Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 12:29 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,810,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
That's Madonna being herself. Only Trumps's ego is bigger than Madonna's.

The huge crowd got the best of her. She just had to attract the most attention.

Her remarks were detrimental to the larger purpose.
Again...HYPOCRITE!

When Madonna does something stupid you defend her "that the crowd got the best of her". But if/when trump does/says something stupid all hell breaks lose!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 12:29 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
For one thing Madonna offered sexual favors to people if they vote Hillary. So she's a *****. And the talk about wanting to burn the white house down. Really? Please don't follow any protest she's leading because it makes women look bad. Not only that, quit listening to celebrities. They prove over and over again that they aren't our smartest people. The smartest things they ever say are usually written by someone else and handed to them in a movie script or song lyrics. Most of these people are dumb dumbs. And quit dying your hair weird colors because its probably why you don't have a job and have time to attend these destructive protests.
You know what?

No one cares about whether or not you are proud.

But since you decided YOUR opinion was of great value (this is the Facebook effect....I assume you are a nobody like most people), please inform us...

Were you proud of Mr. Trump's comments about women?

Are you proud of his outright lies?

Are you proud of his mocking of the disabled?

Are you proud of his love of Putin?

Please tell us. Your opinion is obviously very important. Your Facebook friends think so.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:30 PM

25,581 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Nice try , but the smart money says the march was a huge success and greatly over delivered.

You are completely free to cry , whine and even make things up. We get it, you are angry to find out that your racist anti women buddies are just a minority group after all............
Uh-Oh. We're in trouble now.
"Woman" has just become a new race.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:30 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Have to agree here... Madonna and her gang of celebs, have houses with walls to protect them and bodyguards once theyve spouted their nonsense, ordinary folk are left on the streets at risk and dont have the protection these idiots have.. its easy for them to incite their nonsense, when all this now should be played down.. what do they hope to achieve.. all I can see is destruction, abuse and hatred. not the peaceful protests that were perhaps planned in the first place.... but then you can be assured there will always be the haters and window smashers in a big crowd, the ones who wait for this type of thing to unleash their daftness where they think they wont be noticed..De Niro, Madonna, Judd and the others should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves by fuelling these crowds ..
Funny. The same could be said of our new president, who's thrown his own verbal grenades aimed at riling up the disaffected to violence. Madonna's comments were inappropriate and hateful. They proved to be a distraction from the event's true purpose. I'm am not a fan of either.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:35 PM

18,530 posts, read 18,761,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Funny. The same could be said of our new president, who's thrown his own verbal grenades aimed at riling up the disaffected to violence. Madonna's comments were inappropriate and hateful. They proved to be a distraction from the event's true purpose. I'm am not a fan of either.
I feel the same.. but its her we're discussing just now.. and shes one horrible woman , whos always been overrated and sickening.. How the hell shes managed to the top I dont know.. She makes me cringe with embarrassment and more now ... her mouths as dirty as her.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:35 PM

16,282 posts, read 10,421,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Madonna was 1 person at 1 march. Why would you allow 1 person out of 5 million to taint your view of the whole thing? "dumb dumbs?" really? This has to be the weakest post I've seen on this subject yet.
My thoughts exactly. What a silly thread to start, I care nothing about Modanna but I care deeply about our rights to form protests and the right for voices to be heard.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:36 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
What's "dumb" is to focus on the celebrities and and fail to look and see the big picture .... the millions of people (women and men) all over the country and the world who see and say "no" to trump and his agenda.
The celebrities are a infinitesimal percentage of those who rallied and marched. It's silly and "dumb" to even focus on them.
You know what is "dumb"... to not get enough votes to win the election and then start whining!

Pull your adult pants up and stop whining just as Republicans did and try to get the government people out that you don't like.

Republicans did that and won, so get a life!

Old 01-22-2017, 12:39 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You know what?

No one cares about whether or not you are proud.

But since you decided YOUR opinion was of great value (this is the Facebook effect....I assume you are a nobody like most people), please inform us...

Were you proud of Mr. Trump's comments about women?

Are you proud of his outright lies?

Are you proud of his mocking of the disabled?

Are you proud of his love of Putin?

Please tell us. Your opinion is obviously very important. Your Facebook friends think so.
No issues with any of the above lies you try to sell.

Trump will be a great President and much better then Obama so we have no worried and very proud to have him and Mike Pence running the WH!

How is your opinion about the SNL writer who mocked Trump's 10 year old son? Please explain why that hasn't been mentioned by you!

Old 01-22-2017, 12:39 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
We should finalize this thread by quoting other entertainers who said outrageous things....

I'm not into rap or country - there has to be lots of country songs about terrible things (booze, divorce, adultery, etc.)....

I will start.

Bob Marley
"I feel like bombing a church - now that I know that the preacher is lying".

Bob Dylan
"I saw guns and sharp swords in the hands of young children"

The Clash
"A nuclear error, but I have no fear.."

Everyone
"Onward christian soldiers, marching as to war"...

Hey, isn't the White House and Capital blown up regularly in movies and video games? I think nukes did away with it in "Man in the High Castle" that I am watching now (along with millions of others)....

Let's not pretend Madonna saying what she "feels like" means anything much. In fact, if we take her literally what she said was "I feel like getting violent but I know I have better ways to fight this scourge"..

You'd think that would be a positive.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:41 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,071,815 times
This article about what actually took place yesterday is hilarious

KATIE HOPKINS on the Women's march on Washington | Daily Mail Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies