in their own districts.

Face it, blacks have no where to turn, and we whites wonder why they are destructive.

Have you never felt that sometimes you are at the end of your rope?
Now you know how the blacks feel, only difference is they feel it every day of their lives.

In the rare instance they try and organize to make their lives better, they are called racist.
Whites want to bury their heads in the sand, and pretend there is no problem, that if there is, let the blacks handle it themselves, after all, it's their problem.
What whites fail to understand is, the problem is their's as well as the blacks, and I fear if something isn't forthcoming to change the system, all hell is going to break out.
Dallas was an eye opener, and people better pay attention.

Bob.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:36 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,638,098 times
The BLM protesters are going about everything totally wrong. All the blacks are doing now is setting back their causes by 100's of years. Everything these protesters do is negative, there is nothing positive about the way they are going about.
The prison ratio is over 65% blacks and why is that, criminal activity, another negative. All we here is protests, complain complain, yet they do not even try to remedy their problems. Get off of welfare, stop having loads of kids and taking advantage of the welfare freebies, get or create jobs, quit gangbanging, quit being criminals and help your neighbors rise to the level of other races that are doing positive things.
People are not going to support the blacks if they aren't willing to support themselves. They need to turn around the negative's into positives and quit complaining.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:47 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Black lives matter was founded due to police brutality of blacks.
Stuff like this has been going on for years, long before BLM.

One has to look beyond recent events to get a grasp on what the hell is going on in our cities and towns concerning blacks, and those that really don't like them, and there are many who fit that catigory, even if they won'tr admit it.
The well off whites couldn't care less what happens to blacks, and there-in lies a big part of the problem

For years and years, blacks have been held down by whites, in education, housing, employment, and opportunity.
Don't think so?
Take a look at the black communities in this country and get a first hand look at the results of neglect.
Neglect in proper housing, schools, public services etc.

Blacks, not all, have this notion dating back to the days of slavery, that America owes them something, while the whites say that was over two hundred years ago, we owe you nothing, and nothing is what the blacks are getting, and that is absolutely wrong.

Blacks don't want reparations, they want and need help.
They want the same schools that whites enjoy, they want the same highly skilled teachers teaching their kids, they want public services in their communities, the same as in the white communities.
These things are available in the white communities, so why not the black?

Why should the color of their skin determine their fate?
Most blacks are citizens of this country, and ought to be treated like the rest of the citizenry are treated.
Why in the black communities are there no opportunities offered as in white communities?
Why are there no community colleges in black communities?.
Why no startup and small business in black communities?
The why's list could go on and on.
Shamefully, the answer to these and many other why's is all the same, plain and simple, those in a position to offer help and opportunity to the black community, have turned a blind eye to the black community.

Many businesses, big and small in white communities got a start with government funding, as well as their blessing.
What is it about the black communities that puts a wall between them and those that should be helping?

Perhaps this coming from a white person may seem strange to some of you, but understand, blacks deserve the same opportunity as everyone else, and sadly is hasn't been forthcoming, and as a result, instead of peaceful co-existence, we now have civil unrest, bodering on race war.

In this day and age, that is just not acceptable.
Most blacks don't want handouts, they just want the same opportunities afforded the rest of the population.

Sadly, I believe many in law enforcement look at the black populations as something lower than the rest of us, and that is unacceptable.
The unrest in the black communities is nothing new, it has been going on for years.
When is the rest of the country going to realize these people need, and want help?
When will the rest of the population realize the same things they enjoy and take for granted, are sadly missing in the black community?
They need community development, schools and colleges, unbiased law enforcement also.
I believe the white population is mostly to blame for the unrest in the black communities across this country, and they better damm well understand that unless the problems within the black communities are addressed, all hell is going to break out, and soon.

Blacks have been neglected for far to long.

Why even here in LosAngeles, and I think it fair to say, many other cities in this country, illegal aliens are treated better, and given more opportunity than the blacks in this country.
I believe we have our priorities a bit misguided.

Bob.
My parents came to this country with literally nothing. No money, no community, no history, no connections, and no coveted white skin. They built themselves into successes. I can cite many others with the same story.

Something my mother has wondered is how it is a group of people (black people) who have been here hundreds of years, who have family, who have established ties, who speak English, etc, can't seem to get their sh** together.

The whites have been no less racist and disrespectful to people like my parents.

No one denies racism is alive and well, but it's not the excuse for everything.

So the question remains...why?

Old 07-09-2016, 09:52 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times
Quote:
Why even here in LosAngeles, and I think it fair to say, many other cities in this country, illegal aliens are treated better, and given more opportunity than the blacks in this country.

Bob.
I agree with most of your post. The only thing I would say is that, in large parts of LA, blacks are treated fairly equal to whites. My best friend when I first moved to LA was a black woman. We went to all kinds of places and had a great time. It seems like there is more acceptance of blacks in Los Angeles than in a lot of places in the USA.

I've only worked for one person who was a racist (I wanted to hire a black woman and was told that wasn't allowed, based strictly on her color). That really threw me but, I guess those people still exist, which is sad. They are definitely a minority in LA.

Other than that, I've had black friends, black neighbors, black coworkers, and I was even friends with a black cop. You can find blacks in every profession and lifestyle around here. LA isn't so bad. That's not to say that it can't get even better, but it's not so bad.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:14 PM

21,146 posts, read 19,729,843 times
Who gave white people all of these wonderful things that you think should be given to black people?

Old 07-09-2016, 10:16 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
My parents came to this country with literally nothing. No money, no community, no history, no connections, and no coveted white skin. They built themselves into successes. I can cite many others with the same story.

Something my mother has wondered is how it is a group of people (black people) who have been here hundreds of years, who have family, who have established ties, who speak English, etc, can't seem to get their sh** together.

The whites have been no less racist and disrespectful to people like my parents.

No one denies racism is alive and well, but it's not the excuse for everything.

So the question remains...why?
Up until the civil rights movement, blacks may have been "free" but they weren't afforded a lot of the rights they have now. In the South, they still had segregation and housing covenants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial..._United_States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desegregation

Old 07-09-2016, 10:30 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Black lives matter was founded due to police brutality of blacks.
Stuff like this has been going on for years, long before BLM.

One has to look beyond recent events to get a grasp on what the hell is going on in our cities and towns concerning blacks, and those that really don't like them, and there are many who fit that catigory, even if they won'tr admit it.
The well off whites couldn't care less what happens to blacks, and there-in lies a big part of the problem

For years and years, blacks have been held down by whites, in education, housing, employment, and opportunity.
Don't think so?
Take a look at the black communities in this country and get a first hand look at the results of neglect.
Neglect in proper housing, schools, public services etc.

Blacks, not all, have this notion dating back to the days of slavery, that America owes them something, while the whites say that was over two hundred years ago, we owe you nothing, and nothing is what the blacks are getting, and that is absolutely wrong.

Blacks don't want reparations, they want and need help.
They want the same schools that whites enjoy, they want the same highly skilled teachers teaching their kids, they want public services in their communities, the same as in the white communities.
These things are available in the white communities, so why not the black?

Why should the color of their skin determine their fate?
Most blacks are citizens of this country, and ought to be treated like the rest of the citizenry are treated.
Why in the black communities are there no opportunities offered as in white communities?
Why are there no community colleges in black communities?.
Why no startup and small business in black communities?
The why's list could go on and on.
Shamefully, the answer to these and many other why's is all the same, plain and simple, those in a position to offer help and opportunity to the black community, have turned a blind eye to the black community.

Many businesses, big and small in white communities got a start with government funding, as well as their blessing.
What is it about the black communities that puts a wall between them and those that should be helping?

Perhaps this coming from a white person may seem strange to some of you, but understand, blacks deserve the same opportunity as everyone else, and sadly is hasn't been forthcoming, and as a result, instead of peaceful co-existence, we now have civil unrest, bodering on race war.

In this day and age, that is just not acceptable.
Most blacks don't want handouts, they just want the same opportunities afforded the rest of the population.

Sadly, I believe many in law enforcement look at the black populations as something lower than the rest of us, and that is unacceptable.
The unrest in the black communities is nothing new, it has been going on for years.
When is the rest of the country going to realize these people need, and want help?
When will the rest of the population realize the same things they enjoy and take for granted, are sadly missing in the black community?
They need community development, schools and colleges, unbiased law enforcement also.
I believe the white population is mostly to blame for the unrest in the black communities across this country, and they better damm well understand that unless the problems within the black communities are addressed, all hell is going to break out, and soon.

Blacks have been neglected for far to long.

Bob.
I agree with many of your comments but this one concerns me. Let me ask you...why when blacks protest do they set fire and loot such as in Baltimore. How are whites to blame for that. And why in the world is there so much violence with blacks killing each other. Again how are whites to blame. How many people have come to this country to have a better life and made it work. In my community Asians own all the cleaners and nail salons. And most have limited English.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:31 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
The African-American population was oppressed for over 350 years under slavery and Jim Crow. It's going to take that amount of time and perhaps more for the population to recover.

People who think that the issues caused by such extreme oppression are going to disappear in less than 100 years are foolish and lack common sense.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:35 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
This OP is full of typical liberal white guilt.

I get some of the points and some are on point but a lot of the OP is just silly and full of hyper-liberal nonsense. What the hell ever happened to controlling one's own destiny, or is everything in our lives the responsibility of others??? Need a serious stroking it icon right about now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies