Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 02:26 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
In Mexico Private Property has not the same definition that in USA, in fact the State own the whole of the Land and resurces and the private "owners" have certain rights but not all of them. All USA Investments entered here with that Legal Background and they took the risk and the opportunity, and most of them have had great profitability, however now that US is openly agresive to Mexico, The mexican government can excersice its rights according to the Mexican laws in Mexican Territory.
That goes 2 ways there. The US can "exercise its rights" in this country and, if that pisses Mexico off, oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 02:34 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Openly aggressive?
That's rich coming from Mexico.
How is securing your borders, jobs and restricting remittances being aggressive?

That's what I would like to know. One poster even called it racist. WTH? Is Mexico racist for securing its southern border from illegal entry? I doubt those making those idiotic comments will explain it though.

Here's another point. Mexicans and other Latinos hold the highest quotas by far for "legal" immigration into our country so where's the racism? I won't hold my breath for an answer though.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:38 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
and what did we have before anti mexican government rhetoric?

I know, what a hoot, hey! How is securing our border against illegal entry and deporting illegal aliens being anti-Mexican when Mexicans enjoy the highest quotas for legal immigration into our country by far. Do I hear crickets?

Old 01-04-2017, 02:57 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,297,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Mexico considers seizing $100 billion in US-owned assets

LOL! Is this serious?

Ask Cuba how well that worked out.
Well, Fidel was in power for the terms of ten presidents, his brother is still in charge, and I don't see where Cuba has returned anything, yet they're still around.

I'd say it worked out.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Well, Fidel was in power for the terms of ten presidents, his brother is still in charge, and I don't see where Cuba has returned anything, yet they're still around.

I'd say it worked out.
Worked out for who? Def NOT for most of the Cuban people.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:28 PM

1,302 posts, read 684,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That goes 2 ways there. The US can "exercise its rights" in this country and, if that pisses Mexico off, oh well.
Yeap, The issue here is that NAFTA was a deal signed by USA it was not imposed by Mexico, and NAFTA had consecuenses in both sides of the border in your side some people who were working making Shirts plants and othe manufactures lost their Jobs, In our side many of our Companies were purchazed by US conglomerates and their Profit was grigolized, taken away from Mexico reinvestment and shared to Stock owners in New York.

So, Our Assets were alienated from our country, and your Jobs were exported here where wages remained low, they never went up. So now that Your President elected is wanting your Jobs to go back to USA we in Mexico want Our Assets to come back to Mexican Hands.

In the other side, Your country wanting to Punish Mexico to pay a Wall by increasing fares on Exportations, is an extrajurisdictional movement violatory of current signed treaties, and of international law. thus we can put compensatory moves validated by the World Trade Organization to punish US profit in Mexico as far as to compensate any Trumpist atempt to make harm to México.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:30 PM

This is stupid, USA has very few if not none intenational friend and ally outside in the world, and the only partner you have is at the south, and you think we are you worst enemy.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:34 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
If you exclude Texas the border isn't very active. Cochise, Geronimo, Littorio, the Earps, the Clantons, Doc Holiday,and Pancho Villa. No one has controlled that border. The Chinese wasted a century building their fiasco that never even slowed the Mongols down. We have drones and balloons patrolling, they are more effective than a wall

Old 01-04-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
This is stupid, USA has very few if not none intenational friend and ally outside in the world, and the only partner you have is at the south, and you think we are you worst enemy.
Mexico only cares about Mexico, NOT the US. Too; Mexico needs us a whole lot MORE than we need that 3rd world country.

Old 01-04-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Mexico only cares about Mexico, NOT the US. Too; Mexico needs us a whole lot MORE than we need that 3rd world country.

For Decades Mexico Lived without USA, in those decades from 1920 to 1980 Mexico grew faster than Now, and it was that way because we were closed to US trasnationals and Mexico protected its internal market, yes we didn't have McDonald's or any othe fast food franchisement we grew on our own and we didn't needed the importation of Fuels from US.

Believe me, US can survive without us and we without you. We are almost 125 million people in a Country with Large international waters, lots of mineral resources, Lots of land to grow our own food. and lots of universities TUITION FREE to develop our own Technologies and to Copy all patents,

by the way in closed Economies Patent violation is unable to be punishable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies