Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2017, 02:00 PM

36,711 posts, read 31,008,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I AM a woman. And I managed my own fertility. Neither expected nor felt 'entitled to' a handout of free BC. Had only 2 wanted pregnancies/births. No unwanted pregnancies. If I can do it, so can others.

No excuses!
I'm a woman too and beyond worrying about pregnancy but I understand its an issue for other women and I'm just glad women are trying to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancies and births, I don't care who pays for it.

But applause, applause, applause! You are superior to a significant representation of our population because you managed to not have an unintended pregnancy and always had the resources to maintain your own BC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 02:03 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,085,247 times
Quote:
Being foolish and using a method incorrectly should never be excused. BC pills aren't effective when one forgets to take them every other day. Be irresponsible when you're driving a car, and the penalty for stupidity and carelessness could be death.

Why the hell aren't people more responsible for their own actions? They don't have to be. Uncle Sugar will pour money and freebie benefits all over them when they f' up. (No pun intended.)
If you are irresponsible when driving a car, and, let's say, end up with multiple broken bones and need surgery, the government doesn't say....."If you can't pay for treatment yourself, too bad for you. You f'up, you pay for it."

Nope....our society will mitigate all kinds of mistakes that cause one to use health insurance, unless it involves a BC mistake.

How about women who have their tubes tied and still end up pregnant? Who should pay for that mistake?
The woman? The doctor? The government?

If you want to put the responsibility on the woman, she should get to choose how she wants to deal with that mistake, and that would include terminating a pregnancy that she went above and beyond to prevent.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:08 PM

18,413 posts, read 19,073,882 times
Quote:
Being foolish and using a method incorrectly should never be excused. BC pills aren't effective when one forgets to take them every other day. Be irresponsible when you're driving a car, and the penalty for stupidity and carelessness could be death.

Why the hell aren't people more responsible for their own actions? They don't have to be. Uncle Sugar will pour money and freebie benefits all over them when they f' up. (No pun intended.)

people are infallible, you forget your keys, to turn off the coffee pot. people do get rushed and forget. that doesn't mean they are irresponsible. abortion is taking responsibility.

there is also a great deal of abortions and births resulting from teenagers who have no intention of having sex that find themselves engaging in sex on a spur of a romantic moment. you will never make this segment of young people be "responsible". life isn't black or white, it has greys as well as human error.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I'm a woman too and beyond worrying about pregnancy but I understand its an issue for other women and I'm just glad women are trying to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancies and births, I don't care who pays for it.

But applause, applause, applause! You are superior to a significant representation of our population because you managed to not have an unintended pregnancy and always had the resources to maintain your own BC.

.....and she is lucky her doctor didn't tell her "if you decide to carry this pregnancy to term it could kill you. Oh, and your insurance won't cover the costs to terminate."

Old 02-01-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I have been middle of the road on abortion/antiabortion for my adult life. I guess I'd be more pro-choice if I had to be put into a category. But, I am interested in the history of this organization, so I researched.

Planned Parenthood is an organization.

Google it's founder Margaret Sanger to understand how it started. Here is just one blogspot of hundreds of links to biographies: The Truth About Margaret Sanger: Margaret Sanger, Snopes, Planned Parenthood and the Ku Klux Klan

My opinion is If someone wants birth control they can visit their Dr. if someone wants an abortion, they should go pay for one....But, why should our tax dollars pay for it, especially Globally?

If we continue to federally fund abortion, shouldn't we also pay for right to life agencies? If you don't want the gov't choosing your birth control method, then it stands to reason that you also should not be expecting the gov't to pay for it.
We already do, in the form of food stamps, Welfare, CHIPS, and foreign aid that provide the means to sustain life......and no, no one asked me if it was OK with me to use my money to do so.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:14 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,218,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I certainly can understand your point but we as taxpayers really dont have the authority to approve or veto exactly where our tax dollars go.
But, of course, we do, since we vote.

If abortion is a "private thing" then it needs to be 100% private, and that means no federal or State tax dollars funding abortion.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:16 PM

18,413 posts, read 19,073,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
But, of course, we do, since we vote.

If abortion is a "private thing" then it needs to be 100% private, and that means no federal or State tax dollars funding abortion.
hyde amendment.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:18 PM

778 posts, read 340,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The morning after pill? You mean the one many pro-lifers want to ban?

Go after my rapist? What makes you think a rapist is going to pay child support? Even with law enforcement, many regular baby daddies get out of paying child support, don't have a job or just don't make enough money to support a child.

And then, guess what, YOU get to pay for it! LMAO!
Why would a pro-life advocate want to ban the morning after pill. If you take it immediately after having unprotected sex, then there would not have been time for a fertilized egg to even reach implantation, so you are not ending a life, you are just causing a period.

Now, RU-486, the abortion pill - THAT is a different story because that is just another method to kill an unborn child.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:42 PM

50,491 posts, read 47,270,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Why would a pro-life advocate want to ban the morning after pill. If you take it immediately after having unprotected sex, then there would not have been time for a fertilized egg to even reach implantation, so you are not ending a life, you are just causing a period.

Now, RU-486, the abortion pill - THAT is a different story because that is just another method to kill an unborn child.
It's disturbing that poster thinks the whole thing is a laughing matter.

Old 02-01-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's disturbing that poster thinks the whole thing is a laughing matter.
Yes, it is laughable that those who complain the most about women and children using their tax dollars to survive are also the ones who do not want to make sure the most reliable forms of BC are within easy reach for all who need it.

They can't seem to grasp that it takes less tax dollars to pay for BC than it does to pay for a child on the public dole for 18 years.

They will applaud the closing of Planned Parenthoods and then whine when the number of women and children on welfare increases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies