Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 03:17 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
If you stand by a state that actually tries to secede, you may be guilty of treason and I was sure you would remain loyal to the United States of America.
Where one man sees a traitor another may see a patriot. My loyalty IS to the United States of America, not to the beauracracy in DC. And if the latter were to attempt to pervert the Constitution to suit their desire for more power, I would feel it my duty to oppose them, as a citizen of the United States of America. If opposing such a would be dictatorship required I serve under a coalition of states in rebellion against the repression of our Constitution and our freedoms, I would proudly do so. If that be treason, then the definition has changed since last I checked. Hypothetically speaking...of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 03:34 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,069,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Where one man sees a traitor another may see a patriot. My loyalty IS to the United States of America, not to the beauracracy in DC. And if the latter were to attempt to pervert the Constitution to suit their desire for more power, I would feel it my duty to oppose them, as a citizen of the United States of America. If opposing such a would be dictatorship required I serve under a coalition of states in rebellion against the repression of our Constitution and our freedoms, I would proudly do so. If that be treason, then the definition has changed since last I checked. Hypothetically speaking...of course.
Nope still a crime defined in the Constitution.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Nope still a crime defined in the Constitution.
Then you can take your own oath to defend the DC heiarchy and live as a subject under whomever happens to be at the White House. You really should examine the history of this nation a bit closer. Our loyalty , as citizens, is contingent upon the federal government minding it's place. Much as I hate to cite Lincoln 'Of the People, by the People and for the People' does have a ring to it. I would like to see what 'crime' it is you are citing that makes it illegal to oppose an instituting of dictatorial rule by the Federal government. Could you show me chapter and verse please? The 2nd ammendment IS in there for a reason.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:04 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,999,247 times
Folks, folks, folks. Relax...no one wants to take away your guns.

Take a deep breath, and relax. There...doesn't that feel better?

Old 04-15-2009, 04:14 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,167,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
Texas is now on the move as well. They are starting a house bill in Texas to reaffirm the 10th amendment. The big boys are waking up down south, and others will follow.

(HCR) 50 in

Office of the Governor Rick Perry - Gov. Perry Backs Resolution Affirming Texas’ Sovereignty Under 10th Amendment
Now that's a fascinating document. Printed out a copy to take to tonight's "Tea Party" (being it's at the local state senator's office) and will be sending a copy to my uncle in Montana, who spent many years in the MT legislature.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:15 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
Except for the Affirmative Action President and the anti-American Congress. They have already said as much.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:18 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,167,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Lol, still, just a hypothetical. And if I actually have to stand on one side of the fence or the other , I'm picking Montana. If things ever do get that ugly, I'll stay with the big sky folks.
And we'll be glad to have you... tho I think we'll let California have Reno and Las Vegas.

Hey, do you ever go to the cowboy poetry festival in Elko?

See, that's still real ranch country... just like MT

Old 04-15-2009, 04:19 PM

And this whole flap goes a bit deeper than JUST the 2nd ammendment. Folks who feel the latter threatened are feeling threatened by the prospect of a Federal government takeover. A complete suspension of the Constitution as we know it. All for our own good, of course. The prospect is rather unpalatable.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:32 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
If you stand by a state that actually tries to secede, you may be guilty of treason and I was sure you would remain loyal to the United States of America.

please read the oath of the united States of America that politicians are supposed to uphold. that oath includes supporting and defending the Constitution of the USA, not defile it as they have already.

also, if you go by our last civil war, those that lived in the south were not tried for treason, as once they were seceded and no longer in the union and could not be tried for treason since they were no longer citizens of the USA.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:33 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post

Take a deep breath, and relax. There...doesn't that feel better?

tell that to the politicians of washington dc, and our anti-gun president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies