Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2017, 06:58 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,226,797 times

Advertisements

In everyone of those failed relationships who was the common denominator?

Old 06-24-2017, 07:39 AM

Most black people work for someone else. You can't build any real wealth or leave any real legacy by working for someone else. There aren't enough of us involved in investing. We don't have enough business owners in our communities. Part of that I believe is a fear of failure. It can also be a lack of funds. A separatist mentality could also be an issue.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:18 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
In everyone of those failed relationships who was the common denominator?
Relations doesn't mean relationship. It takes 2 people to make a child. You want to blame the women alone when she alone cannot reproduce. These men with deposit their seed anywhere and then other men encourage it. In the end, they - like you - all blame the women only and it is the innocent children that suffer. The cycle then continues.

Again, then you wonder why parents of other backgrounds don't want their daughters dating black boys/men. Funny, when black women have children with other groups, they are usually married. Women by nature respect and submit to man who understands his role and strives to do better daily.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:39 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
One of the saddest parts of this thread discussion is the lack of accountability on the part of black men. It really is disheartening that the response to any post which is a critique of benevolent intent is followed by "but black women do this.....but black women do that....." Instead of any type of acknowledgement or ideas for improvement, the standard response is to blame black women or to simply remain silent.

As a black woman, I have changed. My eyes are WIDE OPEN now. I used to think that nearly all black men were like my amazing father and the other black men in my life (grandfathers, uncles, older cousins, friends of the family, etc.); the black men of earlier generations. But I was wrong. I was lulled into a false sense of reality based on the cocoon of being raised black middle/upper middle class.

While there have been instances and inklings throughout the years, I never realized just how much a lot of black men truly HATE black women until the rise of social media. I weep for black girls and young black women whose formative years are FILLED black male hatred spewed at them from Instagram, Twitter, SnapChat, Facebook, YouTube, memes, and a galaxy of black male celebrities who weekly make pronouncements about how much they don't like black women.

There is an entire industry and entire platforms have been built on social media by black men who make a living to do nothing but degrade black women. These black men do not talk about wealth building, disease prevention, healthy eating, physical fitness, higher education, community improvement or crime reduction. No, these men literally built social media platforms to do NOTHING but trash black women. And these black men on social media have hundreds of thousands of followers. Its disgusting. I truly never realized the depths of hatred that black men have for black women. No other man on the planet does this but black American men.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:15 AM

Unfortunately many BM do hate BW. I'm not like that so why do I have to be lumped in that category? Also, I can't control every BM on the planet. I can't be inside their heads controlling their every move.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:28 PM

28,679 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
How can black men not be the problem if the women is still single? That means 5 black men have no problem depositing their seed somewhere and not marrying the woman. She is a problem but she is 1 woman. Meanwhile you have 5 black men involved in the mess. It isn't just black women either, black men do this with other women as well. And then you wonder why parents of other backgrounds don't want their daughters dating black boys/men? There was an article years back that called "Once you go black, you become a single mother." It was removed because it angered many. However, in the vast majority of cases, it's true.

In an independent study on the Social Science Research Network “Examining the Birth Trends, Family Structure, Economic Standing, Paternal Relationships, and Emotional Stability of Biracial Children with African American Fathers,” Tiffany Calloway, B.S. J.M, claimed “92% of biracial children with African American fathers are born out of wedlock and 82% end up on government assistance.”

Study Claims 92% of Biracial Children with Black Dads are Born out of Wedlock
There seems to be a presumption that in all these cases the black men "hit it and quit it." What, did they promise the women that they'd marry them and then renege on the marriage? Were they wearing ruptured condoms so the woman would not use birth control?

I know several of those cases personally, and in every case it's the woman who did not and does not want to be married from the very beginning of the relationship. This has been true of both young black women and young white women, but I'd say it's much more often true of young white women wanting the child but not the man.

I've had a couple of black woman tell me point blank, "I can take care of my own child, I don't need a husband." If a woman intends to get pregnant without being married--and it certainly appears to me that's the current trend--it's silly to pretend there will ever be a world in which they won't find a man who will have sex with them.

Last edited by Ralph_Kirk; 06-24-2017 at 07:01 PM..

Old 06-24-2017, 06:59 PM

28,679 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Unfortunately many BM do hate BW. I'm not like that so why do I have to be lumped in that category? Also, I can't control every BM on the planet. I can't be inside their heads controlling their every move.
I said that a few posts ago. I'm not willing to cry mea culpa when it's not my culpa.

As I said earlier, quoting a mentor, "It's better to fix the problem than to fix the blame."

Some people can't seem to get past needing to fix blame.

But those who are to blame aren't on this thread and aren't ever going to accept it anyway.

And those who are not to blame are not going to accept it either.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:54 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
How can black men not be the problem if the women is still single? That means 5 black men have no problem depositing their seed somewhere and not marrying the woman. She is a problem but she is 1 woman. Meanwhile you have 5 black men involved in the mess. It isn't just black women either, black men do this with other women as well. And then you wonder why parents of other backgrounds don't want their daughters dating black boys/men? There was an article years back that called "Once you go black, you become a single mother." It was removed because it angered many. However, in the vast majority of cases, it's true.

In an independent study on the Social Science Research Network “Examining the Birth Trends, Family Structure, Economic Standing, Paternal Relationships, and Emotional Stability of Biracial Children with African American Fathers,” Tiffany Calloway, B.S. J.M, claimed “92% of biracial children with African American fathers are born out of wedlock and 82% end up on government assistance.”

Study Claims 92% of Biracial Children with Black Dads are Born out of Wedlock
No one is saying Black men have no role in this. However, the females share a role too. Ever consider that a lot of women pick crappy men? Did the study take into account whether or not those women picked good Black men or thuggish, nutty Black men?

Old 06-24-2017, 08:03 PM

I believe that there is quite a bit of self hatred that many BM have but are too proud to admit it. Because of pride they shift their self hate to BW, the easiest target. That said, every BM isn't the enemy. I have no problem admitting that there are many deadbeat BM, I've seen them. I even know some. That being said, I'm not going to bow down and say "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy". If that is what you are looking for, you are going to have to look elsewhere.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No one is saying Black men have no role in this. However, the females share a role too. Ever consider that a lot of women pick crappy men? Did the study take into account whether or not those women picked good Black men or thuggish, nutty Black men?
Furthermore more, how much of a sample was actually done in this study? What region? I even read somewhere that this particular study was funded by.....wait for it.......STORMFRONT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies