Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you accept your child if they came out as LGBT?
Yes, I would accept them 213 72.70%
I might have difficulty accepting them, but I will try 24 8.19%
I would accept it if they were gay or bisexual, but not if they were trans* 11 3.75%
I could not accept it 45 15.36%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 11:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I don't know if I could be this good. But I believe you are correct. But I am a weak sinner so I cannot say how I would react.
we are all sinners in t he eye of god. once we accept that we can move forward and try to be the best people we can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 12:59 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
It would depend on a lot of things IMO. I know of people who have "come out" as this or that and sometimes that isn't a stand alone thing and can accompany other life choices and ideologies that put more strain on relationships than simply who they choose to love or whatever. But unlike some I WOULD let my kids know if I was disappointed or disapproving of certain things, I always have! If they want to roll their eyes and say "oh mom, you're being crazy and this is what I'm doing" that's fine. Or they can convince me I'm wrong, and they have. But I'm the mom and get to say what I think and they've always known that.

Old 12-24-2016, 01:40 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,504,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
A lot (if not most) parents are at least somewhat unsupportive, and while I understand that it takes time to adjust expectations, it's sad when relationships become strained due to a child coming out. Although some people may feel that sticking to their principles is more important, and if they love their child, maybe they feel that helping them leave the LGBT lifestyle is best.

What does everyone think here?
My child is gay, and on the trans scale which is much more complicated. Not only do I support my kid and think it's OK, I fight for this person. It's not not hard at all for me.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:40 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
My child is gay, and on the trans scale which is much more complicated. Not only do I support my kid and think it's OK, I fight for this person. It's not not hard at all for me.
We were involved with Dallas Pflag for many years. Most conservatives are very accepting of their gay children. It is the uneducated Dem/Repub who sometimes struggles.

Progressives mostly use the gay / Trans issue as a political ploy to get the vote.

And when did Gender Bathrooms become an issue? Does anyone really want a old fat Tranny using the girls room with your Granddaughter ?

Old 12-24-2016, 07:44 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
I sure would, because I would love my son/daughter regardless, and I wouldn't be a POS excuse of a parent.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:50 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,808,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We were involved with Dallas Pflag for many years. Most conservatives are very accepting of their gay children. It is the uneducated Dem/Repub who sometimes struggles.

Progressives mostly use the gay / Trans issue as a political ploy to get the vote.

And when did Gender Bathrooms become an issue? Does anyone really want a old fat Tranny using the girls room with your Granddaughter ?
Surveys have shown more men than women care about the bathroom issue. I'm a woman
and could care less. Our bathrooms all have private stalls. How do you know what gender
someone is anyway? Plenty of people who were born men can look like beautiful women.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:55 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Surveys have shown more men than women care about the bathroom issue. I'm a woman
and could care less. Our bathrooms all have private stalls. How do you know what gender
someone is anyway? Plenty of people who were born men can look like beautiful women.
It should have been done years ago. Now whenever the men's door is locked I just go to the women's bathroom.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:57 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Oh sure, and how about electric shock treatments ?
Try the aroma therapy first.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:02 AM

184 posts, read 144,104 times
I'd love and support my child just like I do now. But I'd worry for them, because I know their life as an LGBT is going to be so much more difficult because of all the hatred directed at the LGBT community.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:03 AM

325 posts, read 153,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So if they did come out you would what? Disown them? Me thinks you still have some things to learn about His message. Maybe one day you will have a nice talk (with him) and see He loves us all, and it is His place to judge, not even a father can override that. Every Day, He is Always with us. Peace
Yes. WHO'S message? I assume you are talking about god,I am not a christian and don't believe in god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies