Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 01:43 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Again, what matters is the intention behind it, the purpose. A lot of people die of food poisoning every year. But that is not the intention of food, which is why it is OK. It is all about intention. Guns are DESIGNED to kill, that is their purpose. And they are pretty much alone in that respect.
O.K., I'll play your game, prove that guns ONLY reason for being is to kill......

There are millions and millions of people who shoot nothing but paper and clay targets...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 01:45 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I've asked this question as well and the only response is: People drown in pools so we should ban pools etc... So, don't hold your breath cuz you will never get a straight answer.
Maybe you can help your buddy out and provide a reference to when the only purpose of a gun is to kill, I'll wait.....and no I won't hold my breath for your answer....

Old 07-16-2016, 01:47 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I think we need to ban recliners. They cause people to be lazy and to sit on their ass too much.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:02 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
O.K., I'll play your game, prove that guns ONLY reason for being is to kill......

There are millions and millions of people who shoot nothing but paper and clay targets...
Those people are abusing guns, because guns have been invented for killing. Nor can anyone rule out that those very same people kill someone with their silly hobby. Accidents like that happen all the time because that's when the real purpose of guns reemerges.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:08 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,731 times
Last time I checked, a truck has a legitimate non-violent civilian purpose as private and commercial transportation, the delivery of goods, etc. If you banned trucking the economy would collapse overnight. If you banned assault rifles nothing will happen, except terrorists who are intent on mass violence won't be able to obtain their weapon of choice very easily if at all.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:21 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Last time I checked, a truck has a legitimate non-violent civilian purpose as private and commercial transportation, the delivery of goods, etc. If you banned trucking the economy would collapse overnight. If you banned assault rifles nothing will happen, except terrorists who are intent on mass violence won't be able to obtain their weapon of choice very easily if at all.
So does firearm. Virtually nobody except for military and police are legally buying guns to kill people. We have more than 300 million guns in US if a large portion of us bought them to kill, we wouldn't have many left.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:27 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
I know this thread is meant to be satirical, but let's seriously connect the green movement to this. If vehicles were slower, more people could avoid it. There is no reason for any car or truck to go faster than idling speed. Think of the fuel savings alone. Slower vehicles, less energy required to move them. For electric vehicles, longer battery life.

Everyone should just go to the truck.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:44 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
So does firearm. Virtually nobody except for military and police are legally buying guns to kill people. We have more than 300 million guns in US if a large portion of us bought them to kill, we wouldn't have many left.

LOL sounds like what a paranoid gun nut would say. No one is calling for banning firearms sport, just assault rifles. If you have such morbid fascination with these weapons of war than join the army, or go to the gun range where they have them available for rent and you can pretend you're Rambo for a while.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:51 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Maybe you can help your buddy out and provide a reference to when the only purpose of a gun is to kill, I'll wait.....and no I won't hold my breath for your answer....
One can maim another with a gun, one can paralyze another so maybe your point is the guns, although built to kill, they don't always. But, the point stays the same. They are manufactured and designed to kill. Period. Unless you feel they are designed to tickle?

Old 07-16-2016, 03:04 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
LOL sounds like what a paranoid gun nut would say. No one is calling for banning firearms sport, just assault rifles. If you have such morbid fascination with these weapons of war than join the army, or go to the gun range where they have them available for rent and you can pretend you're Rambo for a while.
Assault rifles have already beenbanned for over half century. Only available to the rich who can afford them. Where have you been?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies