Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2017, 09:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Did you even bother to read that very well written and heart-felt post? Nothing depressing about being empowered with facts.
Yes I read it and it was a very negative and pessimistic synopsis of the world today sprinkled with some historical facts at the start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 09:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The men and women who marched were secure enough in themselves to speak out on issues that are important to them. They didn't march in order to appreciate their lives and opportunities. They marched to ensure that the opportunities for their children will be even greater. They didn't need Madonna to speak for them, they allowed Madonna to speak. The marches across our country were a demonstration of power.

And the people who are criticizing them, who are trying to belittle those who marched, seem to be threatened by that power.
No, there was just no clear reason or message other than the message to massage their own egos...

Old 01-24-2017, 09:50 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
[quote=KathrynAragon;46940565]All I can say is thank goodness I am secure enough in myself to be proud that none of the speakers at the march in DC spoke for me. I don't need to march on Washington in order to appreciate my life and opportunities as a female living in the United States for the past 55 years. I don't need Madonna speaking for me.

And Hillary enabling her sexual predator of a husband for decades does not represent who I am as a woman.

Trump doesn't represent my values either.

But as long as no one gets in my way, they're all free to make fools of themselves all they want, I guess.[/QUOTEYou said it for me Kathryn, thank you..

Old 01-24-2017, 09:51 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So only you get to define "selfishness."

Got it.
What do you not get about a self-indulgent narcissistic 'Look at me! Look at me!' temper tantrum march?

Bad form. Even the transgenders and Blacks, normally in the lefty tent, are criticizing the selfish temper tantrum marchers for being sexist and bigoted. When you alienate even your allies, you f'ed up. Badly.

Women's March 'Dangerous Space' With 'Oppressive Message'

White Women Marched For Themselves At Women's March On Washington | Essence.com

Old 01-24-2017, 09:52 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Thank Margaret Sanger? She wanted to exterminate the black race... LOL
Bogus.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
No one is claiming 3 million NATIONWIDE. That's 3 million WORLD WIDE, yes Mr. Trump has managed to unit woman all across the globe.

You continue to bemoan how much money the marchers spent to get there that could have gone to other causes. We could follow you around and find plenty of things where you spend money that could go to do-good causes.
I didn't waste money to attend a self-indulgent narcissistic 'Look at me! Look at me!' temper tantrum march. Even the transgenders and Blacks, normally in the lefty tent, are criticizing the selfish temper tantrum marchers for being sexist and bigoted. When you alienate even your allies, you f'ed up. Badly.

Women's March 'Dangerous Space' With 'Oppressive Message'

White Women Marched For Themselves At Women's March On Washington | Essence.com

Old 01-24-2017, 09:53 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
No, there was just no clear reason or message other than the message to massage their own egos...
No, there was a clear message. You just don't want to understand it.

The message: Women are a political force to be reckoned with. Respect women.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:54 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Bogus.
Not really. It's been well-known for a while.

GROSSU: Margaret Sanger, racist eugenicist extraordinaire - Washington Times

Old 01-24-2017, 09:56 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

We just had change. Of administrations. Just not the kind you like.
It's not real change. It's rolling backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

My bet is that if you deconstructed a lot of the individuals (female) who dislike such a march, you would find a numbers of them who have been abused or at least heavily controlled by men and bought into the cycle.

A normally sane person would probably not care either way - that is, they would look at the March and think "I don't feel strong enough to do that, but good for them".

To oppose it takes a much stronger bent.
This might be it but it's funny to me because I've been taken advantage of in different ways. However that is precisely why I think a march can be important. So you'd think they'd be the most likely to see the importance in a protest.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Why no! What you're missing, as usual, in your never ending quest to be obtuse and to argue past everyone that has a different POV than you, is that no one is obligated to do as you say.
Of course they're not. Like I said...

It's anyone's right and choice to believe that selfishly spending money on themselves to participate in an ineffective (and now even criticized by minorities and transgenders as bigoted and sexist) narcissistic self-indulgent temper tantrum march is a better use of their money than donating to domestic violence shelters, food pantries, PP, etc.

But they should think very carefully about what that says about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies