Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 08:10 PM

1,850 posts, read 822,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. And what did the NYTimes article say? "A pedophile should be held responsible for his conduct".

2. And you think sex between a very, very, very few teachers and students is something that is only occurring now in the 2010s?
1. Ah, yes, the New York Times wrote an article saying "just by the way, we also wanted to say we disapprove of pedophilia, just wanted to let you guys know." LMAO

2. Is this where you act like nothing has changed also? That shows how important degrading societal values is to you, I guess.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:36 PM

50,955 posts, read 24,450,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Whose morals are we supposed to enforce? Yours or mine?
That, plus whose rights are we going to trample on? How about nobody's rights get trampled on.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:40 PM

Ah, yes, subjective morality plus fictional rights form the bedrock foundation of liberalism. The best part is when they lecture you on rights they discovered that all depend on seizing money from others.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:57 PM

50,955 posts, read 24,450,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
I did? Actually, all I ever said was that marriage wasn't a right. (Which is true.) And that society rejects gay marriage. (Also true.) And that homosexuality is abnormal. (Also true.) And that liberals normalize abnormal things, including eventually pedophilia. (Also true.) I don't think I ever said that gay marriage is "immoral."
You have the mistaken idea that the only things that are "normal" are the things done by a majority of people. (Until perhaps recently) a majority of people in the world did not have sit-down toilets...so I guess you've been abnormal. More people eat rice with a meal than potatoes with a meal. I guess you're abnormal.

You have posted more entries in this thread about homosexuality and pedophilia than anyone else. I would say you're obsessed with the two topics. Why?

Old 11-27-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
(Until perhaps recently) a majority of people in the world did not have sit-down toilets...so I guess you've been abnormal.
Ah, yes, having a sit down toilet is being compared to homosexual intercourse. This is really a strong argument. I'm not sure how I will ever rebut it (no pun intended).

Old 11-28-2016, 02:54 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,383,381 times
Quote:
Except, as I stated, there wasn't a change at all.
Except the changes that I and the OP identified and have discussed.

Quote:
The next frontier for the left is pedophiles. It's great because every time I bring up the parallels between normalization of homosexuality and pedophilia, liberals get all offended
You will have to take it up with the people who get offended. I do not get offended to notice you are simply talking nonsense. But it is nice to know you can see the future and what people will do in "50 years".

However what I know today is that the concept of "Informed consent" seems to hold importance to just about everyone discussing the homosexuality issue. And "informed consent" is not present with pedophilia. If anyone, regardless of whether you put them on the left/right continuum, has an argument that undermines the concept of "informed consent" then I am all ears to hear what it is.

Until then it just looks like your arguments about the PRESENT are so poor that you have to instead invent arguments about the FUTURE.

Old 11-28-2016, 03:36 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,854,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
There is no homosexual lifestyle.

There is no heterosexual lifestyle.

(Nor are there bisexual nor asexual nor etc. lifestyles)

There are simply...lives.

But, I'll play along with these "lifestyle" shenanigans.

My "conduct"; also known as my "behavior or my "lifestyle"

I spend a lot of time with my computer, because that is one of my passions. It's the only thing I'm really good at.

I tend to stay up late because I'm a night owl.

I also spend a lot of time with friends. I go to church, which I love very much, and attend a women's study/prayer group once a week, which I also very much love doing. Sometimes I'll drop by my Pastor's office during the week. If he's not busy, we'll talk. Sometimes I just drop by for a hug. Because I love those. I talk to friends on various social media platforms, because I love my friends. I pray often. I spend way too much time on CD.

That's really all I do, aside from eating, sleeping, showering and other things. The other things, just to calm your fears involve waste removal, and I'm not going into detail about it.

If you're concerned about "what I do in bed", quite frankly, that's none of your business. But for full disclosure, I'll tell you, please forgive the next sentence for being gratuitously graphic:

It's a bed, I sleep there.

So that's my "conduct." My "behavior." My "lifestyle."

Would you care to point out, what you find so objectionable? What is unhealthy about it, besides my smoking? I admit quitting smoking and cutting back on caffeine would make me healthier, but I don't see how being a homosexual (whether gay, or lesbian) is unhealthy in and of itself, as it is simply an orientation, not a "lifestyle" or "behavior"

Old 11-28-2016, 03:51 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,383,381 times
Quote:
If consent is not your main issue then that's not what I'm after. However if you want to go that route then there's affects that homosexual parents have on children as well.
Which affects are we talking about exactly?

Quote:
All I'm doing is taking two consenting adults who just happens to be related and applying to the "as long as they consent" argument. Please show me specifically what is wrong with my line of reasoning.
I discussed your reasoning as it happens. You appear to have ignored the post. There are good reasons why we have no interest in implementing incestuous marriage. However if your point is to simply point out that there is no moral or ethical arguments against consensual adult incest.... then you are right.... there isn't.

Quote:
Source for what? Source that they make up 80% of those with HIV/AIDS?
Notice however when people discuss the infection rates in homosexuality, they focus solely on statistics for a subgroup known as MSM, and they leave out all the other subgroups including lesbians. Usually because leaving out those groups skews the statistics in the direction they want them.

Quote:
Or source that infidelity among homosexuals is staggering?
You are citing a blog there. Any ACTUAL data or relevance here? And once again when citing the figures be clear on whether you are citing figures for MSM or homosexuals AS A WHOLE.

Quote:
What "lifestyle" are you talking about exactly? What does it consist of?

Old 11-28-2016, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Except the changes that I and the OP identified and have discussed.

Right, none at all. It's always amusing the way the left had to force gay marriage on everyone and then now says "oh, guess what, we just found out that everyone supports gay marriage! If only we had just waited one extra year, huh? Our face is so red!"

Quote:
You will have to take it up with the people who get offended. I do not get offended to notice you are simply talking nonsense. But it is nice to know you can see the future and what people will do in "50 years".

Who needs to see the future when all you had to do is observe what liberals do every day?

Quote:
However what I know today is that the concept of "Informed consent" seems to hold importance to just about everyone discussing the homosexuality issue. And "informed consent" is not present with pedophilia. If anyone, regardless of whether you put them on the left/right continuum, has an argument that undermines the concept of "informed consent" then I am all ears to hear what it is.
Ah, thanks for bringing this up for me to destroy. This is where liberals think they are extremely clever because they think they just found the one point they could use to differentiate homosexuality from pedophilia. Except the problem is that you either accept that almost every minor is being raped, or that you were just playing with words. See, if minors cannot provide "consent" -- and, by the way, age of consent is arbitrary, but ignore that for now -- then whenever a minor has sex with another minor, they are being raped. Two non-consensual parties does not equal consent. So now you have to decide what is more important to you. Do you love homosexuality as an issue so much that you are willing to say that most people in America were raped as kids?

Old 11-28-2016, 07:07 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,435,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions

Ah, thanks for bringing this up for me to destroy. This is where liberals think they are extremely clever because they think they just found the one point they could use to differentiate homosexuality from pedophilia. Except the problem is that you either accept that almost every minor is being raped, or that you were just playing with words. See, if minors cannot provide "consent" -- and, by the way, age of consent is arbitrary, but ignore that for now -- then whenever a minor has sex with another minor, they are being raped. Two non-consensual parties does not equal consent. So now you have to decide what is more important to you. Do you love homosexuality as an issue so much that you are willing to say that most people in America were raped as kids?
The point that distinguishes pedophilia from homosexuality is the same - and ONLY - point that distinguishes pedophilia from heterosexuality. That is the point of consent, which you have convoluted above into some meaningless nonsense.

Pedophilia is also not pederasty, which is far more common (prederasty means liking post-pubescent teenagers who have developed secondary sex characteristics, but are just young. 10-1 odds there's many a "football dad" at high school games spending a bit too much time watching the cheerleaders during their son's games).

ARGUABLY, sexual contact between a developed teenager and an adult is still wrong because of consent, but I admit it gets grey sometimes because teens often act on their own desires and can actually give consent. That's a problem for the law to work out. I would argue for a more flexible analysis when it comes to adult-teen sexual contact, instead of "statutory rape".But, hard age lines exist in the law for a number of situations. 15 year olds cannot contract to buy a house, for example. They cannot drive. They cannot buy alcohol. So the line is drawn.

But Pedophilia...sexual contact between pre-pubescent children and an adult, is always 100% wrong. Not only can children not consent, their bodies are undeveloped and not ready for the sexual contact, AND there is HUGE power-dynamic issues at play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.