Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 09:21 AM

1,850 posts, read 821,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Polls reflect society better than votes sure. They are opinion polls afterall. I'm not sure how else you could try to distort to make your point. I'm inclined to believe there's a bit of trolling going on.
Fascinating. I hereby declare that we should poll groups of people that I choose in order to determine what America truly believes.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:23 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,964,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Fascinating. I hereby declare that we should poll groups of people that I choose in order to determine what America truly believes.
I guess it would be better to just ask njquestions instead?

Old 11-27-2016, 09:25 AM

1,850 posts, read 821,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I guess it would be better to just ask njquestions instead?
Odd, I thought I said I'd rely on voters. But, sure, whatever you want. LOL

Old 11-27-2016, 09:27 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
I like how you're trying to ascribe to me your belief in making up rights. That's clever.
You forgot we've already been down this path.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:41 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,579,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
What do you feel when you read the thread title?

Just 20 years ago, I could make this statement and there would hardly be a cringe among a crowd.

Today, it is seen as taboo; as if a damning slander suddenly leaped out of the dark ages. Heck, someone might close this very thread.

Why is this? How is it that a societal opinion can change so quickly, and so fiercely?
At both time periods, people probably think you're either a bible-thumper or gay or both. In either case, nobody would engage you in conversation. Why would anyone bother with someone who seems either morally, psychologically, or sexually conflicted? There are more interesting things to do.

Old 11-27-2016, 01:43 PM

2,309 posts, read 902,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You are being purposely argumentative,
Isn't the whole point of this forum, particularly this section, is to be argumentative. Am I not allowed to express my disagreement and the reasoning behind it?

Quote:
if you don't understand the difference between a homosexual couple and incest or beastiality, or choose not to to reinforce your argument, then this conversation is pointless.
Bestiallity was never brought up. All I did was took the "as long as they consent" argument and apply to other factions such as incest. It's a little something called logic. I'm not agruing that someone can marry their dog or ten year old by your logic. All I'm doing is taking two consenting adults who just happens to be related and applying to the "as long as they consent" argument. Please show me specifically what is wrong with my line of reasoning.

Quote:
Why don't you just come out and say "I, Maccabee 2A, am intolerant of those not like me, and think they are evil"; because that's where this is all headed anyways...
Because I don't think that way. Now you're doing an ad Hominem. My premise is to apply logic universally.

Old 11-27-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Let me simplify this for you.

To me, the whole premise is not about consent. I have often said on this forum about a number of topics that most things in life are not either/or. Consent is one issue. Another issue is defective offspring. I don't see it as a one issue discussion.
If consent is not your main issue then that's not what I'm after. However if you want to go that route then there's affects that homosexual parents have on children as well.

Old 11-27-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Source?
Source for what? Source that they make up 80% of those with HIV/AIDS?

Gay and Bisexual Men | HIV by Group | HIV/AIDS | CDC

Or source that infidelity among homosexuals is staggering?

The myth of male homosexual monogamy

Quote:
Would not encouraging them to marry help those statistics?
No as my link pointed out homosexuals marrying wont decrease infidelity.

Quote:
Of course you are leaving out lesbians.
They aren't off the hook either.

On The Unhealthy Homosexual Lifestyle

Old 11-27-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why not? They're gay so hey, they'd only be spreading it amongst themselves. Unless.....are you worried about catching it?
Bisexuals spread it too.

Old 11-27-2016, 02:57 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Personally, I find the thought of gay sex disgusting. I mean, a man sticking his penis into another man's butt hole? EEEEEEEh. However, I'm not in a position to tell consenting adults what they can or cannot do in their bedroom or who they can marry.

Gay marriage is legally protected in our country, and that's all there is to it.
Nevertheless, a lot of people, especially from the Christian Right, pretty strongly feel that gays are not worthy of equal rights, since they find the sex acts they do so grossly offensive and unnatural. The Christian Right will tell you marriage should not be based on sodomy, and believe they have certain bible verses to back up how they should feel. So they demand legislators to try to pass bills for them that will protect them, especially as business people, from having anything to do with gay people.

In Oklahoma, every year, the Chamber of Commerce Republican legislators have to do battle with the Christian Right Republican ones, who always try to get passed a huge number of anti-gay bills. The Chamber of Commerce Republicans has been winning the battles quite well, fearing that passage of anti-gay bills may provoke boycotts.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 11-27-2016 at 03:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies