Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 06:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,311,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1 View Post
Thought my feet felt cold, we agree on something. Hell has frozen over.
SIGH

Just say that you agree and leave it at that. Or don't say that you agree...i don't care.

But save the extraneous bull. None of us are here to make friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 06:58 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,145,186 times
Post In Germany's historical experience with refugees...

About 20-30 years ago, many European countries had around 5-10% immigrant (refugee) populations. In Germany, Turkish immigrants ( not sure that they would have been called refugees) were the majority of the country's immigrants. Each European country seemed to attract a certain country's refugees and Germany gained mostly Turks. Overall most Europeans thought the social and economic impacts were mostly positive with very few negatives.

Fast forward to today and this past optimism is probably what Merkel and others expected when bumping the percentage of immigrants and introducing a large, new, background of immigrants. Maybe reality has set in that once a country exceeds 15 to 20% immigrants, the impact is significant with many unexpected consequences.

Jordan for example now has over 40% of its population from Iraq and Syria and most people there believe there is no turning back and undoing what is now already done. Lots of changes but that's a different post.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:02 PM

587 posts, read 306,518 times
Evil people

IF Barack Obama Leaves Office, He Will Slink Away Covered In The Blood Of The Innocent

Old 12-28-2016, 07:12 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,196,098 times
Merkel said "Islam gehört unzweifelhaft zu Deutschland". I think that's all we need to know.

Excuse me, I need to vomit.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Merkel said "Islam gehört unzweifelhaft zu Deutschland". I think that's all we need to know.

Excuse me, I need to vomit.
So. Why should you have a problem with that? It's her country.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:38 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,413,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Cold War is over. It's Germany's job to deter Russia, not ours. American taxpayers shouldn't be subsidizing Germany's defense responsibilities.

And the world needs an ascendant Germany.
These may be the first sentiments upon which we can agree.

Also, there needs to be a very public discussion, controlled for propaganda interference, as to why (or why not) Russia is the bad guy. There is over one Millennia of grudges held by different groups that have acted as the backdrop to much of twentieth century history and the political agitation today. We must assure that these grudges are not the backbone of any action or sentiment that would thrust these nations into more war and young men from other groups to their deaths.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
These may be the first sentiments upon which we can agree.

Also, there needs to be a very public discussion, controlled for propaganda interference, as to why (or why not) Russia is the bad guy. There is over one Millennia of grudges held by different groups that have acted as the backdrop to much of twentieth century history and the political agitation today. We must assure that these grudges are not the backbone of any action or sentiment that would thrust these nations into more war and young men from other groups to their deaths.
I have no interest in sitting Europeans down and telling them that they have to be good boys. If they have long held grudges, oh well. If they're interested in ripping each other's heads off, have at it.

Old 12-29-2016, 04:44 AM

7,864 posts, read 10,345,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
While it's not just Germany that hus suffered from the migrant crisis, she certainly was largely responsible for spearheading it and trying to pressure other governments in Europe to do as she did, ultimately leading to massive increase in crime; particularly rape and sexual assaults such as what happened in early this year and beyond and has tried to make it so that no one specifies those of a certain decent of people being disproportionately culpable for it.

To me, she has shown she cares about power more than all us, others, including other women be damned. Granted, the very fact they thought giving anyone that was raised in East Germany and took part of the inner workings during the CW era any kind of authority is absolutely insane in and of itself, but it amazes me she continually gets a pass, especially by feminists. Do you think she could really care less about the great increase of crimes that have been committed, and the women that have been raped by her actions? Personally, I don't think so at all, power is all that matters to her, everyone and everything else be damned.

To me, she is easily one of the worst most evil women to have ever existed and should be put on the same level as Elizabeth Bathory and hopefully when she dies has to spend eternity together burning in the deepest pits of hell.
while she was utterly wrong headed , GW bush and tony blair are the ones primarily responsible for what happened in syria , syria stems from the destabalisation of iraq and to a lesser extent libya

Old 12-29-2016, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Chancellor Merkel has found herself in the deeply unenviable position of having an expansionist Russia in one corner and the nightmare in Syria in another.

That Syria's problems are the result of Russia's meddling is apparently forgotten.

When one works at her level of politics, you do not "care" per se. I am sure Angela Merkel the person has distinct feelings. Chancellor Merkel, however, has a nation to run and must worry about the health and stability of the European Union.

Rest assured, Germans are aware of this. They even know about the European Union

If anyone has a legitimate complaint against Chancellor Merkel, it's the Greeks. And it isn't clear to me that they have much room to complain.
the syrian war was caused by the original invasion of iraq in 2003 , russia has done only good with regard syria , they have helped assad defeat the 7 th century psychopaths of IS

Old 12-29-2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
It is bad logic that somehow it is smart, or the Germans are indebted, to integrate third world Arabs and Africans. First, the German people were not asked if they would agree to this situation. It was imposed upon them. Thus, it can't be stated that "the Germans" want to help. It can only be said that Merkel and her band of supporters want Germany to support millions of third world aliens.

Second: the threat of this situation is what caused NS Germany to rise. Giving them the situation that they were warning against not only risks another such rise, but it also validates their initial fears. This political validation is what will stand in the distant historical view: and not much else. Germany's initial, pre-WWII fear of this situation also provides evidence that this situation is not thrust upon Germany for its acts in WWII; but that it was slated to occur regardless.

Third: there are myriad of atrocities levied against minorities to the present day, to include by Jews (And Russians, Turks, Chinese, etc.), and none of these people are meant to be indebted to integrate the third world.

Here's what is actually occurring:

German industriousness is a threat to the banking centers in London and New York as it resists the aggregation of power in those centers. Its also a threat to a united front against Russian power, as German industry tends to gravitate toward Russian influence over time. Tying the albatross of millions of third world migrants around the economic and sociopolitical neck of Germany will slowly inhibit its industrial potential. These people were not industrious in their nations of origin, and they will never produce in the same manner as the Germans. Like it or not.
pockets of sense in this post , neither american or british power ( political or economic ) has ever wished to see a strong germany , BREXIT is a huge gift to american plans in this regard as germany has more to loose than anyone else should the EU or even the euro fall apart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies