Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 05:15 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,591,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Protesters are still going strong for a minimum wage reset of $15.00 an hour.

Minimum wage was set, many years ago, to keep people/businesses from taking advantage of kids.

years ago, kids worked all the minimum wage jobs....

so, now you raise the minimum wage and what happens...

either the businesses will find a way to do away with the workers, or charge much higher prices...

the ramifications of this will be bad....this isn't a win/win

and the worst thing about this, is, it won't give many an incentive to work hard and do better by themselves, to take night courses, and go the extra mile....to educate themselves and get better jobs.
So, your past has been that if you get paid more, you don't have incentive to work harder or get another job? Why are you that way? That's odd.

The more I got paid, the more grateful I was and the harder I worked. I also wouldn't worry about working a few minutes here and there off the clock.

The less I got paid, the more I felt I was being taken advantage of. It also generally was true that the less I was paid, the less well I was treated. Low pay, I found, was reflective of how the employer thought of its workers and people in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 05:16 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
I skip a whole bunch of people who wait for the cashier. They do my order before the others who are still in line.

See you blew it right there.No they don't.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:18 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,905,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
See you blew it right there.No they don't.
I don't understand what you're saying. I put my order into a kiosk. A bunch of people waiting in line for their cashier still have not ordered yet. There has never been a line for a kiosk that ive been to yet. Cashier lines can be pretty long.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
I don't understand what you're saying. I put my order into a kiosk. A bunch of people waiting in line for their cashier still have not ordered yet. There has never been a line for a kiosk that ive been to yet. Cashier lines can be pretty long.

Keep going

This is lie number #2

Old 12-01-2016, 05:22 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,905,122 times
Quote:
Keep going

This is lie number #2
What was lie #1 and what was lie #2?

Old 12-01-2016, 05:22 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Quote:
So no employees ...that means cost will go down so I will either get cheaper food or a discount for using the kiosks,right?

Well, no.......it's the offset the store saves by the few humans needed to keep cooking the burgers...pretty soon they will get a machine for that too. Those pushing for $15 an hour don't realize the McD's has to meet a certain profit percentage.

Average cost of new McDonald's franchise: At least $1 million roughly, with a minimum of $500,000 in cash and non-borrowed resources. Other sources state $750,000 minimum in liquid assets. You must be able to cover 40% of the costs of a new franchise location. You must be able to pay cash for at least 25% of the cost of an existing franchise, with the rest financed over at most 7 years.

Owning a McDonald’s Franchise: Purchase Cost vs. Annual Profit

Old 12-01-2016, 05:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Nope on the time it still must be prepared by a person.
Have you seen the newest thing? Robotic Pizza stores and delivery. About half way through you'll see the automated truck they've developed, lined with ovens. Wait until self driving takes over...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...robot-pizzeria

Old 12-01-2016, 05:27 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
I skip a whole bunch of people who wait for the cashier. They do my order before the others who are still in line.
Same at movie theaters now, went from a line of cashiers down to 2 and several kiosks. Soon enough it'll be online/kiosks only.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
What was lie #1 and what was lie #2?
Go back and read my post's.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:31 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Have you seen the newest thing? Robotic Pizza stores and delivery. About half way through you'll see the automated truck they've developed, lined with ovens. Wait until self driving takes over...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...robot-pizzeria
What about that store where you take the pizza home and cook it yourself? Marco's? I don't know how much that pizza costs because you have to cook it but call me old-fashioned. I want to pick up a HOT pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies