Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 11:15 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Tell us all about your experience with illegals and how they brazenly flaunt the laws and willingly draw attention to themselves so that they'll lose their jobs and get deported.

RW crackpottery.

Is that sarcasm?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcne...ndroid-verizon

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsy...ndroid-verizon

Unreal. Illegal Immigrants Shut Down Atlanta Highway in Protest to Stop Deportations

https://www.google.com/amp/www.breit...ndroid-verizon

https://www.google.com/amp/newyork.c...ndroid-verizon

https://www.google.com/amp/fusion.ne...ndroid-verizon

Old 11-10-2016, 11:19 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

They weren't so tolerant, after you intentionally tried to agitate them and instigate something.
Wearing a campaign pin is "intentionally trying to agitate them and instigate something"?

Old 11-10-2016, 11:19 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times
Trump is so disrespectful of so many human beings...hope he helps you who wanted him.

You voted for Satan.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:21 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Wearing a campaign pin is "intentionally trying to agitate them and instigate something"?
I suppose those who lack critical thinking skills may not see it.

He clearly rubbed it in their faces, because he thought it would draw a reaction.

Pretty basic.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:26 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,581,436 times
Quote:
I suppose those who lack critical thinking skills may not see it.

He clearly rubbed it in their faces, because he thought it would draw a reaction.

Pretty basic.
Did i complain, moan, whine, etc when they were all flaunting their Clinton pins? NO. Had she won they would have proudly continue to wear/flaunt their clinton pins.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:30 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Did i complain, moan, whine, etc when they were all flaunting their Clinton pins? NO. Had she won they would have proudly continue to wear/flaunt their clinton pins.
What reason would you have to do any of that, since the election hadn't been decided yet?

But you're the same guy who claimed to respect the opinion of a long time colleague, only to run to C-D and make a thread behind her back, claiming she was ignorant.

Not surprised.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:35 AM

9,173 posts, read 13,256,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I did not vote for Trump or support him but I accept him as president and hope you are right
Well there you go. I am hoping he works out.

Btw, I totally understand how Clinton supporters feel. This was an extremely divisive election, even worse then normal.

I personally felt sick somehow, maybe more of a strangeness tiredness and a feeling of depression, its hard to describe, most of Monday into Tuesday because I thought Clinton was going to win (I supported Donald). So I can imagine how her supporters feel, especially since the media made it look like she had it in the bag. It is almost like your favorite team finally makes it to the World Series or the Superbowl and then looses it. Very depressing.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:36 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,581,436 times
Quote:
What reason would you have to do any of that, since the election hadn't been decided yet?

This is also the same poster who claimed to respect the opinion of a long time colleague, only to run to C-D and make a thread behind her back, claiming she was ignorant.

Not surprised.
Ummm... This was Wednesday morning. The election was already decided.

Well she was ignorant. She stated that she wasn't voting for Trump because "he doesnt want me here". Mind you she is a legal citizen of the United States. Therefore she's ignorant to the fact that Trump's issue with immigrants are solely based on those who enter this country ILLEGALY

I may not agree with with why someone votes for their candidate but I respect everyone's right to vote. Had Hillary won, my life would go on like any other day. I wouldn't be out in the streets crying, screaming or setting fire to things while going thru a temper tantrum because I didnt get what I wanted.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:38 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times
This is why the Founders abhorred democracy - mobs inflamed.

And no, the executive is NOT democratically elected. That's why the original Electoral college was instituted.
Locals voted for someone whose judgment they trusted to examine all the candidates and vote for 2.
+ No national campaigning
+ No bribes (ahem) campaign contributions
+ No partisan politicking
+ No partisan parties in the White House (V.P. was the president's rival, usually)

Sadly, that worked too well - G.Washington detested his V.P., John Adams, and thus the Electoral College was amended into impotency.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:39 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Talking Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Is that sarcasm?
No it ain't Jimbo.

I live less than 3 miles from the border. You're way up close to the Canadian border.

One of us has had a lot more contact with illegals than the other.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies