Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2017, 02:03 PM

88,615 posts, read 84,857,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
People still don't get it. If a man got up in front of people and went off on some schpeil about his dick he'd be labeled a pervert. Ashley's outright gross recital and people like Madonna and Miley that hump things on stage aren't a good choice if women want to be taken seriously. If we haven't come far enough it may be the fault of women like those in these protests. If you want to be taken seriously don't stand up and cheer for people like this.
Actually...what I felt was more offensive was calling Trump a person covered in Cheetoh dust. It's not nice to make fun of someone's physical appearance, no matter who they are, IMO. Just wrong.

Oh, and there's a mistake in the poem Judd quoted. He definitely does not wear a toupee. That's his hair. Go ahead, ask me how I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why did the founders create the 2nd amendment?

(I must have asked this 10 times now without an answer)
Because they had no army in place and needed to be able to form militias if needed to put down rebellion.

So...what is the point in relation to my post.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Ive never said anything like loving or liking the man, I find him a bit embarrasing to be honest.. Ive no affiliation with him or Hilary, I dont like her either.. and think the American people have been duped by having these two as candidates.. hahahah haggis... you dont think for some reason, its because his mothers a Scot .... no no.. I dont go down that route at all.. Ive no axe to grind either... I just dont like these marches whether their over there or here .. we have them too.. so I wont be skipping through the heather or the sand near his golf course haha.. I had read the march was planned for Hilary winning the Presidency.. so if this is true were they still going to shout Trump down on placards... I wonder..your the ones over there who know about this much more than I do...
Hah, was his mother really a Scot? I had no idea. My BIL is a Campbell, so he's always going on about haggis, although I don't think he really likes it.

Well, we agree on that--I disliked both Hillary and Trump and voted for neither one.

I want more parties, more choices. Now there's something else to march for, ladies!

Marches don't bother me, although I've never participated. I worked in Manhattan most of my life, where people protest things all the time. One day I was out walking at lunchtime near City Hall, and I turned a corner and coming toward me was a mass of Asian people carrying signs and chanting. I got to the side and let them pass and read some of the signs---apparently a new law had been passed in the city that affected drycleaning establishments, and these were people in the business and they were going to City Hall to protest.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:16 PM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
you say you are conservative, how many have lived with the cheating husbands to keep the family unit together?? Forgive 7x70 the church tells you- hmm? but a far as some of the dumb stuff like emails- 99% bogus chatter - I know- ask the military- they know HOW top secret is transmitted and it is never on a reg. server- I wont into go again its over-- but a woman as POTUS,,, what scares ya? women all over the world would have been empowered- my grand daughters would KNOW can do whatever they want- just with one female POTUS-
again its over- BUT not what the majority of women WANT! NOt going anywhere
sorry Im lost....i only get the cheating husband part and no , I wouldnt ever accept it for any reason... I know lots who have though but more for security than anything else, Hilary didnt need security.. she was loaded, and if Id been her I wouldnt have been seen for dust.. and she could have moved on and kept her pride.... isnt this what all these protesters are on about too.. women power, well Hilary let them down..We have a female PM and I think thats great, no problems there but youve lost me with the rest of your post. either Im tired or just dont get it.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:18 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
And why do you think that is?

Was it because the patriarchal society of the past suddenly saw the light and offered these opportunities out of the blue?

Or was it because women protested, marched, chained themselves to railings, studied hard and worked even harder to get there and be taken seriously?

Some of us were alive and observant during the 70's. It was because our mothers got angry and decided they wouldn't put it up with it anymore that things changed.

We do not want to go backward. That's it. And it's very valid. We don't really care that you don't think so.
Why do you think I want women to go backward?

Old 01-24-2017, 02:20 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,033,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's not a temper tantrum.

You realize that those calling it a temper tantrum is demeaning. It's an attempt to minimize the event (because millions of women participating in an event is something that needs to be dismissed, minimized, ignored), and to dismiss the women as childish. Grownups don't throw temper tantrums, children do.

These women have valid concerns about the world we live in, and they took the time and the opportunity to demonstrate. You may not have liked some of the speeches that were made. Guess what, the marchers may not have liked all the speeches either. But the message was that great numbers of women were able to organize at relatively short notice a massive, global march. The message was that women care, and that women deserve respect, and that women are politically active and will act.

That's not a temper tantrum.
One of the funniest posts, ever.

Of course it's a temper tantrum. There was no message. Women don't care any more than men. Women don't deserve respect any more than men. And if women want to pitch hissy fits and call it being politically active, they're dumber than I thought. How on earth does coagulating and marching help the world we live in?

So they can organize. Big freaking deal! So can ants and flies.

What's funny is the post I quoted has about as much "message" as the goofy girls in pussygirl hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
The marchers claim to represent women and a great many of us are saying they do not. We will not remain silent on city data just because people like you want us to.
They sure the hell don't represent me.

I voted. I wonder how many of them did.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Because they had no army in place and needed to be able to form militias if needed to put down rebellion.

So...what is the point in relation to my post.
The founders specifically stated that they enacted it because they knew the possibility was real that people would need to protect themselves form their own government. To be violent if need be.

Violence is an important part of what makes us a country.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:26 PM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hah, was his mother really a Scot? I had no idea. My BIL is a Campbell, so he's always going on about haggis, although I don't think he really likes it.

Well, we agree on that--I disliked both Hillary and Trump and voted for neither one.

I want more parties, more choices. Now there's something else to march for, ladies!

Marches don't bother me, although I've never participated. I worked in Manhattan most of my life, where people protest things all the time. One day I was out walking at lunchtime near City Hall, and I turned a corner and coming toward me was a mass of Asian people carrying signs and chanting. I got to the side and let them pass and read some of the signs---apparently a new law had been passed in the city that affected drycleaning establishments, and these were people in the business and they were going to City Hall to protest.
Haggis is lovely, hahaha its spicy and a bit like black pudding, wont tell you whats in it though...haha.

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right - I wasn't OFFENDED - that's too strong a word. Bemused, maybe. Not at all surprised. Any more than I was at Trump's vulgarities...or Hilary's continued enabling.

Wait a minute - that last one, I DO find offensive as a woman. Actually, she makes my skin crawl with her enabling behavior. That definitely bothers me more than Trump's locker room talk OR the ***** hats.
Trump's "locker room talk". Ok, I get the divide now.

Hillary chooses her marriage, she's offensive - Trump discusses his actual plan for getting an actual married woman who is a live person that he works with into bed by bribing her with furniture shopping - discusses it with a colleague of hers, no less, which is appallingly demeaning and disrespectful - not to mention that when she turned him down he tried to get her fired - and that's just par for the man course. Bemusing, even.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I noted for years that the protests would start back up as soon as there wasn't a (D) in office. That is not a valid reason to protest.

Pretending it's about something you have ignored for years is also quite sad.

To be fair...Yes, there probably was a few handful of women not there as hypocrites. I applaud them.
Please.

Tea Party protests.

While partisanship probably did play a role in this, you blithely insisting that the protest was invalid because you were unaware of protests during the past eight years is silly. YOU simply weren't aware or ignored protests. Or you dismissed them, like dismissing the BLM protests, because it's not an important issue to you.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies