Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 10:52 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The point is, Hillary got more than any other candidate. By almost a quarter million votes.

Yeah, we all know about that 18th century relic, the electoral college.

Trump won his rigged election. It's legal. He's the president elect.

But Pubs should keep in mind that their new prez got fewer votes. And their majority in both houses of congress shrunk. This wasn't the big win they're all puffed up over.

Let's all hope that we didn't see the real Trump during the campaign. The one who spoke like an 8th grader and when he wasn't saying something stupid, he was saying something insulting.

Let's hope for the successful builder, businessman, and deal maker that he keeps telling us he is.

We'll see soon enough.

And if he does well, America will do well.

But also many people voted for Hillary, not because they liked her or her plans for the country but because she was the lesser of two evils. I was one of them! My vote was NO ENDORSEMENT of her or her politics, it was that I didn't want Trump. I've said so many times in the past on these forums as well. I think Trump was unqualified and doing this for ego gratification. It scared the hell out of me that he'd say things like his top foreign policy advisor would be HIMSELF.
Hillary had experience, knowledge, temperment and I'd rather take a chance on her even though I disagree with her politics than an unknown like Trump who is willfully, shockingly ignorant of the basic issues he seeks to govern.
One area where I preferred Trump over Clinton was Russia! I don't see the point of our engagement in Syria or the need for a no-fly zone in Syria that could spark a war. Trump was saying he'd like to get along with Putin. Clinton was saber rattling. After the second debate, when she kept bringing up Russia, I was considering voting for a third party, but in the end still voted for Hillary.

I was actually upset at Election night too. I didn't expect that outcome. I would not have been "happy" had hillary won because it was two lousy choices we had to make.

I accept it though. I hope I was wrong about him and he does well or at the least I hope our system of checks and balances is enough to contain him if not. It was nice to hear a change of tone in his victory speech and I think we would have won by a wider
margin had he took that tone in the race itself. At any rate, I wish him the best now and am cautiously optimistic.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:54 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That crow dinner isn't setting to well with you either is it? OG must have choked getting his down! HA flippin HA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-10-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Lol. 8 years of, "He's not an American!", "He's a Muslim terrorist", "Obummer and Mooch", and now all of a sudden, it's "What happened to respecting the will??"

Too funny.
8 years of liberals railing against that and now doing the exact same thing!

Old 11-10-2016, 10:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Talking Hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Our presidents are not elected by the popular vote.
You're good!

Old 11-10-2016, 11:00 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,574 times
Quote:
Apparently it isn't so obvious to the OP , now is it captain?

Old 11-10-2016, 11:01 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,094,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post

Again, when one liberal says one thing and another liberal does another, it's not really hypocrisy. it has to be the same actual individuals doing what they say they don't do to be hypocrisy.

And to the person saying that Hillary voters were illegal immigrants, prove that one. How did they get access to the polls with no registration all across the country?

And of course, the whole "he's not my president" has been a facebook meme for all of the Obama presidency, along with the birther stuff and the Republicans shutting down the government over a hissy fit about policy. The Right has no moral high ground to stand on over this stuff.

As an independent voter, both sides can **** me off at times, but in this instance, after Trump was inciting his followers to violence before the election, turnabout's kind of fair play.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
But also many people voted for Hillary, not because they liked her or her plans for the country but because she was the lesser of two evils. I was one of them! My vote was NO ENDORSEMENT of her or her politics, it was that I didn't want Trump. I've said so many times in the past on these forums as well. I think Trump was unqualified and doing this for ego gratification. It scared the hell out of me that he'd say things like his top foreign policy advisor would be HIMSELF.
Hillary had experience, knowledge, temperment and I'd rather take a chance on her even though I disagree with her politics than an unknown like Trump who is willfully, shockingly ignorant of the basic issues he seeks to govern.
One area where I preferred Trump over Clinton was Russia! I don't see the point of our engagement in Syria or the need for a no-fly zone in Syria that could spark a war. Trump was saying he'd like to get along with Putin. Clinton was saber rattling. After the second debate, when she kept bringing up Russia, I was considering voting for a third party, but in the end still voted for Hillary.

I was actually upset at Election night too. I didn't expect that outcome. I would not have been "happy" had hillary won because it was two lousy choices we had to make.

I accept it though. I hope I was wrong about him and he does well or at the least I hope our system of checks and balances is enough to contain him if not. It was nice to hear a change of tone in his victory speech and I think we would have won by a wider
margin had he took that tone in the race itself. At any rate, I wish him the best now and am cautiously optimistic.
Look...

I'm no Clinton fan and Tuesday was my first ever vote for a Clinton.

I'm not all sorry to see the Clinton (and Bush) dynasty toppled.

I am concerned about how juvenile, ignorant, and intolerant trump behaved over the past year and a half in full view of the whole world.

We don't need a bozo (which is exactly how he behaved) in the Oval Office.

Let's hope he has a good side that he hasn't revealed in public.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:03 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,582,886 times
I love it! I work with a bunch of delicate snowflake liberals and I could not wait to get into work on Wednesday morning to see the look on their faces. It was priceless!

They all had pro Hillary pins and on wednesday morning I put up a Trump/Pence pin and all of a sudden the oh so tolerant liberals were no longer "tolerant".

Old 11-10-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Look...

I'm no Clinton fan and Tuesday was my first ever vote for a Clinton.

I'm not all sorry to see the Clinton (and Bush) dynasty toppled.

I am concerned about how juvenile, ignorant, and intolerant trump behaved over the past year and a half in full view of the whole world.

We don't need a bozo (which is exactly how he behaved) in the Oval Office.

Let's hope he has a good side that he hasn't revealed in public.
Agreed!

Old 11-10-2016, 11:11 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Yeah, no surprise you didn't get the point of my post, OP. It's a word, starts with an "H".

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I love it! I work with a bunch of delicate snowflake liberals and I could not wait to get into work on Wednesday morning to see the look on their faces. It was priceless!

They all had pro Hillary pins and on wednesday morning I put up a Trump/Pence pin and all of a sudden the oh so tolerant liberals were no longer "tolerant".
They weren't so tolerant, after you intentionally tried to agitate them and instigate something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies