Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2017, 08:45 PM

72,980 posts, read 62,563,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Furthermore more, how much of a sample was actually done in this study? What region? I even read somewhere that this particular study was funded by.....wait for it.......STORMFRONT.
Basically the case. This was a nutty study from the get go. This is normally only used by those who hate Black men.

And there is one more factor that is never considered. WHO is the father? Many women raisin children alone don't know who the father is. Many cases, the women have slept with multiple men. Watch an episode of the Maury Show.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:54 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,524,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No one is saying Black men have no role in this. However, the females share a role too. Ever consider that a lot of women pick crappy men? Did the study take into account whether or not those women picked good Black men or thuggish, nutty Black men?

Please stop. This is becoming even more embarrassing.

White women, Hispanic women and Asian women are having children mostly with the "good black men". And most people, regardless of the study, can look around and see ALL of the non-black women with biracial children who are raising them alone. I happen to work with a LOT of white, Hispanic and Native American women who are raising their children without the help of the father.

I would also like to note that some of the most vile, colorist, sexist, misogynist, violent things that were ever said and/or done to me happened to be from the "good black man". I have never had any dealings with "thuggish" black men but college degrees and six figure salaries do not automatically make a black man "good".

And one more thing. You referred to black men as "men" and used the disrespectful "females" to refer to WOMEN.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Please stop. This is becoming even more embarrassing.

White women, Hispanic women and Asian women are having children mostly with the "good black men". And most people, regardless of the study, can look around and see ALL of the non-black women with biracial children who are raising them alone. I happen to work with a LOT of white, Hispanic and Native American women who are raising their children without the help of the father.

I would also like to note that some of the most vile, colorist, sexist, misogynist, violent things that were ever said and/or done to me happened to be from the "good black man". I have never had any dealings with "thuggish" black men but college degrees and six figure salaries do not automatically make a black man "good".

And one more thing. You referred to black men as "men" and used the disrespectful "females" to refer to WOMEN.
Embarrassing for whom?

And you are telling a lie. You said ALL of the non-Black women with biracial children are raising them alone. That is a lie. I know biracial couples who are married and raising their kids together.

And how do you know that a lot of these said women raising kids alone didn't sleep around? How do you know the circumstances behind them raising said kids alone?

Female and woman are basically the same term.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-wypH5kJ_g

Meanwhile somewhere in the south of France.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybxw4YKledg

Old 06-24-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Embarrassing for whom?

And you are telling a lie. You said ALL of the non-Black women with biracial children are raising them alone. That is a lie. I know biracial couples who are married and raising their kids together.

And how do you know that a lot of these said women raising kids alone didn't sleep around? How do you know the circumstances behind them raising said kids alone?

Female and woman are basically the same term.
It is very low class and ghetto to refer to women as "females".

Your reading comprehension skills need improving because I did not state that ALL non-black women are raising biracial children alone. I was referring to the many non-black women whom people see everyday raising their biracial children alone. Not ALL non-black women.

Re-read my post if you must.

Quote:

Old 06-24-2017, 09:33 PM

Quote:
I believe that there is quite a bit of self hatred that many BM have but are too proud to admit it. Because of pride they shift their self hate to BW, the easiest target. That said, every BM isn't the enemy. I have no problem admitting that there are many deadbeat BM, I've seen them. I even know some. That being said, I'm not going to bow down and say "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy". If that is what you are looking for, you are going to have to look elsewhere.
There is some self hatred in Black men and Black women as well. How it manifests itself varies.

We know there are deadbeat Black men. There are also Black women who are no good. And we can find examples of both all over the news.

I am with you on refusing to bow down. I don't do that. This whole "women good, men bad" is a stupid way of looking at the world.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:54 PM

Once again, zero accountability.

"But black women do this....but black women do that....but black women....".

Another reason that black men get very little respect from non-black men and society is because black men are ALWAYS comparing themselves to women. That is self emasculating but somehow they can never see it.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:08 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,223,142 times
Quote:
Once again, zero accountability.

"But black women do this....but black women do that....but black women....".

Another reason that black men get very little respect from non-black men and society is because black men are ALWAYS comparing themselves to women. That is self emasculating but somehow they can never see it.
Why should I be held accountable for somebody else's actions? I'm not the one who committed the offense. When did I compare myself to a black woman?

Old 06-24-2017, 10:22 PM

28,664 posts, read 18,768,884 times
Mentoring fatherless black boys is only a stopgap. It does some good, but with figures like >70% of black children born out of wedlock, mentoring is pretty much like bailing the Titanic with a teacup. It's not an answer.

Unmarried men "spending time" with their kids isn't really the answer either, because in my experience the times the children need to observe their fathers is not the times a father who doesn't live in the house will be there. Just doesn't work that way.

The issue of "nonmarrying" is not limited to blacks, it's a "thing" for young American whites as well. However, like most most social issues, black people are the "canary in the coal mine" and suffer earliest and hardest under negative American social trends.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:38 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,626,667 times
Quote:
Most black people work for someone else. You can't build any real wealth or leave any real legacy by working for someone else. There aren't enough of us involved in investing. We don't have enough business owners in our communities. Part of that I believe is a fear of failure. It can also be a lack of funds. A separatist mentality could also be an issue.
Most people of all colors work for someone else. Your comment makes no sense. You can build some wealth by putting some of your money into a 401K, that many employers have.

This goes for all people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
There seems to be a presumption that in all these cases the black men "hit it and quit it." What, did they promise the women that they'd marry them and then renege on the marriage? Were they wearing ruptured condoms so the woman would not use birth control?

I know several of those cases personally, and in every case it's the woman who did not and does not want to be married from the very beginning of the relationship. This has been true of both young black women and young white women, but I'd say it's much more often true of young white women wanting the child but not the man.

I've had a couple of black woman tell me point blank, "I can take care of my own child, I don't need a husband." If a woman intends to get pregnant without being married--and it certainly appears to me that's the current trend--it's silly to pretend there will ever be a world in which they won't find a man who will have sex with them.
And how many of these women whether they're black or white are actually taking care of their own child?Getting WIC and EBT isn't taking care of your own child, you're getting help because you can't provide. They also don't want to get married because it impacts their benefits.

If a woman of any color can work and cover all the expenses and than some, more power to her. But you're not the only one taking care of a child if you're getting govt. assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies