Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 09:18 AM

8,895 posts, read 5,380,497 times

Advertisements

I figured you would be used to this after 8 years of BO.

"If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan."

"You'll save $2500 in health insurance premiums."

Lots of "shovel ready" jobs .....

Your health care premium will be no worse than your cell phone bill.

Hey Syria, I'm drawing a line in the sand .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 09:20 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
There are many people who follow others without thinking. It's easier that way.
And they vote GOP.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:22 AM

45,453 posts, read 60,666,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
It may also turn out to be who grabs who by the p---y.
And that's the hypocrisy. The same individuals having an attack of the vapors over ***** grabbing have been silent, and in some cases defended, about a President having sex with a 20 year old intern and lying about it. A President who had a miasma of sexual harassment accusations follow him throughout his career.

Similar to two Congressmen in the 1980s who both had sex with underage pages. Both were censured by the House. The Democrat refused to acknowledge the censure and was reelected several more times. The Republican lost his seat.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:24 AM

25,850 posts, read 16,549,505 times
I think it's reasonable that you list specific lies for us to address.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:26 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,102,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I figured you would be used to this after 8 years of BO.

"If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan."

"You'll save $2500 in health insurance premiums."

Lots of "shovel ready" jobs .....

Your health care premium will be no worse than your cell phone bill.

Hey Syria, I'm drawing a line in the sand .....
And that's the condensed version...lol.

Fact is that the nation has become so polarized in their beliefs that many people on both sides care more about the party agenda than they do about the integrity of individuals within the party.

It's not that people don't care.....it's just that there's bigger fish to fry.

Someone posted a good example a while back, If I remembered who it was I'd give credit, but I don't recall. It went something like this:

"When you have an infestation of rats in your house, you don't really care much about the character of the exterminator...

You just want them gone."

Old 01-22-2017, 09:27 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,592,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
{snip} He's here to save us from economic growth, low unemployment, and robust economy. #ThanksObama

Let's see: (2008 vs 2016)

Nation debt doubled
Debt per person doubled (now about $61k per person)
Median family income lower
Work force participation lower
Average family medical premium approx. 50% higher
# of Food Stamps dependents approx. 30% higher
# of people living in poverty higher.

Thanks indeed!

Old 01-22-2017, 09:29 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,974,031 times
Because their chief concern is harming their perceived enemies, and they believe Trump will accomplish that.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:33 AM

2,025 posts, read 4,180,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
There are many people who follow others without thinking. It's easier that way.
The people who aren't thinking for themselves are the ones who follow popular culture, celebrity worship, the traditional media outlets, the educational systems, all of the institutions who demand that we submit to the authority of the overarching state , US and UN. No thinking required, just walk into the booth and push the "D" button.

To vote outside of that box requires actual independent thought. That action goes against every aspect of culture and media. And then if you voise your opinion in some sectors you are physically assaulted by mobs whipped into a frenzy of talking points and utter gobshyte.

I see in the postings here a lot of the same talking points that appear about the same time. One of these days the other side will come up with their own repository of quick talking points, until then we will look at the world, think about what we see and then express ourselves as we see fit.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:36 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,313,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What lies? If this is about the number of people who showed up, I think most of us have better things to do and think about, than how large a crowd was! Very immature and groveling, but fully expected from the pink hat crowd.

I find it strange that this is a talking point of the left, but then again possibly talking about bringing the country together is not their strong point.
There are many, but if that's your response, then maybe you can tell me how the media should have better things to do than report on the inauguration, including crowd size (which they do at EVERY huge event), but that the PRESIDENT on day one doesn't have anything better to do, and his Press-guy's first presser was about that very subject, filled with lies, he read from a script, and walked off stage with no questions. If you believe there are better things to address, as I do, where is your ire at your President for not addressing them.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:43 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,604,576 times
What lies? I'm sure Trump does some puffery. But like others said, there are bigger fish to fry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies