Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 06:53 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,908,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I will repeat again that women do not have abortions because they want unfettered sex. People like me have abortions, but you don't want to deal with me, because as a married, monogamous woman who had the misfortune to conceive a fetus affected by a profound birth defect, I don't fit your paradigm and you can't just dismiss me as a ****. But I AM the type of woman who needs her right to abortion protected, and I will never, ever support a politician who would seek to punish women who find themselves in the darkest, most hopeless moment of their lives or the health care providers who compassionately and expertly care for them.
As you well know, there is large difference between YOU and women whose prime interest is unfettered sex.

Why are you trying to conflate the two?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 07:17 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
As you well know, there is large difference between YOU and women whose prime interest is unfettered sex.

You seem to think that women support politicians who protect abortion rights because they simply want sex without consequences, and you want to make me different from every other woman who seeks an abortion so you can engage in misogyny through ****-shaming. I'm not buying it. I am just like every other woman who aborts a pregnancy. I found myself in the midst of a pregnancy crisis and decided abortion was the best option. In this way, all women who terminate pregnancies are the same.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:59 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,114,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
His nasty assed wife sure does, and as empty heads are so fond of saying, Bill isn't on the ballot. But that God-Awful hideous wife of his is.
This post says a lot more about you than you've said about any of the presidential candidates.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
You seem to think that women support politicians who protect abortion rights because they simply want sex without consequences, and you want to make me different from every other woman who seeks an abortion so you can engage in misogyny through ****-shaming. I'm not buying it. I am just like every other woman who aborts a pregnancy. I found myself in the midst of a pregnancy crisis and decided abortion was the best option. In this way, all women who terminate pregnancies are the same.
Sing it, sistah!!

Old 11-01-2016, 11:21 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:

WTH do you mean by that?

Be specific. Give some examples.

Old 11-02-2016, 05:16 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,126,285 times
"Unfettered sex" as if that were a bad thing???

Old 11-02-2016, 05:26 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,788,575 times
Both Trump and Bill Clinton are evidence that there is a profound dissonance between what many women say they want in a man and what they actually gravitate towards.

Independence. self-respect, gender pride? Those things go out the window in the face of money and power.

See Mick Jagger for a shobiz example.

Old 11-02-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
WTH do you mean by that?

Be specific. Give some examples.
The word means not encumbered, burdened or slowed. Free!!

Old 11-02-2016, 07:55 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
The word means not encumbered, burdened or slowed. Free!!
Isnt that what we all want? As GER301 said "As if thats a bad thing"

Old 11-02-2016, 08:15 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
There is a sub set of the population that seem to have some innate obsession with punishment where they play moral supremacist and want to set the conditions for any controversial action to be washed of sin. They are blinded by their need for judgement and can't see beyond that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies