Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2016, 11:08 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,931,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
As divided as this country is, that's highly unlikely. And as Trump's blending of his personal business affairs with government initiatives, the potential for trouble will increase. Trump supporters don't seem to see the potential risk here.
They'll excuse anything he does, after all any dollar is a good dollar right? No matter whether he is feathering his nest at their expense or not. Trump has his followers eating out of his hand, they will grant ANY concession to their newly crowned king.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 12:09 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma777 View Post
no, only 1/4 of the country voted for him. You guys really hate facts, huh?
Correct, only a 1/4 voted for him, only a 1/4 voted against him. We don't know what the other thought because THEY DID NOT SHOW UP TO VOTE!!!

You get it yet or do I have to draw you a picture there cup cake?

Old 11-28-2016, 12:35 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Yes, companies only care about the bottom line. But when goods are made overseas and imported here, they are cheaper for all us consumers than if they are made in the US. Just think of all the items we can buy cheaply from Walmart. If all these products were made here in the US, many people would have their old jobs back. However, every consumer in the US would pay more for those same goods. We all like the cheap prices. Are we all willing to pay more so that Joe down the block can have his job back...
That's the question. In four years, will Trump, having no excuses whatsoever, still be manufacturing overseas? Will every product be manufactured in the U.S. in keeping with jobs moving back to the Rust Belt? Or will the rationale be, yeah, we didn't get any jobs back but our goods are still cheap, thus nullifying the whole point but making Trump much much richer because, for example, in less than a month, two of his stalled foreign projects have suddenly moved forward.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...dd0_story.html

Old 11-28-2016, 03:36 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,522,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Your last point explains it and is the down fall of your point! The Electoral College was design just so major cities do not dictate for the rest of the country.

Trump is surrounding himself with quality people and did not just his buddies or major donors. Just like Obama and Clinton has done for 8 years. Pay to Play!

Obama actually has defunded Medicare and moved the money over to Obama Care which is a total failure.

Trump would not of won if it was not for him reaching out to the common man and woman. HRC spent more time telling us that America is "Deplorable!
I wish that we all lived in a fact-based universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Correct, only a 1/4 voted for him, only a 1/4 voted against him. We don't know what the other thought because THEY DID NOT SHOW UP TO VOTE!!!

You get it yet or do I have to draw you a picture there cup cake?
Fewer voted for him than for her. We have an idea about what the rest of the country thinks due to opinion polling: Trump is polling at unprecedented negative ratings for a President-Elect.

Old 11-28-2016, 03:45 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It is painful to watch the president they love hated by the other half of the country. It is easier to attack than defend. When one is on the side that dislikes the man in office, they can just sit by and insult.

Trump supporters are rejoicing now but trust me, they will grow tired of how much the president they like is disliked by over half of the country. Over half. They will grow weary of defending him. And if he privatizes Medicare and Social Security, a lot of unpleasantness will likely follow; only time will tell. For those that think they will get rich with Social Security privatization and will then have no problem affording private insurance policies at 70, Enron employees thought they would be rich too.

The electoral college may elect the president, but it doesn't negate that a much larger portion of the country did not want Trump. They are reminded daily that a small number of rural voters had more power than entire metropolitan areas. Both areas may work and pay taxes but saying those large areas have less say is not going to wear well when Trump makes those inevitable mistakes.
lol you guys have to get come to grips with two things

1) You lost....and you lost "bigly" lol

2) you're wrong

I mean how difficult is it to just man up/woman up and just admit that you were wrong about everything?

Old 11-28-2016, 03:45 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
My fear is Trump will get bored with this job. He will turn most of the work over to Pence who I don't trust. I think Pence can thank Trump for the revitalization of his relevancy...

Old 11-28-2016, 05:16 PM

4,150 posts, read 3,907,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
My fear is Trump will get bored with this job. He will turn most of the work over to Pence who I don't trust. I think Pence can thank Trump for the revitalization of his relevancy...
I really think that is a strong possibility.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:24 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
I suspect that in the next 2, 3, or 4 years there will be another recession. I honestly think it won't be Trump's fault ... it happens regularly based on past historical cycles of booms and busts ... but Trump will be blamed.

The American public is fickle. Richard M. Nixon won in one of the biggest landslides, only to resign in disgrace a number of months later.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:27 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I suspect that in the next 2, 3, or 4 years there will be another recession. I honestly think it won't be Trump's fault
It will be Trump's fault.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:35 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Default Republicans Will Learn a Hard Truth Over Four Years

Everybody will, and the hard truth is that Democrats are pathetic crybabies who should never be allowed to run this country ever again. Lesson learned and being proved every single day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies