Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 09:02 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And anyone with a lick of sense would know that such a move means less jobs and doesn't really pull anyone out of poverty.
There is something called inflation. In 1930 the average cost for a new car was $640, and min wage increases are sometimes needed to keep up with inflation.

Min wage increases can do things like you described above, but still they are sometimes needed. And if everyone had a "no min wage increase ever" attitude like yours people would still be working for .25 cents per hour like they did in 1938.

https://www.dol.gov/whd/minwage/chart.htm

Quote:
It should have never existed in the first place. The law was shoved on the American people without anyone really knowing what was in it or discussing it. It was very shady how it was pushed and signed into law and even the freaking website wouldn't work for months. Obama may have become the first president to force people to buy a product or be punished.
But Obamacare does exist and republicans could have stopped Obamacare from hurting small businesses and other Americans years ago. But instead republicans said "lets allow Obamacare to fail" and they let Obamacare hurt all kinds of Americans.

Kingston: O-Care failure not 'responsible' | TheHill

Quote:
Oh and he brought back the cold war and pushed an outrageous agreement with Iran that basically has us paying Iran to make nukes.
Republicans talk as if the Iran deal was something Obama gave them. In reality the United Kingdom, Russia, France, China, Germany, and the European Union were all involved in the Iran nuclear deal.

Do you honestly believe Iran can push around all those countries?
And don't you think its kinda strange to attack Obama when so many other countries were involved?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_n...deal_framework
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 10:56 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Before you say "the economy!" Or "unemployment is down!" It's because people have stopped seeking work and the new jobs have mostly been low wage jobs. Oh and he didn't kill Bin Laden either- we have our military to thank.

- Obamacare has been a bust as we are seeing now
- Our country is more divided than ever and he is partial to blame
- Things have gotten worse in the Middle East with ISIS
- We have had more terrorist attacks on US soil (bombings and shootings)
- Illegal immigration continues to be bad
- The national debt has increased the most while he has been in office.

A lot of people say "he's so cool I don't want him to leave!" Reading mean tweets about yourself doesn't make you "cool."

Another funny argument is "the only people who hate him are the racist bigots!"
Obama hasn't been perfect, but he did pull the country out of the worst recession since the Great Depression and compared to the Bush years, the Obama years have been pretty good for America.

I think the current polarization in this country would have happened no matter who was President. It's largely the result of social media and the fact that people now get their news from sources that aren't really "news" but propaganda tailored to their political viewpoint.

Compared to the two we have to choose from in this election, I would gladly take a third term for Obama. I believe he is a good man who has the best intentions and genuinely loves this country.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:33 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Because he does a passable Al Green. Not many can do that.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:35 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Obama hasn't been perfect, but he did pull the country out of the worst recession since the Great Depression and compared to the Bush years, the Obama years have been pretty good for America.

I think the current polarization in this country would have happened no matter who was President. It's largely the result of social media and the fact that people now get their news from sources that aren't really "news" but propaganda tailored to their political viewpoint.

Compared to the two we have to choose from in this election, I would gladly take a third term for Obama. I believe he is a good man who has the best intentions and genuinely loves this country.
Why do you say this? Serious question.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:48 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,581,436 times
Lets remember one thing. Obama and his administration love to point out that he inherited the biggest recession since the Great Depression which may be true.

Problem now is, the next president will inherit the largest deficit (20 trillion) that this country has ever been in, along with a collapsing health insurance system! All thanks to Obama.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:52 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Why do you say this? Serious question.
Obama loves this country as it is today.

Too many in the GOP proclaim their love for America, but sometimes it seems like they only love what America once was in a bygone era i.e. the 1950s and hate what it is today.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:22 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Obama loves this country as it is today.

Too many in the GOP proclaim their love for America, but sometimes it seems like they only love what America once was in a bygone era i.e. the 1950s and hate what it is today.
IF Obama really loved the country, he would not campaign and promise to "fundamentally transform/change it"

Obama inherited a recession,(which was fixing itself) which was brought to you by liberal policies and laws

Old 10-27-2016, 09:58 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
The only people that think Obama has been a "great" or even a good president, are hardcore Democrat partisan hacks.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:12 AM

31,073 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Did he really? I guess if you know the media isn't going to call you on it, you can say whatever damn thing you want. What about the IRS scandal? The Fast and Furious gun walking into the hands of Mexican cartels that ended up murdering Americans and who knows how many Mexicans? What about the Veterans' Administration scandal? Benghazi? Solyndra? Nearly a trillion dollar stimulus that built no new infrastructure or shovel ready jobs? For perspective, a trillion seconds ago was over 31,000 years earlier. Think about all the bridges and dams and levies that money could have built or fixed.

What about the rise of ISIS and all the terrorist attacks committed by people the government had on their radar but did nothing about? What about the greatest mass migration of people in the world fleeing his and Bush's policies?

So he didn't cheat on his wife. Big whoop! Neither did Bush, and I know of two known philanderers who were better presidents than either of those two, and more besides. Kennedy, Clinton, Eisenhower, FDR, all known for their infidelities, but also great leadership.
Don't be so dramatic, those things don't count, Bush caused them. Are you going to hold deposing Qadafi, trying to depose Assad, trading Deserters for Terrorist, or bringing us back into Iraq, which he declared a victory in 2012, against him too

From the lips of the POTUS himself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGyJeafsG0E

Last edited by LS Jaun; 10-27-2016 at 10:32 AM..

Old 10-27-2016, 10:54 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Don't be so dramatic, those things don't count, Bush caused them. Are you going to hold deposing Qadafi, trying to depose Assad, trading Deserters for Terrorist, or bringing us back into Iraq, which he declared a victory in 2012, against him too

From the lips of the POTUS himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGyJeafsG0E
Yes, I think I will hold that against him too. And against all those hypocrites who hated Bush for the Iraq War, but can't seem to hate Obama for Libya and Syria. At least Bush (whom I hated too) didn't have the same knowledge of what would happen by deposing Saddam Hussein. Obama knew what happened in Iraq and doubled down. I don't blame him for the Arab Spring, and I even understand why he thought Gaddafi and Assad needed to go, but look at what it has wrought in the world! I absolutely blame him for leaving Iraq, even though I realize Bush let that status of forces agreement expire in 2011. He meant for it to be renegotiated at the time so it didn't devolve into the cluster it became. I always believed Colin Powell was right when he said if we break it, we buy it. We left those people to the mercy of ISIS, and handed ISIS a public relations victory that they still enjoy to this day. Now they are a lightening rod for every extremist in the world. For someone who supposedly thinks so deeply, I don't think he really thought that one through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies