Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 02:11 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Pubs are forever claiming that "illegals vote in large numbers and influence elections."

They've never been able to show any evidence of it, though.

But I have to admit, it sure gets the right wingers up and barking. If there was anything to it, I'd be concerned, too. The truth is that it's nothing more than a talking point.

Besides, having millions of sub minimum wage illegals in the US labor market holds down wages and benefits for all American workers. The GOP's corporate masters love it. And because the wealthy and influential benefit (at the expense of the middle/working class) it isn't going to ever be anything but a talking point. the GOP will use it to try to paint Democrats as immigrant friendly, while it's they who tend to oppose measures that would stifle employment for illegals.
On this, we mostly agree. I don't believe voting by illegal aliens happens in those kind of high numbers.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:13 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,116,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You mean like how the right respected Obama's two overwhelming victories? 2008: won by 10 million votes. 2012: 5 million votes.

Trump, 2016: -230,000 votes.

Sixth time in the past seven elections that the GOP has lost the popular vote.

What was that you mentioned about "hypocrisy?"

Cnn is projecting Trump to win the popular vote. They have counted only 96%

Old 11-10-2016, 02:13 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
I'll tell you what. I'll show as much respect for the new potus as the GOP showed to President Obama for the last eight years. 0.
I'm personally not going this route because who on earth could trump (yar, har) the unbelievable amount and volume of shrieking tantrums and insane theories the GOP has forced us to listen to these past 8 years?

I don't think I could if I tried.

I don't feel respect, to be sure, and I'm vocal on here for now (this all being new), but overall, I have a degree of maturity beyond weeping hysterical tantrums for the ENTIRETY of a freaking administration (much less two terms). Ugh. I'll leave that to the pros. More power, etc.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:17 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,908,758 times
I'm a clinical social worker.
I see one, maybe two people a year who are really consumed by hate. It is a real thing but very rare (and I get to really know people).
Go online and see what leftists are saying today about Trump, his supporters, etc.......it's absolutely astounding. The level of pure, raging hatred is off the charts, like nothing I have ever seen before in ANY client. And it's coming from many, many, many people.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:49 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
It's hypocrisy when these people say we should respect the will of the electorate when it seems certain their candidate will prevail and then "not my president" when that doesn't happen.
And this is on all sides. If this is a partisan thing, then I wouldn't waste time on this subject.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I see one, maybe two people a year who are really consumed by hate. It is a real thing but very rare (and I get to really know people).
Go online and see what leftists are saying today about Trump, his supporters, etc.......it's absolutely astounding. The level of pure, raging hatred is off the charts, like nothing I have ever seen before in ANY client. And it's coming from many, many, many people.
I can go to youtube, and find people consumed with hate who are right wingers are well. It goes both ways. I live in Georgia, which is a 180 from Maine's politics. There are many here who have hate.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:51 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,591,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
First of all Hillary Clinton did not have "millions" more votes than Donald Trump.

Donald Trump received 47% of the popular vote which comes up to 59,821,874.

Hillary Clinton received 48% of the popular vote which comes up to 60,122,876.

Yes, Hillary Clinton had a total of 301,002 more votes than Donald Trump and while 301,002 is a significant number but it is far from the "millions" the Soros led mob would have us believe.

Now we need to ask ourselves how many of those 301,002 votes were dead people, people who voted twice or illegal aliens who broke our laws to steal across the border and then broke the law again to vote?
Oh, stop it. There is absolutely no evidence of that. In fact, I lived in a high-illegal-immigrant population area for more than 2 decades, and voted at almost every election for anything. I NEVER saw even one illegal immigrant, despite there being just a couple of blocks away from me an area called "Little Mexico."

When you live in such an area, you get good at spotting the illegals.

There were tons of people voting for Obama, too, so if ever there was a time they would have illegally voted, it would have been then. Who was in line were mainly white working Americans, with some older folks. Some hispanics, but they were American. An occasional Af. American.

What Republicans do is what someone in my family does: She has a house in Texas and a house in Louisiana. She votes in both states. So do both of her adult daughters, since they own a rental in Louisiana.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:58 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,591,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
It's because of the things he said and did. It wouldn't matter what party he was with or what his policies are.

He said some horrible things about our neighbors. I know what he meant, but that's not what he said. There was also a disgusting tone to his voice when he said it.

You can't relate because it's not you, and you have no experience with being talked about that way or treated in an inferior way.

You are also blinded by the fact that you will get money for voting for Trump. Just like the "deadbeats" you complain about.

It was similar to the voting for Bush. And the same stupid people actually re-elected him, after they knew all the terrible things he'd done. Which resulted in the Great Recession.

It's not just the so-called liberals who are shocked. It's the world. It's just the group of people who voted for him here, and Putin, who are happy.

Many of those people are going to be very sorry in a couple of years.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:59 PM

I didn't vote for Trump. I am not happy with the results of this election either. However, since I'm stuck with Trump for the next 4 years, I might as well call him "my President". No among of complaining will change things.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:32 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
The same people who said we should respect the will of the electorate and the INTEGRITY of our election process when Trump was talking about rigged elections, refuse to accept the results when it's not to their liking and say things like "He's not MY president"!
If you had said that when Obama was elected, the left would have called you racist and unpatriotic!

Also, the same people who derided and condemned the violence at Trump's rallies are setting fires, smashing windows and overturning cars or at the least, refusing to condemn those who do.

The same people who called Trump the candidate of hate or derided him for hate speech burned him in effigy and chanted vulgarities directed at him just hours after he gave a speech calling for healing and reconciliation.

The rampant hypocrisy of the left is on FULL display.
For the last eight years I've been hearing, "Not MY President," from every Tom, Dick and Harry I meet. It's been a constant refrain. Every bad thing that's happened, every rumor of a bad thing, and I would hear comments like, "He's YOUR President, NOT mine."

So please, spare me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies