Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2016, 06:06 PM

2,309 posts, read 902,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You said: "Besides infidelity is at an all time high in the homosexual community."

I asked where you got that.

Neither of those sources says that infidelity is at an all time high in the homosexual community, although both sources indicate infidelity is important to a stable relationship (which most of us already knew).

But okay...are you saying that infidelity should be a reason not to allow gay marriage?
And if that is what you are saying, should we also not allow someone who has been unfaithful in one marriage not remarry?

Oh, and P.S. -- not exactly neutral sources.
I misworded. When I said "infidelity is at a all time high" I meant to say they have a higher rate than heterosexual couples. And my point isn't that we should outlaw homosexuality because they cheat on their partners. My point is because they cheat they are more apted to contract and spread STDs. Until they get a hold on that maybe its not such a good idea to openly allow it.

Old 11-25-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
To you it's irrelevant. To me it is not.
However, if 2 people want to live in a sexless situation, who is stopping them?
Why is it relevant? Isn't the whole premise is about consent?

Old 11-25-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Any survey of the gay population does not measure those in the closet. The 2 percent figure comes from the CDC survey which was conducted through face to face interviews. Other surveys conducted over the phone which are more anonymous show closer to 4 percent. On the flip side those that are closeted are not going to be entering into a same sex marriage before coming out.
The main point is they are a small minority yet make up 80% in HIV/AIDS contractees and have a near 100% infidelity rate.

Old 11-25-2016, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
In the case of homosexuals, yes I do. But now because I said that, you are now going to say... Why not your dad? Why not a goat? Why not your pet dog? That is why I say you and the other poster are using the slippery slope tactic, because anything other than heterosexual marriage is evil to you guys/girls
Why is it a slippery slope? What's wrong with marrying your dad?

Old 11-25-2016, 06:16 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
You are being purposely argumentative, if you don't understand the difference between a homosexual couple and incest or beastiality, or choose not to to reinforce your argument, then this conversation is pointless.

Why don't you just come out and say "I, Maccabee 2A, am intolerant of those not like me, and think they are evil"; because that's where this is all headed anyways...

Old 11-25-2016, 06:21 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,901 times
Quote:
It's also interesting that people on the left constantly say that the "slippery slope" argument is invalid when it is demonstrable that all of their policies are attained by using that tactic. That's whether you agree with the outcome or not. At least be honest and admit that incrementalism is the tactic used. First it was, "omg, homosexuals are all dying! We just want to be left alone to live!!" OK, that's reasonable, no problem. Then suddenly it's "you have to change the definition of marriage." And when people paused, it was like "...without marriage, life has no meaning, it's the most important thing to anyone and the most paramount human right." Then it was like, "uh ...OK, fine." Then suddenly it was like "oh, also everyone has to help me get married or else we'll sue them into bankruptcy. Human right." And then it was like "did I mention that sex changes are human rights?" Then it was like "bathrooms are human rights." That's how liberals always operate, so when they go "there you go with your slippery slope argument," I go, "yeah, I know."

They've already gotten to work on pedophilia and they have no problem with bigamy or polygamy. It's laughable that they say "the line must be drawn HERE!" when it comes to incest, like anyone is going to believe that.

Old 11-25-2016, 06:35 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Why is it relevant? Isn't the whole premise is about consent?
Let me simplify this for you.

To me, the whole premise is not about consent. I have often said on this forum about a number of topics that most things in life are not either/or. Consent is one issue. Another issue is defective offspring. I don't see it as a one issue discussion.

Old 11-25-2016, 06:37 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
The main point is they are a small minority yet make up 80% in HIV/AIDS contractees and have a near 100% infidelity rate.
Source?

Would not encouraging them to marry help those statistics? Of course you are leaving out lesbians.

Old 11-25-2016, 06:57 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,774,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, sexual appetites have nothing to do with race. Do you realize that?
Actually, that couldn't be farther from the truth. If you haven't gleaned it from observation, then here's a book, forbidden by all the usual sorts, which spells it out: https://www.amazon.com/Race-Evolutio.../dp/0965683605

As for the question in the Original Post, my Gay friends just shrug their shoulders, whenever the subject of Gay Marriage comes up. I don't know, very well, ANY Gay men who've ever been in long-term relationships. My two closest Gay friends have never been in anything that even came close to becoming long-term. I don't think they can even conceive of any viable person's ever wanting them (by the time they'd finally gotten enough money, and big-enough muscles, they were entering middle age - far too late for a "first romance", much less a significant other). So, Gay Marriage, for them, seems as distant a possibility as a giant comet's wiping out life on Earth - or one's becoming a movie star - or buying a half-billion-Dollar lottery ticket. "What's even the point of thinking about something like that?"

So, I take my cue from them, and just file the concept away with all the other things that others pointlessly obsess over. But truly: why should I OBJECT to it?

Old 11-25-2016, 07:21 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
As for the question in the Original Post, my Gay friends just shrug their shoulders, whenever the subject of Gay Marriage comes up.
I made that point earlier. Gay marriage is built on a foundation of lies. Gays didn't care about marriage until roughly five years ago, when they suddenly remembered how important it was to them. Then it was like "omg, I would kill myself rather than not be married!!" Then they got gay marriage and about 10 of them got married and the rest continued to just live with each other, like they could before gay marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.