Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 11:39 AM

39,897 posts, read 26,574,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Well there you go. I am hoping he works out.

Btw, I totally understand how Clinton supporters feel. This was an extremely divisive election, even worse then normal.

I personally felt sick somehow, maybe more of a strangeness tiredness and a feeling of depression, its hard to describe, most of Monday into Tuesday because I thought Clinton was going to win (I supported Donald). So I can imagine how her supporters feel, especially since the media made it look like she had it in the bag. It is almost like your favorite team finally makes it to the World Series or the Superbowl and then looses it. Very depressing.
I grew up in Buffalo and was there in the early 90s. Know what you mean.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:42 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,374,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yeah, no surprise you didn't get the point of my post, OP. It's a word, starts with an "H".

They weren't so tolerant, after you intentionally tried to agitate them and instigate something.
He wore an effing campaign button!! How in the world is that agitating someone??!!

Old 11-10-2016, 11:43 AM

9,180 posts, read 13,280,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I grew up in Buffalo and was there in the early 90s. Know what you mean.
Lol, didn't the Bills make it to the Superbowl and loose 4 years in a row? Wow.

There were people Downstate rooting for you guys. I was one of them lol.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I suppose those who lack critical thinking skills may not see it.

He clearly rubbed it in their faces, because he thought it would draw a reaction.

Pretty basic.
You are clearly the one without any critical thinking skills.
Wearing a campaign button was not "rubbing it in their faces".
Rubbing it in would be going to work and saying "So! How did your candidate Hillary do? Not so good, eh?"

What is work now a "safe space" and a Trump pin is a "trigger"?

Old 11-10-2016, 11:46 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,611,095 times
Quote:
I suppose those who lack critical thinking skills may not see it.

He clearly rubbed it in their faces, because he thought it would draw a reaction.

Pretty basic.
This is the flawed, anti individual rights, type of thinking that so many seem to wrongly believe in now.

If you suspect a person is a criminal and don't lock a door, somehow then, it is your fault they used the unlocked door to commit a crime? And people like you justify the criminal action?

The point is, there is a difference between wrong and right. Many seem to want to blur that line, and transform aggressors into "victims".

That is part of the reason this election went the way it did.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:47 AM

88,696 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Look...

I'm no Clinton fan and Tuesday was my first ever vote for a Clinton.

I'm not all sorry to see the Clinton (and Bush) dynasty toppled.

I am concerned about how juvenile, ignorant, and intolerant trump behaved over the past year and a half in full view of the whole world.

We don't need a bozo (which is exactly how he behaved) in the Oval Office.

Let's hope he has a good side that he hasn't revealed in public.
You know, it might be a valid hope. I worked in Manhattan for 37 years, so Trump has always been a fixture in the local news. Some of what I did in the last years involved real estate development, and I dealt a few times with people from the Trump Org, and actually had a few meetings with Ivanka. Spoke to Donald once on the phone.

I had to set him up for a site visit with someone from my organization, a younger guy who took him around the property. It was at the time of the ice-bucket challenge thing, and Trump told my coworker that he had done it, and then proceeded to tell him, "You know, people always say I have a toupe, but this IS my hair", then bent his head down and said "Go ahead, pull my hair! Then you can tell everyone it's real." My coworker didn't want to pull his hair, but Trump kept insisting and my coworker did and said yep, it's real. He said he is very funny in person and put everyone at ease.

Other people I know who have dealt with him in business more often and more closely have said the bozo we all saw is not the guy you meet on a person-to-person basis. He is pretty well-liked as a human being to those he meets, which is not always the case for wealthy NY celebrity types.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:49 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,596,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
He wore an effing campaign button!! How in the world is that agitating someone??!!
Mind you, weeks leading up to election day these same people were all giddy and bashing me for being a Trump supporter because they were so confident that Hillary had it in the bag. I would just smile and tell them..."lets see what happens come election day". Wednesday morning I proudly displayed my pin and received nothing but backlash from the oh so tolerant liberals. 2 of them arent even speaking to me. LOL. May be a good thing!

Old 11-10-2016, 11:50 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,611,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No it ain't Jimbo.

I live less than 3 miles from the border. You're way up close to the Canadian border.

One of us has had a lot more contact with illegals than the other.

I grew up and lived decades in Texas. I've lived and worked shoulder to shoulder with more illegals than most have ever met.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:53 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,592,066 times
Wink He must be a chameleon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You know, it might be a valid hope. I worked in Manhattan for 37 years, so Trump has always been a fixture in the local news. Some of what I did in the last years involved real estate development, and I dealt a few times with people from the Trump Org, and actually had a few meetings with Ivanka. Spoke to Donald once on the phone.

I had to set him up for a site visit with someone from my organization, a younger guy who took him around the property. It was at the time of the ice-bucket challenge thing, and Trump told my coworker that he had done it, and then proceeded to tell him, "You know, people always say I have a toupe, but this IS my hair", then bent his head down and said "Go ahead, pull my hair! Then you can tell everyone it's real." My coworker didn't want to pull his hair, but Trump kept insisting and my coworker did and said yep, it's real. He said he is very funny in person and put everyone at ease.

Other people I know who have dealt with him in business more often and more closely have said the bozo we all saw is not the guy you meet on a person-to-person basis. He is pretty well-liked as a human being to those he meets, which is not always the case for wealthy NY celebrity types.
Then my hope is that he operates that way in office. As with millions of others today, I have some serious concerns.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Yeah, no surprise you didn't get the point of my post, OP. It's a word, starts with an "H".
Hypocrisy: The behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do
Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

Hypocrisy | Definition of Hypocrisy by Merriam-Webster

Liberals were the ones saying we should respect integrity of the election process
Liberals were the ones saying a few days later that Trump was "not their president"
Liberals were the ones who contested the 2000 Bush/Gore election for YEARS

Right Wingers saying that Obama was not born here or shouldn't be president, was disgusting and odious but it is only hypocrisy if they start lecturing to others about the integrity of our elections and then ignore their own stance when the results don't go the way they wanted them to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies