Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 08:41 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times

Advertisements

CNN lovers will be scared of that but anyone else should be agreeing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 08:45 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,410,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You are right, we need to go to Infowars and anonymous bloggers to get the real story.

They have some nerve questioning Trump's fact based response that 3-5 Million illegal voters cost him the popular voted. Russia didn't hack us, he had almost 2Million people at his inauguration, those are Trump facts. The major media are lying.
You must have missed the reference to the BBC in my post. You can find it here Home - BBC News You may also want to try www.rt.com or reuters.com or apnews.com or bloomberg.com which all provide the news and clearly separate opinion and magazine style pieces from the news reports.

Still waiting to see the actual data and not just opinion about Russia hacking.

Trump did have a greater audience watching worldwide than Obama.

Not 3-5 million illegal voters, 3-5 million illegal votes. Jill Stein's recount request seems to agree with Trump's allegations Oops! Stein's Recount Turns Up More Votes Than Voters in Detroit | Fox News Insider

Old 01-26-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Oh, I know it will only scare those of us who understand what this administration is trying to do by discrediting the media. However, this article is worth reading.

The media needs to start fighting back, and it needs to happen now. No more live interviews should be granted; fact checkers need to pull apart every statement from this lying bunch of morally destitute, evil people. When they tell a lie, the press needs to immediately show the truth. Period. No more giving them any wiggle room to spout their BS as facts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/b...ews-media.html
By the way, I can't wait to see if Trump does something like Putin's year-end press conference.

Vladimir Putin holds annual marathon press conference - Dec. 23, 2016

"Putin took questions for almost four hours in a room with 1,400 journalists "

I could just see big media having a meltdown that they are just one of many in a room.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:51 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,653,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
It's really, really odd that the Democrats who in the 1960's were the champions of the working class from Pennsylvania to Wisconsin would turn on the working class now. The Democrats have essentially built themselves a coalition of high-earning coastal elites and urban low-income mcjob class. That coalition just can't last.
Maybe. But the GOP was always the party of the rich and never friendly to the working class. So now, we have no one.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:58 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Oh, I know it will only scare those of us who understand what this administration is trying to do by discrediting the media. However, this article is worth reading.

The media needs to start fighting back, and it needs to happen now. No more live interviews should be granted; fact checkers need to pull apart every statement from this lying bunch of morally destitute, evil people. When they tell a lie, the press needs to immediately show the truth. Period. No more giving them any wiggle room to spout their BS as facts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/b...ews-media.html
(can't rep you need to spread it around it appears...)

I completely agree.

For months I have been wondering why the media has no backbone. I really don't get it.

Why is kellyanne allowed to lie and just keep talking. Why did they even put spicer on in the first place.

Steve Bannon should not be quoted, noted or interviewed. We need a lot more Joy Reid type people who don't let guests run the show.

I suggest we write, call email all media outlets and tell them we support them and want subscriptions, but they must hold Donald accountable.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The gig is up and your ass is grass.

I'd be scared too, if I were you.
why are you threating people here now?

Bentbow, enjoy this limited time while you can, Ryan and the GOP are likely going to impeach Trump very soon, he has almost zero chance of making it couple of years, never mind 4 years.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:18 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

Bentbow, enjoy this limited time while you can, Ryan and the GOP are likely going to impeach Trump very soon, he has almost zero chance of making it couple of years, never mind 4 years.

You don't want to make it personal... Because I know where you live.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

Not impossible, but I doubt it. If you are of the opinion that Trump is incompetent, better to just let him burn out slowly until the next election. If you impeach, there would be defenders and believers that will not be convinced of the incompetence and more importantly who from your side would take the reins as opposed to simply handing the kit and kaboodle to Pence.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:33 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
By the way, I can't wait to see if Trump does something like Putin's year-end press conference.

Vladimir Putin holds annual marathon press conference - Dec. 23, 2016

"Putin took questions for almost four hours in a room with 1,400 journalists "

I could just see big media having a meltdown that they are just one of many in a room.
If you think that was a "free" truthful exchange of information have a bridge to sell you...
Putin has has people killed who actively try to bring the truth to light about his activities...

Old 01-26-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
CNN lovers will be scared of that but anyone else should be agreeing.
nope, you don't get to define who is afraid of what.

But I do. Why? because you are just spewing hate , not adding to the conversation, not expressing ideas.

ultimately you know Trump can't last, he is like a blackhole killing everything near him . Ryan and the GOP will either have to throw him to the wolves or risk being on the wrong side of history for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies