Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2017, 12:47 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right - if they'd been asked to "appear anonymously" I doubt seriously that they would have done so.

Um.....how would you know who did march anonymously, exactly? Do you not know the meaning of the word?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 12:48 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
With few exceptions, none of the speakers and marchers spoke or appeared anonymously...unlike the pansy-a$$ed and privileged whiners on this thread.
Come on now - tell us your real name and where you live.

By the way, it may come as a surprise to you, but I actually have exactly the same "persona" in real life as I do on this forum. I am very aware that anything anyone puts out there online "lives forever" so I never write anything that I wouldn't feel comfortable with my friends and family knowing. They probably know it anyway since I'm a pretty outspoken and extroverted person.

One other point - I actually have joined in protest marches before - in very public places - several times. My gosh, I was even interviewed on TV and in the newspaper several times - with my name and picture included. It's not really my style - I prefer to just simply vote, and volunteer in my community, and be a good example to my kids and grandkids, but I have been known to be a bit of an activist, and will probably get pulled into it again before it's all said and done.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:48 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Wait, I thought you were saving children? No, you're still ranting and raving about a march that happened three days ago?
Me? No, transgenders and Blacks are. So... along with narcissistic and self-indulgent, we can add sexist and bigoted as temper tantrum march descriptors.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Um.....how would you know who did march anonymously, exactly? Do you not know the meaning of the word?
I was talking about the speakers. I thought that was obvious but apparently not. Hope I've cleared that up for you. But to take it further, since most of the marches were covered pretty heavily by local and national and international media, I think most people realized they ran the "risk" of being (gasp) identified.

In their little ***** hats.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I was talking about the speakers. I thought that was obvious but apparently not. Hope I've cleared that up for you. But to take it further, since most of the marches were covered pretty heavily by local and national and international media, I think most people realized they ran the "risk" of being (gasp) identified.

In their little ***** hats.

Sorry, I misquoted you. My comment was intended to be directed towards the person who said "none of the speakers or marchers appeared anonymously". I thought it was funny.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Me? No, transgenders and Blacks are. So... along with narcissistic and self-indulgent, we can add sexist and bigoted as temper tantrum march descriptors.

Oh, right. You're the one still screaming and name-calling on the internet.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:00 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Didn't click on the first link but here is a quote from the second:

Yesterday, white women rose like a wave in the streets of our nation, drowning out the voices, bodies, stories, and visibility of Black women like me. In a million small ways it felt like nicks in the skin with a hot knife. Painful and intricately placed. Sometimes in a million huge, unfathomable ways: I am still weeping for my sister Raquel Willis who was invited to speak at the DC march, only to be kicked offstage mid-speech so that a white cis woman could share her feelings.

Second story I've read today with a similar theme. Before the noise quiets down, white women are going to be thrown under the bus big time. Watch for it.

ETA: Just clicked on the first link. Didn't bother reading beyond the opening paragraph:

Transgender activists are upset that the women’s march over the weekend was not inclusive to biological men who identify as women, as the protest presented an “oppressive message” that having a “vagina is essential to womanhood.”

Old 01-24-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Pansy arsed you say.... well Id rather be a pansy as a pussyhat... oh I feel a song coming on..oh I love it, youve really made me laugh... pansy arsed, I must keep that one..The speakers being anonymous, are you joking, they must have broke their necks getting in there first to grab a platform.. no shrinking violets amongst them...
Dizzy - PLEASE post some sort of resource - a Pinterest page, a link to something - that helps us buy or at least make pansy assed hats. Not that I want to wear ANY hat that is evocative of a body part, but maybe we could give them as gifts.

You know what I kept thinking of as I watched the coverage of all those stupid pink hats? For some reason I couldn't get Fasching in Germany out of my mind - where people regularly walk around wearing hats with gigantic, bobbing, very realistic...oh how can I say this delicately...MALE members bouncing around from their foreheads.

Such class.

Not.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Didn't click on the first link but here is a quote from the second:

Yesterday, white women rose like a wave in the streets of our nation, drowning out the voices, bodies, stories, and visibility of Black women like me. In a million small ways it felt like nicks in the skin with a hot knife. Painful and intricately placed. Sometimes in a million huge, unfathomable ways: I am still weeping for my sister Raquel Willis who was invited to speak at the DC march, only to be kicked offstage mid-speech so that a white cis woman could share her feelings.

Second story I've read today with a similar theme. Before the noise quiets down, white women are going to be thrown under the bus big time. Watch for it.
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlDBi0cyIA

Sorry - that might take a bit of work but it's worth it.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:06 PM

Kathryn, do you really not understand why pu***y hats were symbolic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies