Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 11:02 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,908,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Oh, I see; it's women's fault when men misbehave!

You can't seriously believe that.
All I said is that if the women's groups and leftists had not rallied around Willie, he would have been toast.
That is a fact of political reality, not a judgement statement.
Do you disagree??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
how a woman conducts her sex life, if she takes an unintended pregnancy to term has nothing to do with her political views. plenty of Christian and conservative women have lots of sex and abort.
If having unfettered sex is a primary goal of yours, then of COURSE it will impact who you vote for.
Some politicians are rabidly anti-abortion, and some are rabidly pro-abortion.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:05 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
My views on abortion had nothing to do with my support of Bill Clinton when he ran for president. I truly believed that he was the right person for the job, and given that my family and many others thrived during his administration, he was clearly a good choice.

And for the record, not only am I pro-choice, but I've also had an abortion as a MARRIED woman in good economic circumstances, who had the misfortune to conceive a pregnancy affected by profound fetal defect, which I with great sadness terminated in my twenty-second week. Had nothing to do with unfettered sex. Only in your fantasies are women going around voting for politicians because they want to sleep around.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
My views on abortion had nothing to do with my support of Bill Clinton when he ran for president. I truly believed that he was the right person for the job, and given that my family and many others thrived during his administration, he was clearly a good choice.

And for the record, not only am I pro-choice, but I've also had an abortion as a MARRIED woman in good economic circumstances, who had the misfortune to conceive a pregnancy affected by profound fetal defect, which I with great sadness terminated in my twenty-second week. Had nothing to do with unfettered sex. Only in your fantasies are women going around voting for politicians because they want to sleep around.
Then you are not one of the women I am talking about.
You make "wanting to sleep around" sound like a bad thing........

Old 10-31-2016, 11:25 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,783 times
Clinton has a better public image than Donald Trump. It has nothing to do with abortion. But I did enjoy reading your coded way of saying the clitoris doesn't exist.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:28 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Oh, I see; it's women's fault when men misbehave!

You can't seriously believe that.
From what Geraldo has said.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4GQjam5eJs

It was the times and way many men with money lived their lives......along with the women who chased them. The first 40 seconds explains it all!

Old 10-31-2016, 11:33 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Bill Clinton was defiled by his mother.

He hates women.

Probably the opposite of his mother would be . . . Hillary!

Old 10-31-2016, 11:47 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Of COURSE some women think that, and they are correct: if you have sex and accidentally (or semi-accidentally) get pregnant, you need not keep the child. You can just have an abortion, then go back to having unfettered sex.

As for a double standard, men can't become pregnant. The issues are different for them as a result. Men can just take off (and often do).
Well, I'm glad that when a woman becomes pregnant you have decreed the mandatory directions on what she must do, and that is: keep the child. Let's look at possible scenarios leading to this pregnancy and the pregnant woman ... She may have been raped. She may have discovered that the fetus's health is very poor and will live in what would be essentially a vegetative state. She may not have the financial resources to care for a child and therefore terminate the pregnancy, or put the child up for adoption. Regardless, I'm glad you have come to the conclusion that once any would-be abortion is complete, the woman will go back to a life of "unfettered sex".

As for what I stated was a "double standard", I am talking about the ignorant mindset that it is perfectly okay for a man to have "unfettered sex", but a woman should not. That is the epitome of a double standard. But let's look at things using your logic. The pregnant woman did not get pregnant all by herself. It took a man, the same man that you seemingly dismiss as sharing the responsible for the inception of the child, putting all of the onus on the woman. You don't want a double standard? State that men need to have sex in a responsible way and consider if birth control is involved when engaging in any sexual practices.

Old 10-31-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Well, I'm glad that when a woman becomes pregnant you have decreed the mandatory directions on what she must do, and that is: keep the child. Let's look at possible scenarios leading to this pregnancy and the pregnant woman ... She may have been raped. She may have discovered that the fetus's health is very poor and will live in what would be essentially a vegetative state. She may not have the financial resources to care for a child and therefore terminate the pregnancy, or put the child up for adoption. Regardless, I'm glad you have come to the conclusion that once any would-be abortion is complete, the woman will go back to a life of "unfettered sex".

As for what I stated was a "double standard", I am talking about the ignorant mindset that it is perfectly okay for a man to have "unfettered sex", but a woman should not. That is the epitome of a double standard. But let's look at things using your logic. The pregnant woman did not get pregnant all by herself. It took a man, the same man that you seemingly dismiss as sharing the responsible for the inception of the child, putting all of the onus on the woman. You don't want a double standard? State that men need to have sex in a responsible way and consider if birth control is involved when engaging in any sexual practices.
You want to get into some wide-ranging discussion of sexual ethics and mores. No thanks.

As to your quote above, I don't know why she WOULDN'T go back to a life of unfettered sex.......do you??
(Of course, there is always the exception to the rule, but the point still stands).

Old 10-31-2016, 12:08 PM

305 posts, read 180,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Of COURSE some women think that, and they are correct: if you have sex and accidentally (or semi-accidentally) get pregnant, you need not keep the child. You can just have an abortion, then go back to having unfettered sex.

As for a double standard, men can't become pregnant. The issues are different for them as a result. Men can just take off (and often do).
Oh yes... you know getting an abortion is just as easy as buying gum these days. Women do it is so flippantly, you know!

As a women who would never get an abortion, I still hate Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies