Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 12:18 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times

Advertisements

why is the right so worried about gay marriage? I thought they were all about the absence of Big Government in people's lives. But they sure want to know what goes on in the bedrooms of consenting adults.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:11 AM

1,850 posts, read 821,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
why is the right so worried about gay marriage? I thought they were all about the absence of Big Government in people's lives. But they sure want to know what goes on in the bedrooms of consenting adults.
Actually, in the absence of Big Government forcing gay marriage on people, there is none.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:40 AM

50,859 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
I find it amusing that once all the arguments collapse, everyone always goes to "well ...well ...you're not being forced to marry a person of the same sex." That's an observation, not an argument.
Maybe part of the problem is that the basis of your posts is arguing.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Maybe part of the problem is that the basis of your posts is arguing.
Is this where you try to spin it as "gay marriage supporters discuss, but anyone who disagrees with them is arguing?"

Old 11-27-2016, 04:44 AM

50,859 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
What you self-identify as is not my business. I just go by reality.
No. You go by your version of reality.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No. You go by your version of reality.
Otherwise known as reality.

Old 11-27-2016, 07:37 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sucrose View Post
Whatever. You're a dying breed and it's not happening fast enough for many of us.

Young Republicans favor same-sex marriage | Pew Research Center
Putting political parties aside, those figures I am sure are pretty accurate. I have been around millenials all my life, from the sports world none the less, a community that has come out strong for LGBT rights recently.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Putting political parties aside, those figures I am sure are pretty accurate. I have been around millenials all my life, from the sports world none the less, a community that has come out strong for LGBT rights recently.
It's true, millennials have grown up being actively brainwashed by liberal teachers into acceptance of homosexuality. In similar fashion, while older millennials, in their 20s and 30s, are not as enthusiastic about transsexualism and gender fluidity, the younger millennials, who are being actively brainwashed about that, are all in on it. In a decade or so, they'll be screeching about how anyone who opposes those concepts is a dinosaur and will die off. And right behind them will be the new generation who liberal teachers indoctrinate into acceptance of pedophilia. And when the younger millennials balk at that, the new generation will screech at them that anyone who opposes that is a dinosaur and will die off. That's the cycle of liberalism.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:08 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,732,757 times
I support gay marriage, and I think it is absolutely fine for people NOT to support it. It should be allowed.

The argument that "because they don't hurt anyone" is pretty weak. Following the same logic, people should be allowed to walk on the street completely naked or having sex in public spaces too, since they are not hurting anyone.

It is all about public acceptance. There is no right or wrong here. Not supporting gay marriage is not wrong.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:09 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
It's true, millennials have grown up being actively brainwashed by liberal teachers into acceptance of homosexuality. In similar fashion, while older millennials, in their 20s and 30s, are not as enthusiastic about transsexualism and gender fluidity, the younger millennials, who are being actively brainwashed about that, are all in on it. In a decade or so, they'll be screeching about how anyone who opposes those concepts is a dinosaur and will die off. And right behind them will be the new generation who liberal teachers indoctrinate into acceptance of pedophilia. And when the younger millennials balk at that, the new generation will screech at them that anyone who opposes that is a dinosaur and will die off. That's the cycle of liberalism.

liberal teachers indoctrinate into acceptance of pedophilia.

not going to happen- minors will always be protected - they may claim it to be mental illness- but if there is a crime against a child it will be illegal- I am not sure homosexuality has even been a crime in this country or interracial marriages maybe> but they are adults- big difference-- you live in a world of fear- why so afraid of the homosexuals community?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies