Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 04:45 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Not quite accurate. We want to shame you into paying for our own abortion at minimum.

At minimum, in other words, you would like to ban abortion.

Banning abortion will not stop women from obtaining illegal abortions, that is proven fact.

Abortion will just go underground, totally unregulated.

And, unlike pre Roe v Wade, there will be a HUGE black market for RU486.

BTW, how do you plan on forcing women to take care of an unwanted fetus?

Pre-natal care? Hell no. Pre-natal vitamins? Hell no. Stop smoking? Hell no. Stop drinking? Hell no. Stop toking? Hell no. No coffee? Hell no. No tuna? Hell no.

In other words, lots of angry taxpayers paying for lots of sick, disabled, unwanted, unadoptable babies.... many of them ending up on the public dole for life.

Be careful what you wish for..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 05:12 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
...You view childbirth as a punishment and nothing more than physical and mental stress...
Nobody is saying having children doesn't have rewards, but you are ignoring/minimizing what you euphemistically label the "physical and mental stress" of childbirth. All women should understand exactly what will happen to their bodies (as well as what probably will happen, and what may happen rarely) as a result of making that decision.

You may die because of your pregnancy/childbirth. Here in America, "7.2 women died per 100,000 births in 1987, that number swelled to 17.8 deaths per 100,000 live births in 2009 and 2011." https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ed-in-the-u-s/ There are some problems that, even with the best medical intervention, will cause the death of the mother (as well as the death of the fetus).

Childbirth is one of the most agonizingly painful things any human can experience--and it can last up to 48 hours. Even with medication, the pain is horrendous--and increasingly, I hear of obstetricians who simply never give any pain medication during the long labor and delivery, despite it being strongly requested by the expectant mother (the excuse being it was "too early" and then "too late" to give it). From the doctor's viewpoint, the pain will go away when the process is over--but if he administers medication, he runs the risk of something going wrong and triggering a medical malpractice lawsuit.

Even under the best circumstances, childbirth is unbelievably traumatic to a woman's body (one friend called it "incredibly and unexpectedly violent"). The act of delivering her son actually broke my sister-in-law's tailbone, and she almost died, just because the baby was very large. And we all know that inevitably, your most sensitive skin either rips or is cut (without anesthesia, because you're in so much pain you won't notice).

The mother's body will be permanently injured--to the point that a forensic pathologist can determine approximately how many children the woman had, just from her pelvic bones. The list of common permanent health problems resulting from pregnancy is long: urinary incontinence (Your Guide to Urinary Incontinence After Childbirth | Fit Pregnancy and Baby), fistulas (https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...-by-childbirth), diabetes (Any long-term effects after childbirth? - Straight Dope Message Board), hormone-caused cancers like breast cancer (Does Pregnancy Increase Risk of Breast Cancer? We Ask Oncologists – Insight), episiotomy or tear scar tissue (episiotomy scar pain with second pregnancy? (tmi) - BabyCenter), stretch marks, etc.

And after all this, add on the mental stress of pregnancy, childbirth, raising very expensive children in a world of declining working class pay, watching said children grow up and leave the family (the "empty nest" syndrome), and dealing with the emotions caused if the child makes very bad choices or suffers death, disability, or other misfortune. The marriage (if there is one) is often a casualty: men in general (at least traditionally) are expected to dedicate themselves primarily to a career, while women tend to put their children/family first--and therefore the men have less incentive to have children than women. It is common that the husband will leave the marriage after a child (or two) reaches the 3 or 4 year age point, perhaps because of an evolutionary advantage to men who move on to another woman, who will then demand children.

So let's not dismiss the "costs" of having a child or several; those costs are significant and often permanent. Women are free to choose to have children, but they should do so fully aware of the price they will pay.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:21 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
At minimum, in other words, you would like to ban abortion.

Banning abortion will not stop women from obtaining illegal abortions, that is proven fact.

Abortion will just go underground, totally unregulated.

And, unlike pre Roe v Wade, there will be a HUGE black market for RU486.

BTW, how do you plan on forcing women to take care of an unwanted fetus?

Pre-natal care? Hell no. Pre-natal vitamins? Hell no. Stop smoking? Hell no. Stop drinking? Hell no. Stop toking? Hell no. No coffee? Hell no. No tuna? Hell no.

In other words, lots of angry taxpayers paying for lots of sick, disabled, unwanted, unadoptable babies.... many of them ending up on the public dole for life.

Be careful what you wish for..........
You can rearrange the words however you'd like. Pay your way. I don't care who you kill, pay for it yourself.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:22 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Not true, cats will eat their young if they are weak. My good friend saw it happen once. He had to give the mother cat away because it freaked him out so much.

Yeah, it is difficult to understand how we have "as a society" come to believe that killing our progeny is a good thing.
I eluded to that in my first reply but ya, odd isn't it. Extinction isn't pretty.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:25 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Women who call themselves feminists today have nothing but hatred towards women who do not stop the heartbeat of their unborn child. They HATE pro-life women and they do not support women who believe that life is precious.
Do not presume to know how I feel about anyone, or any issue, and DO NOT say I hate anyone or anything without knowing me, simply because I am a feminist. You don't know me, and you do not know my heart and my mind.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:41 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Please be intellectually honest. Women who call themselves feminists today have nothing but hatred towards women who do not stop the heartbeat of their unborn child. They HATE pro-life women and they do not support women who believe that life is precious.
Meet a Christian feminist, who doesn't hate anyone.

On being a Christian and being a feminist ... and belonging nowhere | Sarah Bessey

Old 01-30-2017, 06:54 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Who is they are the people in Latin America. Most, if not all abortion is banned there. Their very dominate Catholic religion discourages use of birth control. So you end up with an abortion rate much higher than in the United States. Because of that is a major reason why I am pro-choice. Many Catholics in the U. S. frown on birth control.

And someone else is this American woman:
Anti-Abortion Leader to MSNBC’s Joy Reid: Birth Control Pills and IUDs Should Be Illegal

Anti-Abortion Leader to MSNBC’s Joy Reid: Birth Control Pills and IUDs Should Be Illegal

Old 01-30-2017, 07:05 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Prevent an issue? DON'T SLEEP AROUND.

If you end up still having the issue because you're an idiot? Stop killing, put up for adoption.

It's total logic...unless you're a leftist who thinks nothing is their own fault.
Look, if one is a hot looking guy, it's not going to be difficult for him to find a bunch of women willing to spread their legs for him. Indeed, one poster boasted he as had sex thousands of time. But he also added he used protection every time and doesn't think any unwanted pregnancies happened.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:35 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You can rearrange the words however you'd like. Pay your way. I don't care who you kill, pay for it yourself.

We already do, but that isn't good enough for you, is it?

Old 01-30-2017, 08:45 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Fist of all there is a tiny minority that wants abortion to be illegal. Secondly, BC is the responsibility of the person having sex as is the child that comes with it for not being proactive. If you don't want to get pregnant and don't want to use BC, then don't have sex. If you still have sex and you get pregnant, it's you're own fault and you're own responsibility. it's that damn simple.
Doesn't matter whose fault that "pro-life" pregnancy is, tax payers will be responsible for the tab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies