Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 06:26 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times

Advertisements

Right now we have a Secretary of Defense who is left out of the loop of decision-making.

James Mattis appears to be one of the few competent, level-headed people surrounding Trump. We all breathed a sigh of relief when he was confirmed. Finally, a level-headed person around Trump who can protect Americans from Trump flying off the handle and doing something stupid and/or dangerous.

Mattis is overseeing a war in Iraq and was left out of a critical decision involving Iraq.

That he was left out speaks volumes about how safe we are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 06:26 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Do people that promote this argument have ANY clue just how stupid it sounds to anyone that puts even a few seconds of thought into the issue?

What you're saying is that that there are people that embrace a culture and a political system that have been indoctrinated their entire lives to hate Americans, to believe in the superiority of Islam, that embraces the destruction and subjugation of all those not part of Islam. That embraces the slaughter of gays, the subjugation of women and the rape of children. Who's "ideal man" is someone that practiced pedophilia, committed war on those that showed him charity, embraced rape and slaughter. That have practiced these activities their entire lives, and often have been taught techniques of terrorism.

And of course to avoid "triggering" these people, you propose to import them into this country, hand them billions of taxpayer dollars, encourage them to set up neighborhoods where radical extremism flourishes...and then change our country to accommodate them until they decide to commit terrorist acts? Because that approach has worked so well everywhere it has been tried, right?

Tell ya what? Why don't you go find a rabid pit bull, bring it into YOUR house and let it live in your kids bedroom.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:27 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Yesterday on the radio on my way to work, there was a story about US soldier that worked diligently to get his translator into the US. He trusted his translator so much that he armed him to fight on our side... they both risk their lives for each other. He had intelligence that his translator and his family were being targeted. Without this translator's help and those of others like him, their job would not only be more difficult but much more dangerous.

It took almost 8 years to get him and family here... just before the ban was signed. He confirmed that the vetting process is stringent for them just like other refugees.

The translator is a Muslim. Now why would a Muslim risk his life to assist US troops if even the slightest message of "anti-Muslim" comes from the US?

The US is partly responsible for the mess in the Middle East. Now we are seen as turning our backs on them....

I'm more concerned about what happens with the Exec Order for the immigration ban expires.... will it be extended.. perhaps indefinitely.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:31 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times

Old 02-01-2017, 06:32 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,875,674 times
I bet if we pulled our troops and stopped dropping bombs, ISIS would have a much less of a leg to stand on. If you ignore that, but take to the streets for a travel ban, you're a hypocrite.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:33 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Refugees enter into the US with no vetting process whatsoever? You believe that? Really?

At least, Trump believes that a vetting process EXISTS.. just not good enough in his standards..

Last edited by usayit; 02-01-2017 at 06:44 AM..

Old 02-01-2017, 06:33 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times

Old 02-01-2017, 06:37 AM

1,160 posts, read 713,609 times
Why do you care?

Seriously, why do you care that for 90-180 days some syrian, iraqi, iranian, libyan , sudanese, afghani, foreign national is unable to travel to the unites states.

What impact does that have on YOU?

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I bet if we pulled our troops and stopped dropping bombs, ISIS would have a much less of a leg to stand on. If you ignore that, but take to the streets for a travel ban, you're a hypocrite.
In this case, the word you're looking for isn't hypocrite, it's idiot.

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
As a Trump supporter, I actually agree with a lot of posters in this thread. I also agree with Toyman.

My friend - a combat Marine posted this in another thread

It is counter productive when the media gets involved in warfare. It has cost many American lives. As a matter of fact my company was ambushed by 107mm Chinese Rockets THE day after pastor Terry Jones in Florida tried to burn The Holy Quran. With that being said, the undo media attention on Guantanamo Bay Detainees was so intense that it caused undue input from people that weren't experts at winning Wars. As soon as media started to get involved with military and political affairs that wars ended up lasting ten years plus!

When media portrays only the violence, no one sees the good people have done. There where a lot of amazing acts of courage to protect the people of Afghanistan by our armed services that were never portrayed in media, because it simply would spike ratings the same way water boarding would.

I think the world is a mad place. I don't think this travel ban will help isis recruitment effort simply because it is too God damned late to worry about Muslim feelings. If they want to be pissed, they have already decided to be pissed off 10 something years ago when we started those ridiculous wars !!

Germany does not have any travel ban, look at Germany. Need I say more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies