Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 08:10 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,964,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I support gay marriage, and I think it is absolutely fine for people NOT to support it. It should be allowed.

The argument that "because they don't hurt anyone" is pretty weak. Following the same logic, people should be allowed to walk on the street completely naked or having sex in public spaces too, since they are not hurting anyone.

It is all about public acceptance. There is no right or wrong here. Not supporting gay marriage is not wrong.
Sorta you have rights against people for indecent exposure. I don't think two men holding hands reaches that level.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:14 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
There are no legal reasons. The proof is that you are not married and not lacking any legal protections. If "being married" led to extra legal rights, then you, as an unmarried heterosexual, would be just as disenfranchised as an unmarried homosexual. It was an argument that was a farce and only made in order to forward gay marriage.
An unmarried heterosexual couple does give up some of the rights of a married couple. If you own property together and have your finances combined it can make a huge difference if one party passes away. If one of you gets sick and ends up in the hospital you are not considered "family" unless you are married.

Most of the benefits of gay marriage will help older couples that have been together for years, not necessarily people in their 20s and 30s.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:16 AM

1,850 posts, read 821,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
liberal teachers indoctrinate into acceptance of pedophilia.

not going to happen- minors will always be protected - they may claim it to be mental illness- but if there is a crime against a child it will be illegal- I am not sure homosexuality has even been a crime in this country or interracial marriages maybe> but they are adults- big difference-- you live in a world of fear- why so afraid of the homosexuals community?
That's neat, except so far Salon and the New York Times have already started printing articles about how pedophiles are normal people. Which is great because it once again proves me right that you can follow the same pathway that was used to normalize homosexuality. They're right on track to normalize pedophilia in about ten years.

Also, teachers are having sex with students all over the place. Ever notice how that happens once you relax societal standards? Enjoy!

Old 11-27-2016, 08:27 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,506,126 times
Quote:
That's neat, except so far Salon and the New York Times have already started printing articles about how pedophiles are normal people. Which is great because it once again proves me right that you can follow the same pathway that was used to normalize homosexuality. They're right on track to normalize pedophilia in about ten years.

Also, teachers are having sex with students all over the place. Ever notice how that happens once you relax societal standards? Enjoy!
You are spot on with this. I believe these progressives choose one controversial topic at a time, slowly change its definition so it becomes socially acceptable, and eventually forces the change to become norm, and demonize all who oppose.

It has happened over and over.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:33 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,732,757 times
Quote:
liberal teachers indoctrinate into acceptance of pedophilia.

not going to happen- minors will always be protected - they may claim it to be mental illness- but if there is a crime against a child it will be illegal- I am not sure homosexuality has even been a crime in this country or interracial marriages maybe> but they are adults- big difference-- you live in a world of fear- why so afraid of the homosexuals community?
but what is a child and what is an adult?

In some countries 18 year old is adult in some it is 16 or 15. Maybe someday it becomes 11. Who knows. There is no strict definition of adult.

Another question: can siblings get marriage if they love each other? Or any two consenting adults? I think they should.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:37 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,793,991 times
Do people really think pedophilia will be normalized before hebephilia and ephebophilia? That doesn't seem likely to me.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Do people really think pedophilia will be normalized before hebephilia and ephebophilia? That doesn't seem likely to me.
I don't think we're arguing about the order, lol. We're just observing that the goal of liberalism is to normalize all aberrant behaviors.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:44 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:

the teachers also go to jail --- and from what I hear that's nothing new-- from some of the old men who talk now-- there always been some adult woman teaching teens a thing or two-- fathers used to take their teen boys to the bordello to LEARN how to be a man-- hmm yea

Societal standards come from home training- unfortunately everything went to the dogs with the new GOD-- his name is money-$$$ but over history we are just deprecate peoples - nothing new- rem Caligula? is this not why we have Jesus?
Rem: roaring 20's we allowed alcohol- even rape was pretty standard with the poor pilgrim women- - we can only lead by example- you just voted one likes to grab by them by the Pssst
what you tell the 7 yr old- that goes to school and grabs the little girl?? do not point a finger--

Old 11-27-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
and from what I hear that's nothing new

How convenient. It's always happened and has nothing to do with the liberal rejection of moral standards. I'll buy that for a dollar!

Old 11-27-2016, 08:48 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
If a black man can marry a white woman then why can't a white woman marry a white woman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies