Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 01:30 AM

54 posts, read 105,686 times

Advertisements

Seems there is a misinterpretation of events.

UPDATED - A disturbance broke out on the University of Mississippi’s campus early Wednesday, after students angry at the reelection of president Barack Obama took to the streets to vent their displeasure.

WMCTV reports that students interacted initially on social media, which resulted in 300-400 young people participating in the disturbance.

Pictures posted on Twitter showed people burning Obama campaign signs. The Clarion Ledger reports that some students were heard shouting racial epithets about Obama and African Americans in general.

Police were called to the scene and the crowd broke up around 12:30 a.m. It’s unclear exactly who was there to protest and who came outside to watch.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:44 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinning View Post
Seems there is a misinterpretation of events.

UPDATED - A disturbance broke out on the University of Mississippi’s campus early Wednesday, after students angry at the reelection of president Barack Obama took to the streets to vent their displeasure.

WMCTV reports that students interacted initially on social media, which resulted in 300-400 young people participating in the disturbance.

Pictures posted on Twitter showed people burning Obama campaign signs. The Clarion Ledger reports that some students were heard shouting racial epithets about Obama and African Americans in general.

Police were called to the scene and the crowd broke up around 12:30 a.m. It’s unclear exactly who was there to protest and who came outside to watch.

That was wrong too. But 100 students is hardly thousands of idiots. And those were not stopping the flow of traffic, jumping onto passer by vehicles, cussing and yelling at passer by cars. Throwing and hurdling rocks at store front's. And hurting innocent people for no reason.

That was wrong, but two wrongs don't make a right. These idiots, are by the thousands and need medication or a shrink.

That did not go on for days. Not the same thing at all. I have friends who live in Mississippi my best friend lives there.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:11 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Not even close.
In your mind it isn't. Remember, you live in a different state than me, so I'm seeing different things where I live.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:24 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
There's no law that says a citizen has to recognize or accept a person as their president if they have convictions otherwise. I never once recognized Barack Obama as President given that he was never fully vetted with his background ( the college records) and he would never gotten through the primaries let alone been elected. I accepted that George W. Bush also had some help winning Florida. Heck, Al Franken had help winning, too. So voter fraud and backroom deals taint both parties and the very highest offices of the land.
I never protested, though. never damaged property or turned violent.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:17 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
The same people who said we should respect the will of the electorate and the INTEGRITY of our election process when Trump was talking about rigged elections, refuse to accept the results when it's not to their liking and say things like "He's not MY president"!
If you had said that when Obama was elected, the left would have called you racist and unpatriotic!

Also, the same people who derided and condemned the violence at Trump's rallies are setting fires, smashing windows and overturning cars or at the least, refusing to condemn those who do.

The same people who called Trump the candidate of hate or derided him for hate speech burned him in effigy and chanted vulgarities directed at him just hours after he gave a speech calling for healing and reconciliation.

The rampant hypocrisy of the left is on FULL display.
Honestly, it's just the same thing all over again. When Obama won, Republicans whined and moaned and refused to accept him. When George W won, Democrats whined and complained and refused to accept him as well. Both D's and R's completely lose the ability to think and act rationally when confronted with victory by the hated opposition.

It is that very irrationality, anger and angst that keeps America divided and stupid. And more often than not, the things that each side hates the most are things that they are guilty of themselves.

Violence and destructive riot is going too far though. Both are signs that we've pushed the irrational division between D & R close to the point of no return. Honestly, the best thing that could happen for America is for the big two parties to just die. At this point, they're just manufacturing excuses for drama and violence. Dems have let things get out of control and need to talk their people down at this point ... but will they? Past experience says that they won't. If anything, they'll just throw fuel on the fire.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:25 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,907,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well then why freak out now over this particular backlash, if even death threats are no big deal?

Why all the clothes-rending oh the humanity angst about the terrible libs being just so darned mean to poor Donald? And all the whimpering cries of "oh the hate, it is so bad"?

Which is it?
Because you are saying the very few threats against Obama (which is the least that happens to All presidents) is similar to what Bush got and Trump is getting. Which is a lie.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:27 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,907,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In your mind it isn't. Remember, you live in a different state than me, so I'm seeing different things where I live.
Thank god I don't have to rely on the lame stream media for information anymore.
People are actually able to get informed now.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:28 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...6c&oe=588EEC1D

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-12-2016 at 04:12 AM..

Old 11-11-2016, 08:15 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,108,006 times
This is not North Korea (and the like).

We should accept the results. Trump is the president.

But we are not required to bow to him and say "Our dear leader".. er... I meant "My president".

I also don't believe that everyone who voted for Trump is a racist. But that is irrelevant to the discussion around Trump's views around racial lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies