Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 10:18 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
People have said vile things about Obama & his family.

Some of you have selective memory, though.
Yes, they did. Right up until now.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:22 AM

421 posts, read 205,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
They don't even bother to say it's rigged! They just don't like the results so he's "not their president"!
These are also the same people who railed against Trump for saying it's rigged but conveniently forgot about Al Gore and his supporters saying the same thing for YEARS!!
If they did actually use the word "rigged" in their whining/crying tantrums they would be hypocrites of the HIGHEST order, seeing as they spent the whole year making fun of Trump over the same exact "rigged" remarks

Instead of "rigged" their slogan of choice is "not my president", which sounds even WORSE than "rigged" if you think about it. At least when you say "it was rigged" it implies that you are the victim of some kind of injustice or cheating by the other side, but when you say "he's not my president" it just reeks of butthurt, cry-babyism, sore-loserism

Old 11-10-2016, 10:22 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,081 times
"Donald Trump is going to be our president. We owe him an open mind and a chance to lead." - Hillary Clinton in her concession speech.

I voted for HRC, but I accept the loss. We should do as she says. I didn't like the result and am still a little fearful of what may come, but I believe we owe this to every President-elect. Maybe he'll surprise us.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:26 AM

305 posts, read 180,103 times
"Not my President" more often than not means, "this individual does not represent my morals and values"

People on here have been saying it about Obama for forever, and I never read into any differently...

Old 11-10-2016, 10:27 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK508 View Post
"Donald Trump is going to be our president. We owe him an open mind and a chance to lead." - Hillary Clinton in her concession speech.

I voted for HRC, but I accept the loss. We should do as she says. I didn't like the result and am still a little fearful of what may come, but I believe we owe this to every President-elect. Maybe he'll surprise us.
Same here. I didn't vote for either HRC or Trump, but I assumed she would win. Now he's in, the system did what the system is supposed to do, so let's see what he does.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:30 AM

9,173 posts, read 13,256,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
The same people who said we should respect the will of the electorate and the INTEGRITY of our election process when Trump was talking about rigged elections, refuse to accept the results when it's not to their liking and say things like "He's not MY president"!
If you had said that when Obama was elected, the left would have called you racist and unpatriotic!

Also, the same people who derided and condemned the violence at Trump's rallies are setting fires, smashing windows and overturning cars or at the least, refusing to condemn those who do.

The same people who called Trump the candidate of hate or derided him for hate speech burned him in effigy and chanted vulgarities directed at him just hours after he gave a speech calling for healing and reconciliation.

The rampant hypocrisy of the left is on FULL display.
While I agree with you say, I would like to remind you and other people the way Obama was treated when he was first elected back in 2008. It was not always pretty.

That said, I am disgusted by some of these protestors. What do they think, they can overrule elections in a Democracy?

As for Trump, I think people may be pleasantly surprised by him. Time will tell.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:30 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You mean like how the right respected Obama's two overwhelming victories? 2008: won by 10 million votes. 2012: 5 million votes.

Trump, 2016: -230,000 votes.

Sixth time in the past seven elections that the GOP has lost the popular vote.

What was that you mentioned about "hypocrisy?"

AND did you see any rioting in the streets when Obama won? NO

Old 11-10-2016, 10:31 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
Basically the same people or actually the same people? A lot of people like to claim it's hypocrisy when one person on the left (or right) says one thing and another person does the something else. It isn't.
Well you have crowds of thousands across major cities in America saying "he's not my president", "f*ck" Trump, burning American flags, burning effigies of the President Elect. You have people being pulled out of their cars and
beaten for having a Trump bumper sticker.
You had liberals chastising Trump for saying he might not accept the results of the election a few weeks ago while they conveniently forgot about Al Gore!

You have access to the same media and internet that I do. I don't hear much outcry from the left at the behavior of their own compared to the wailing about Trump and his supporters we heard throughout the election.

Van Jones was on CNN on election night with the following commentary:
"You tell your kids: Don't be a bully... don't be a bigot.. do your homework and be prepared. And then you have this outcome."

So.. how about teaching your kids that if an outcome is not to their liking, the proper response is not to destroy property, refuse to accept the outcome and require counseling or days off to process your emotions.

While we are all taking over things at the breakfast table now, maybe we can add that to the list as a teaching moment

Old 11-10-2016, 10:34 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,907,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You mean like how the right respected Obama's two overwhelming victories? 2008: won by 10 million votes. 2012: 5 million votes.

Trump, 2016: -230,000 votes.

Sixth time in the past seven elections that the GOP has lost the popular vote.

What was that you mentioned about "hypocrisy?"

Hey Old Gringo, whatever happened to "the only way Trump is going to get [to the White House] is with a visitor's pass"????
Now who was it who said that????
lol

Old 11-10-2016, 10:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverra View Post
Hillary hasn't garnered 50% of the total votes cast. There were 6 million who voted for other candidates besides Trump or Hillary.

The point is, Hillary got more than any other candidate. By almost a quarter million votes.

Yeah, we all know about that 18th century relic, the electoral college.

Trump won his rigged election. It's legal. He's the president elect.

But Pubs should keep in mind that their new prez got fewer votes. And their majority in both houses of congress shrunk. This wasn't the big win they're all puffed up over.

Let's all hope that we didn't see the real Trump during the campaign. The one who spoke like an 8th grader and when he wasn't saying something stupid, he was saying something insulting.

Let's hope for the successful builder, businessman, and deal maker that he keeps telling us he is.

We'll see soon enough.

And if he does well, America will do well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies