Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 11:57 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Ummm... This was Wednesday morning. The election was already decided.

Well she was ignorant. She stated that she wasn't voting for Trump because "he doesnt want me here". Mind you she is a legal citizen of the United States. Therefore she's ignorant to the fact that Trump's issue with immigrants are solely based on those who enter this country ILLEGALY

Quote:
I may not agree with with why someone votes for their candidate but I respect everyone's right to vote. Had Hillary won, my life would go on like any other day. I wouldn't be out in the streets crying, screaming or setting fire to things while going thru a temper tantrum because I didnt get what I wanted.
Like I said the other day, who needs enemies. Glad you respected her opinion, though. Lol. And please. Conservatives were posting "the sky is falling" threads and others even threatened a revolution if HRC had won. Both sides were going to cry and throw a tantrum, if their side didn't win.

Quote:
I love it! I work with a bunch of delicate snowflake liberals and I could not wait to get into work on Wednesday morning to see the look on their faces. It was priceless!

They all had pro Hillary pins and on wednesday morning I put up a Trump/Pence pin and all of a sudden the oh so tolerant liberals were no longer "tolerant".
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
He wore an effing campaign button!! How in the world is that agitating someone??!!
Quote:
You are clearly the one without any critical thinking skills.
Wearing a campaign button was not "rubbing it in their faces".
Rubbing it in would be going to work and saying "So! How did your candidate Hillary do? Not so good, eh?"

What is work now a "safe space" and a Trump pin is a "trigger"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
This is the flawed, anti individual rights, type of thinking that so many seem to wrongly believe in now.

If you suspect a person is a criminal and don't lock a door, somehow then, it is your fault they used the unlocked door to commit a crime? And people like you justify the criminal action?

The point is, there is a difference between wrong and right. Many seem to want to blur that line, and transform aggressors into "victims".

That is part of the reason this election went the way it did.
You all can play naive if you want to, he knew exactly what he was doing and he knew exactly the kind of response he was going to get from them. He said it himself, "I could not wait to get into work". No reason to act coy and naive, just own up to it.

Lol, I don't care either way, because I didn't vote for either of these two. I just enjoy calling out the hypocrisy on both sides. No wonder this country got stuck with HRC and Trump.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:59 AM

88,591 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Then my hope is that he operates that way in office. As with millions of others today, I have some serious concerns.
Oh yeah, so do I. I voted for neither major party candidate, but I knew HRC would take my state. I thought she would take the country. Now I am adjusting by use of optimism.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:00 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You know, it might be a valid hope. I worked in Manhattan for 37 years, so Trump has always been a fixture in the local news. Some of what I did in the last years involved real estate development, and I dealt a few times with people from the Trump Org, and actually had a few meetings with Ivanka. Spoke to Donald once on the phone.

I had to set him up for a site visit with someone from my organization, a younger guy who took him around the property. It was at the time of the ice-bucket challenge thing, and Trump told my coworker that he had done it, and then proceeded to tell him, "You know, people always say I have a toupe, but this IS my hair", then bent his head down and said "Go ahead, pull my hair! Then you can tell everyone it's real." My coworker didn't want to pull his hair, but Trump kept insisting and my coworker did and said yep, it's real. He said he is very funny in person and put everyone at ease.

Other people I know who have dealt with him in business more often and more closely have said the bozo we all saw is not the guy you meet on a person-to-person basis. He is pretty well-liked as a human being to those he meets, which is not always the case for wealthy NY celebrity types.
he seems that way. When he was not saying something ridiculous on the campaign trail, he seemed like someone who could be enjoyable to talk to or listen to.

I guess that raises the question if he is playing to the crowd so to speak and sort of saying what he thinks they want to hear (and apparently actually do want to hear)

Old 11-10-2016, 12:03 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,581,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Like I said the other day, who needs enemies. Glad you respected her opinion, though. Lol. And please. Conservatives were posting "the sky is falling" threads and others even threatened a revolution if HRC had won. Both sides were going to cry and throw a tantrum, if their side didn't win.

You all can play naive if you want to, he knew exactly what he was doing and he knew exactly the kind of response he was going to get from them. He said it himself, "I could not wait to get into work". No reason to act coy and naive, just own up to it.

Lol, I don't care either way, because I didn't vote for either of these two. I just enjoy calling out the hypocrisy on both sides. No wonder this country got stuck with HRC and Trump.
The hypocrisy was coming from them actually. They flaunted their pins, laughed at me for supporting a "loser" and when it didnt turn out the way they expected, they criticized me solely for wearing my pro Trump pin.

I didnt even say anything to rub it in their faces. I sat there quietly and let my pin speak for me. Imagine had I spoke to them the way they spoke to me prior to election day. I would have been in HR for being "insensitive!"

Old 11-10-2016, 12:05 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Eh, you heard the same things when Obama was elected, minus the marches. "He will never be MY President", was pretty popular, and I even remember a woman saying, "I just cannot accept a black man being over me", which sounded kind of Freudian to me, hehehe.

Trump was elected, we followed our process, and it's just going to take some time to accept it. It took me a day, but I didn't vote for either of those fools, so I wasn't expecting more than maybe the first woman President.

I hope Donald's getting some rest and then will present the country with a kickass speech that includes assurance of anti-racism, anti-homophobia, anti-Islamaphobia and emphasizes the economy instead so we can move forward.
Don't count on it queen. The racism, homophobia, Islamaphobia and other pathologies will continue unabated because of the new potus and his attitude toward these groups. It's like Hitler becoming potus. Trumpler will sic the FBI on anyone who dares to question his rule. And public gatherings critical of Trumpler will be crushed brutally by the new American Gestapo. The police in other words. God help us all.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

He knew enough about their nature that even the simple act of wearing a campaign button would "trigger" them and he took some enjoyment from that. That is a bit different than actually instigating something.

They are also adults and own their own reactions. He didn't make them get upset or make them do anything. They CHOSE to react in such a way to essentially nothing.

Same mentality of the protesters. Overgrown children.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:07 PM

88,591 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
he seems that way. When he was not saying something ridiculous on the campaign trail, he seemed like someone who could be enjoyable to talk to or listen to.

I guess that raises the question if he is playing to the crowd so to speak and sort of saying what he thinks they want to hear (and apparently actually do want to hear)
Oh, I think that was his entire schtick. For example, I don't think he himself is homophobic. But he sat there and hinted in that interview that he might seek to seat judges on the SCOTUS who would reverse the gay-marriage ruling. That was playing to a crowd that doesn't want gay marriage. He did it with returning steel mills to Pennsylvania, with bringing manufacturing back to the middle of the country, with building a wall along the Mexican border. He's likely not going to be able to do any of those things, at least not fully or quickly, but he knew people want to hear those things because there's a whole lot of people for whom those things are a huge concern and no one else was listening to them.

I have wondered in the past couple of days of Donald Trump himself has moments when he's saying, "Geez, I got elected President--how the HELL did that happen?"

Old 11-10-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
The hypocrisy was coming from them actually. They flaunted their pins, laughed at me for supporting a "loser" and when it didnt turn out the way they expected, they criticized me solely for wearing my pro Trump pin.

I didnt even say anything to rub it in their faces. I sat there quietly and let my pin speak for me. Imagine had I spoke to them the way they spoke to me prior to election day. I would have been in HR for being "insensitive!"
What did they say to you? If you don't mind saying..

Old 11-10-2016, 12:09 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:
Hypocrisy: The behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do
Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

Hypocrisy | Definition of Hypocrisy by Merriam-Webster

Liberals were the ones saying we should respect integrity of the election process
Liberals were the ones saying a few days later that Trump was "not their president"
Liberals were the ones who contested the 2000 Bush/Gore election for YEARS

Right Wingers saying that Obama was not born here or shouldn't be president, was disgusting and odious but it is only hypocrisy if they start lecturing to others about the integrity of our elections and then ignore their own stance when the results don't go the way they wanted them to.
You're kidding, right? The bold is exactly what they did over the last 8 years and the underline is what they're doing now.

Laughing. Out. Loud.

Quote:

I never denied that they weren't being hypocrites, hence, the part of my post which says, "I just enjoy calling out the hypocrisy on both sides."

Old 11-10-2016, 12:09 PM

19,783 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Don't count on it queen. The racism, homophobia, Islamaphobia and other pathologies will continue unabated because of the new potus and his attitude toward these groups. It's like Hitler becoming potus. Trumpler will sic the FBI on anyone who dares to question his rule. And public gatherings critical of Trumpler will be crushed brutally by the new American Gestapo. The police in other words. God help us all.
That's not likely to occur. Those institutions you are concerned about have a lot of resiliency to sways in the elected officials. It may ebb a little, but nothing deranged. Federal departments are massive pillars that withstand a lot of wind, Trump included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies