Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 06:24 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont think anyone's argument is to pretend Trump didnt win, The argument is he has no mandate as the majority of people chose someone else.
Too bad.

Trump is going to run things the way he wants to run them.

And there isn't a thing you can do about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Trump's blow-out wins are no more or less relevant than Clinton's blow-out wins.

Like Trump, Clinton gets the electoral votes for states won regardless of the margin of victory.

The federal government, in its entirety, is a creation of the states.

It exists to serve the interests of the union formed by the states while still respecting the sovereignty of each individual state.

We are the United States.

We are not the united citizens.
Well said.

And more people voted for Trump in California than in any other state by far.

But Hillary still won California.

Sorry libs, you lost, get over it.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This is what lost the election for Hillary: The Democrats turned their backs on the voters and supporters that actually built their Party.

Most of my life I was a Democrat. I am a retired 30 year Teamster. When I was younger the Republicans where looked on as supporting big business and the Democrats favored the little guys. Over the years these lines became invisible as more Democrats figured out that they wanted the big bucks and the 'little guys' had little money!

Hillary was an epitome of the Pay to Play system that would not even listen unless you had the funds to play (pay). Trump was down in the pits shaking hands and reaching out. Hillary was always surrounded by her chosen few - she looked aloof and untouchable.

Many have complained for years about special interest - but nobody has taken steps to curtail the system. Trump was saying what many of us wanted to hear. The fact that many in his own Party turned their back to him only made us stronger in our resolve. Of course we are afraid that we will not get everything; but only time will tell. As of right now he is the only one that has any chance to change the system.
Great post. You nailed it.

The Democrats are now the party of elite globalists who despise the white working men who made up their base.

They want to create a giant Third World plantation and get rid of whitey -- who is too uppity for them.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:38 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Newsflash: Trump lost. By a couple million votes. He is president because of our goofy system not because he got the most people to back him.
President Elect Trump. You meant to say President Elect Trump...

Old 11-26-2016, 06:46 AM

8,069 posts, read 12,787,809 times
Quote:
Newsflash: Trump lost. By a couple million votes. He is president because of our goofy system not because he got the most people to back him.
There is no way of telling who would have won a popular election. Only 55% of the eligible population voted this year. The electoral college system was in place on election day this year and that influenced turnout to some degree.

Trump supporters in California had no incentive to vote knowing the State would go to Clinton. In my own case I ended up voting for Johnson because I KNEW Tennessee would go for Trump. If I had ANY doubt I would have voted for Trump.

How many didn't vote because they are in a State dominated by one party or the other?

Old 11-26-2016, 06:59 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Great post. You nailed it.

The Democrats are now the party of elite globalists who despise the white working men who made up their base.

They want to create a giant Third World plantation and get rid of whitey -- who is too uppity for them.
Thank you again!

Both Parties have their share of 'elitist and globalist' - that is why so many Republicans opposed Trump. One of Trump's first moves is to remove lobbyist. Of course that will not be a easy job as they are already finding out: How Donald Trump's Lobbying Ban Could Shake Up Washington - ABC News. But this is why we voted for him - he is trying!

The others simply took the money and ran. For the life of me I cannot understand why we even allowed any system, that requires candidates to spend many times more than the job pays, to get elected! Actually, in Trump's case since he is only taking $1 in salary; he already spent over $300 million more times than the job pays!

As much as many of us wish that Trump would fulfill all of his campaign promises; most of us are realistic enough to know that compromises will have to be made. Of course we all hope that the promises, that are most important to us, he implements.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:00 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
I agree!
President Trump's victory had a lot to do with the Dems NAFTA (jobs for foreigners) deal that shipped lots of jobs to Clinton Foundation donor countries.
Nafta has been a huge benefit for Texas and their economy,
I'm thinking Trump might have a little resistance in throwing
that agreement out.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:06 AM

8,050 posts, read 10,640,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://info.mrc.org/COLLATERAL-DAMAGE.html

The Dems thought taking people's job away and they would be ok with it.
Not just coal.

A lot of us have not forgotten who signed the NAFTA trade agreement that resulted in the shuttering of many, many plants and mills in our communities. NAFTA - signed in December - 1993.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:19 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:

Goofy because the left lost or because you just don't understand it.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:20 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
There maybe elite globalists at the top of that party but they are not the party of elite globalists, it's a fractured party with many groups that want to go in many different directions that are not compatible. As the long as the Republicans stick to a Conservative lite agenda and do not go off the rails trying to appease the extreme right it's going to be extremely difficult for the Democrats to have any relevancy in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies