Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 09:35 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
It doesn't matter what he says or does, you're going to not listen or trust him regardless.
Here's the difference Max, smart people don't trust "any" politician and that is why our founding fathers expected the media to act as a watchdog. Wikileaks was founded on this very principle, if the media won't hold government accountable then an outsider is needed. Now all we got is a media who gets tingles up their legs when Obama speaks. Think about that.

And I certainly would never trust Hillary.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:37 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Rehearsed, scripted speeches.... telling us how great their candidate is, demonizing opponents, send the little people into a frenzy, and the little people become part of the made for TV show.

Yep it's all a script that must be played to make people think their voice matters. In Bernie's case it didn't, what makes you think your voice counts now? You don't like my pointing out how foolish it all is especially when we know that she couldn't win without help from D Wassermann and the media?

When's the last time Hillary allowed an unfriendly media to ask her spontaneous, unscripted questions and be force to answer not from a teleprompter but spontaneously. That's when I'll give her credit, not when reading from a teleprompter. Look, if you need someone to worship at their alter, you need a life.
Serious politicians, ones who know the extraordinary power of their words, are very careful to vet their speeches ahead of time. Even supposedly extemporaneous responses in Town Halls are practiced over and over again. The stakes are too high to speak completely off-the-cuff. Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State and often worked with hostile political leaders. She knows just how dangerous it is to go off-script when one phrase or even a single word will be pulled out for dissection by the raging hordes and egged on by media commentators.

Last edited by randomparent; 07-28-2016 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: Stupid auto-correct

Old 07-28-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Yes, mostly uneducated conservatives. You're the only one saying people expected for Obama to get his way on everything.. You're either being disingenuous or obtuse..
Oh yea 7+ years hearing democrats screaming about "obstructionism" and now your going to deny it.

You claim you want change then you support Hillary, what a hoot. The presses must have been going all night long before the DNC's 2nd ostrich convention, notice how the campaign all of a sudden came out with Change maker signs to peddle what you wanted to hear.

ostrich convention: Bill should have bragged that while median family income is flat at around $50,000, Hillary has been able to use her public service to get over $250,000 for less than one hour speeches

Old 07-28-2016, 09:46 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Oh yea 7+ years hearing democrats screaming about "obstructionism" and now your going to deny it.

You claim you want change then you support Hillary, what a hoot. The presses must have been going all night long before the DNC's second ostrich convention, notice how the campaign all of a sudden came out with Change maker signs to peddle what you wanted to hear.
I'm not denying there was obstruction. What I'm denying is your definition of obstructionism. You seem to have a comprehension problem today...

Old 07-28-2016, 09:49 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
I watch a lot of the history channel and many times they talk about how Hitler. One thing they talk about is how Hitler would start his speech off slower then go into a frenzy. I hear Obama talking on TV downstairs and he reminded me of the Hitler frenzy style of giving a speech.

hmm I wonder if Hitlers supporters got a tingle up their leg too.
Solid political speeches have relied on this strategy since radio and especially television.

Both parties rely on this strategy. Some execute better than others.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Serious politicians, ones who know the extraordinary power of their words, are very careful to vet their speeches ahead of time. Even supposedly extemporaneous responses in Town Halls are practiced over and over again. They stakes are too high to speak completely off-the-cuff. Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State and often worked with hostile political leaders. She knows just how dangerous it is to go off-script when one phrase or even a single word will be pulled out for dissection by the raging hordes and egged on by media commentators.
The media is friendly to Hillary, the questions won't be too hard.

Second, when running for office she should be asked questions that the American people want answers to. Unfortunately the people prefer scripted language meant to sell you on voting for her, not based on questions truthfully answered but based on a bunch of people blowing smoke up our asses.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Solid political speeches have relied on this strategy since radio and especially television.

Both parties rely on this strategy. Some execute better than others.
Oh I get that, which is why a bunch of elitist with scripted speech blowing smoke up our asses doesn't work for me. I'd rather them have the guts enough to get before the media, the people who are "free" to ask serious questions. Interviews don't do it either. I was a Cruz supporter until he started sounding more like a preacher. I have more respect for Trump who is willing to do news releases faced with unfriendly media. Hillary?

When is the last time Hillary did that? Does she really need so much coddling? Doesn't anyone want the truth from Hillary or do they prefer smoke blown up their asses?

Old 07-28-2016, 11:56 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama's 'great orator' reputation is a creation of the media propaganda machine.

Never before has someone deemed a great orator, been such a poor communicator. No one knows what even the simplest words mean, when obama speaks them.

Obama can't convince anyone of anything, except for his admirers who don't need to listen to his words to be swayed.

Isn't the ability to convince an audience critical be being a great orator?

The content of his speeches are composed of lies and misleading information as he does his best to divide the nation along every crease possible.

Being a great orator is now independant of content delivered. Just judged on sounds and inflection.
Hmmm...
Since any politician's words are all they have, then why did Barack Obama never lose an election?

Common sense says not everyone who ever came and listened to him agreed with everything he ever said. But he must be a pretty good communicator to have a perfect win record from beginning to end.

And he must be pretty good at convincing people, too. Mighty few presidents have no perfect winning record. Almost all of them lost at least once, sometime, in some earlier election.

How does one become an admirer of someone they don't know? How can you be swayed by someone you don't even know exists?

Old 07-28-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Hmmm...
Since any politician's words are all they have, then why did Barack Obama never lose an election?

Common sense says not everyone who ever came and listened to him agreed with everything he ever said. But he must be a pretty good communicator to have a perfect win record from beginning to end.

And he must be pretty good at convincing people, too. Mighty few presidents have no perfect winning record. Almost all of them lost at least once, sometime, in some earlier election.

How does one become an admirer of someone they don't know? How can you be swayed by someone you don't even know exists?
Did you read or comprehend anything? Whew, it's no damn wonder this country is in trouble. After how many pages in the thread and classroom that should have taught you this stuff, ... listen up.

If the media is corrupt they can make anyone look like a god to people who are easily manipulated. The media is controlling the national dialogue, few of whom serve the interests of the country or tell the American people the truth.

I seriously can't believe that people don't understand this. I'll bet you believe you are much smarter than the highly educated German people right?

Old 07-28-2016, 02:34 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
was it just Hitlers speeches you watched or did you watch any other great speeches from history?
If you did, what did you notice?

If its only Hitlers speeches you watch.....
Marcus Anthony was a con man.

Still, the dregs needed to be conned down..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies