Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 08:19 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
If you move to Bora Bora are you supposed to don a Grass Skirt, a ceremonial tattoo and learn to Hula Dance? Will you give up Christianity and watching football or baseball ? Will you start eating fermented taro root ?

No you wouldn't/shouldn't - and that is what the mayor means.

No, but I would be prepared to accept and live gracefully with all of it. I would not sexually harass women in grass skirts, would not demand to be given all the taro I can eat for free, nor plant bombs at their Hula events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 08:20 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,278,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Based on your reasoning, numerous other nations should have been taken over by Muslims by now. Wonder why that hasn't occurred...
I'd argue that is just what we're seeing to some extent. It's a long-term process, not a sudden, violent seizure.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:21 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Based on your reasoning, numerous other nations should have been taken over by Muslims by now. Wonder why that hasn't occurred...
I don't mean to be difficult here, but I am honestly curious, what is your definition of "taken over".

Three attacked in one weekend, do you think it is FAIR for ANY countries to get used to this kind of "new normal"?

The threat is not about to diminish. Some would-be terrorists will be recruited locally. Thousands of men and women have left Europe for IS’s self-styled caliphate in Syria and Iraq, where they have received training and indoctrination. Libya is seething. Al-Qaeda and IS are competing to prove their jihadist credentials. The near-certainty is of more attacks in more cities.

How should governments respond?

There is no doubt in my mind that many will dread the stuggle ahead and regret the never-ending contest between security and liberty. But as long as jihadists threaten the West, there is no escaping the need to act.

Otherwise, Welcome to the new normal.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:29 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitariuslupus View Post
This goes to prove that Londoners are collectively the dumbest people on the planet. They have elected a person who would love to change the very way of life that people are fleeing to.Stupid Europe.
I read an article online and I found it to be quite interesting.

It says that The most important issue in London is housing. Zac Goldsmith comes from a very privileged background, he doesn't even have a degree, because he could rely on his rich contacts to get plum jobs.

Zac Goldsmith does not believe in affordable housing, the minimal wage, and has voted against a tax on bankers bonuses.

This Muslim Mayor came from very humble background, so the London people thought he would do more for them. Plus, London demographics is very different from UK as well. It is like a mini UN. Plus, London has a very YUGE muslim population, which is probably one factor too.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:31 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,871,502 times
For multiculturalism to work, everyone needs to practice passive tolerance.

Passive tolerance is basically "I'm different from you and you are different from me. Let's agree not to kill, assault, or be dicks to each other." Live and let live.

However, some cultures are explicitly supremacist. A good portion of schools of Islam and Muslims are downright supremacist and not only clash with the host culture, but also with other groups. There have been violent clashes in Europe between Muslims and Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs, Muslims and Jews, Muslims and black Africans, and so on. But not so much between Sikhs and Jews or between Hindus and black Africans.

I don't mind Multiculturalism, but it is not compatible with every culture nor Identity Politics. If you come as an immigrant and your outlook is how your new country owes you something, then you are not compatible with Multiculturalism.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:32 AM

29,538 posts, read 19,632,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
On trip to US, while campaigning for Hillary Clinton, London's Muslim Mayor Sadiq Khan says "Immigrants Shouldn't Have to Assimilate".
On Trip to US, London Mayor Says Immigrants Shouldn't Have to Assimilate

Leftists encourage creating nation states within nation states.

As a first-generation immigrant to the US myself, I reject this idea of non-assimilation encouraged by the Islamophilic Democrats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHvDy_X_hDM
As an immigrant I too reject the idea, that immigrants should not assimilate. To assimilate doesn't mean to forget who you are or where you come from. It means to adopt your new country's traditions. Nothing wrong with that!

Old 09-19-2016, 09:35 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Dear Mr. Muslim mayor of London...I have a place where you can put it.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:35 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
No one here has realized, the Devil is on the doorstep about to knock the door down.
There is a demon among us.

What are you going to do?

Finally! Trump said Obama is Stupid!! And he has been about Muslim immigrants. The Devil wears a Hibjab.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:36 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,935,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
On trip to US, while campaigning for Hillary Clinton, London's Muslim Mayor Sadiq Khan says "Immigrants Shouldn't Have to Assimilate".
On Trip to US, London Mayor Says Immigrants Shouldn't Have to Assimilate

Leftists encourage creating nation states within nation states.

As a first-generation immigrant to the US myself, I reject this idea of non-assimilation encouraged by the Islamophilic Democrats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHvDy_X_hDM

And what is the difference between that and you US right wing extremists promoting secession? Texas?

Old 09-19-2016, 09:37 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,935,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No one here has realized, the Devil is on the doorstep about to knock the door down.
There is a demon among us.

What are you going to do?

Do what your heart truly believes and work to have your state secede from the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies