Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 01:33 PM

3,861 posts, read 2,230,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
I am not "anti-choice"
I accept the "anti-choice" label.

Yes, I am anti-choice. No one should have the right to choose to kill someone else - especially not their own child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 01:43 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,496,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I accept the "anti-choice" label.

Yes, I am anti-choice. No one should have the right to choose to kill someone else - especially not their own child.
Well, if that's the case, when your taxes go up to pay for all those little bundles of joy ...don't complain! Pay Up!

Old 01-31-2017, 03:23 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Blaming tax payers for why you are getting knocked up is ,well, Lame.

Never said that.

You saying women do not pay for their own abortions is, well, Lame.

We do pay for our own abortions, but that isn't good enough for you. You do not women to have access to safe, legal abortions, period.

If you want to force women to give birth against their will......well, yes, YOU, the taxpayer, should expect to pay for the results. You got what you wanted, you pay for it.

Last edited by Annie53; 01-31-2017 at 03:35 PM..

Old 01-31-2017, 05:07 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,750,634 times
Liberals want to take away my free speech rights, gun rights, my ability to choose to do what I want with my money, and they want me to support "their body, their choice". I'll support "their body, their choice" if they support my free speech rights, my gun rights, and my ability to choose what I want to do with my money.

I'd like to keep abortion illegal for now. It would encourage people to be wiser about who they have sex with. I don't understand how someone don't think about std's or pregnancy.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:22 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Please explain the logic.
You misunderstand. Many Conservatives want the federal government out of the Welfare-business, since it has no constitutional standing. The States are in a much better position to provide tailored programs that work for their unique demographics, economics, geography and such.

Thanks to the federal government's one-size-fits-all approach, two families of four, each receiving $400/month in Food Stamps. The problem is that $400 buys....

$578.13 worth of food in Cincinnati.
$210.23 worth of food in San Fransisco

....due to the differences in Cost-of Living.

Perhaps you could explain the logic that perpetuates this gross injustice harming some Americans, while enriching others.

Birth Control is an individual responsibility, not a group responsibility, unless you're planning on having group sex. So, are you? You know, planning on having group sex?

I'm not morally or ethically obligated to purchase Birth Control for others.

I can't help but notice that many "poor" women can afford butt-ugly tattoos, so logically that tells me they can afford to buy their own Birth Control.

Tattoos, or Birth Control.....which is more important?

As for Abortion, I'm willing to permit it up to the 14th week of pregnancy, but the fact that I am willing to permit it does not obligate me to pay for it. Women need to pay for their own abortions, and if they can't, then they can look into adoption.

If there's an issue, then Liberals need to pull out their wallets and purses and start handing over more money to Planned Parent and other such organizations.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:12 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
absolutely untrue, men have deserted their families for generations, well before RvW
Very true. I know of several women in my family's history that were abandoned by their children's father. My mother was one of them. Her father abandoned her at the age of 9, she had 3 brothers and a baby sister. Luckily 2 brothers were able to work and my grandmother had some generous relatives and they made it through the latter years of the great depression and WWII.

The people here commenting negatively on paying taxes and all that to support children have some good points especially when it comes to enabling the destruction of the nuclear family. I believe that that is only one part of it though.

Men have to man up. My grandson has no father, he was a selfish punk that only cared about what he wanted from life and was utterly spineless when it came to pulling his weight. Don't cry and run run away when the hard right hook of reality comes calling. Do your duty.

As for the women here you need to make much better choices. You need to have much more depth. It seems to me many women forsake due diligence for a thrill.with some selfish half man who's only skill set isn't going to earn him a decent living let alone support a family. It's not about strutting peacocks ladies. Get some depth. Get some common sense.

As for us as a people it's pretty simple. We need to treat one another a lot better.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:39 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,038,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Most people truly in need do not have investment properties.
Investments are for profit. I ended up with two houses because I bought a second and moved, without selling the first. Not one dollar was made on holding the house until I could sell it. Actually it was a loss of $30k.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:05 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,038,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Maybe you can explain to me how all of my friends and family were able to cobble together successful, prosperous and fruitful households without resorting to government funded abortion and/or birth control.
Luck... they didn't have a spouse walk out on them. They may have been able to get a good paying job. I have been trying to climb to a higher salary for 20 years. I have received more qualifications, increased my knowledg, obtained a few licenses and certificates. The only thing I have achieved is I now do my bosses work on top of my own, and explain accounting functions to her over and over. I still get paid peanuts. Before you suggest leaving, I have consistently switched companies looking for advancement opportunities, at least every five years.

I have come to the conclusion that something about me, whether it is my personality, the way I dress or hygiene, that prevents me from climbing ladders. Evident by the fact that I have trained two
People that started after me, and they both are now in higher positions. I keep being told that I am perfect for the position I have, while they dump more on me.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:14 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Please explain the logic. You have a group of individuals that want abortion to be illegal. They want planned parenthood (birth control to low income) to stop being funded, and the same group, are the first to tell a single mom that should not have had kids, she could not afford.
You DO know that there are many multiple times public health department clinics that provide free or very low cost sliding fee scale birth control services than there are PP facilities, no? PP is redundant. Not necessary. Those services are already provided to more girls/women at the counties' and states' taxpayer-funded public health department clinics.

Info:

DHS: Family Planning

Old 02-01-2017, 06:20 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,790 times
Quote:
Please explain the logic.

Life does not work that way. You can't take away someone's ability to prevent an issue, but then blame them when they have an issue.
I don't care for abortion as a method of birth control, but, I really don't care if you want to kill your baby. I just don't want to pay for your mistake.

But, to address your question, how does making abortion illegal take away someone's ability to prevent an issue (by issue, I suppose you mean an unwanted pregnancy)?

Really? With all of the less expensive methods of birth control available, people are still not able to prevent unwanted pregnancies?

And that is my problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies