Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 10:21 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Don't need to, Trump has made it okay for men to be just like him. Nothing like electing a president who we all know sexually assaults women.
You gotta problem with Bill Clinton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 10:24 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
My wife has carried for a long time and I admit she is a far better shot than me. .....
My wife consistently outshoots me with the 9mm. The .45, with it's recoil gives me a slight edge.

Old 11-25-2016, 04:21 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,357,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondutch View Post
I second that, Gun safety is paramount,

Take a gun safety course before your first purchase.

Good point

Both of my brothers took a gun safety course as an extracurricular in jr. high school. There were several girls in the class, they tell me. Completion of this course enabled them to get their jr. hunting licenses.

The daughter of one of my best friends posed for one of her senior portraits holding her hunting rifle, dressed in her homecoming gown. Reminded me of Annie Oakley. My hairdresser has photos on her mirror at the salon, posing next to her kill every hunting season. The two young daughters of another friend (ages 14 and 18) go deer hunting with mom and stepdad...a family outing.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:39 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Liberal threats have driven gun sales for the last 8 years.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I think it should be mandatory for all children as part of their education. Whether or not they go on to be gun owners, it instills a certain respect for it as well as basic knowledge of safety.

They should teach children their civil rights.....

The bill of rights should be reviewed every year of public and private education.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:30 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Liberal threats have driven gun sales for the last 8 years.

Longer than that actually. I can remember posters on here posting in gun rights threads about how it was all over for the 2A after Obamas election and how all we "gun humpers" best be ready for the feds to be "coming for us". Now, with rhetoric coming from the left like that, it's hardly surprising that people have gunned up.

Considering the decrepit state of what passes for justice these days and the growing threat of rising violence against women that many of those arming are women is hardly a surprise either. With the government wanting to let ME flea bags in by the tens of thousands and looking at what's hppened to Europe and many incidents here involving "refugees" and violence against women, women arming in increasing numbers makes perfect sense.

And it's a good thing. Those who would try and make food of our Lady folk take note, American women refuse to be your prey. Attack our ladies, and if they don't kill stone dead or permanently cripple you, rest assured we men will. Personally I am looking very forward to training more and more ladies in concealed carry and seeing many many more taking the field in the competitive arena as well.

My own dearest lady has asked me to help her join those ranks, after a lifetime of not being interested in firearms but very little. And I'm going to see she gets nothing but the best, from her firearm to her training. After what she has been through over the last couple years to see her bust out like she's doing now makes me so proud I can't accurately describe the feeling. So, here's the new American motto , "If they stand behind us we will give protection. If they stand beside us we will give respect. If they stand against us and offer us violence we will give no quarter."

Old 11-26-2016, 07:40 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Thumbs up Women propell gun sales to all time highs

My wife handles a 38 revolver very well, but refuses to carry one in her vehicle or purse.

I'm of the opinion that more women should take personal defense seriously. It's good to see that an awareness is growing.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:50 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
My wife handles a 38 revolver very well, but refuses to carry one in her vehicle or purse.

I'm of the opinion that more women should take personal defense seriously. It's good to see that an awareness is growing.
There is still a big gap in their tactical thinking, however. Even though armed, it's necessary to begin taking action while a potential assailant is still more than twenty feet away.

The tactical problem is that most assailants feign harmlessness until they can get within touching distance, and most women will go along with that (albeit uneasily) until far too late to deploy any defense.

It's been shown that deploying any defense requires making the first moves while the potential assailant is still more than 20 feet away.

Say, a man is approaching her asking for a cigarette light or some small change. She needs to tell him to stop and stay away--loudly--while he's still more than 20 feet away, and be willing to prepare to launch her defense if he continues to approach her after that.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:53 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,447,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
After the elections who believes CNN anymore?
I'll ask the same question from now on when a conservative quotes them because they liked something CNN reported.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:56 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,447,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The tactical problem is that most assailants feign harmlessness until they can get within touching distance.
Is that so?

Quote:
It's been shown that deploying any defense requires making the first moves while the potential assailant is still more than 20 feet away.
Shoot first, ask questions later? Don't wait until you see the whites of their eyes?

Quote:
Say, a man is approaching her asking for a cigarette light or some small change. She needs to tell him to stop and stay away--loudly--while he's still more than 20 feet away, and be willing to prepare to launch her defense if he continues to approach her after that.
Explain how that works on a crowded, noisy sidewalk, will you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies